Apartment in La Cala, Mijas Costa, Costa del Sol - Within Walking Distance Of Village And Beach
"La Cala" is a traditional Spanish fishing village known and loved by the locals. The long beaches are clean, safe and well cared for, the sand is soft and golden. The beach has a lifeguard on duty and has also been awarded the "blue flag" making it one of the best in the province.There is a street market every Wednesday and Saturday and during the sultry summer nights the village is filled with flamenco dance and music. There is a watch tower that was used in the 16th century to warn boats of rocky cliffs. The view from the top of the tower has to be seen to be believed. This very spacious apartment has two large bedrooms with a balcony and sea view. A new kitchen and shower/bathroom and a separate shower room with cubicle. Kitchen well equipped. Lovely gardens and pool. Village, beach, shops, restaurants, market etc. all in walking distance. Golf course at the bottom of the garden. Malaga airport 20 minutes, Marbella 20 minutes. Local buses from village every 20 minutes.
Top Traveller Review
Had great holiday
About the Owner
I have owned my property in Spain for more than 20 years and try to use it as much as possible myself as I never tire of it. The area has many fine features that just cannot be found elsewhere and many visitors to my apartment return time and time again. I try to keep the property updated and decorate on a very regular basis, often several times in one season. If a visitor has any ideas on how to improve on the service/facilities I provide I am willing to listen and make changes that I could enhance your stay. Please feel free to ask any questions that may help you decide if the property/area is right for you and your family/friends.
Guestbook comments from the owner
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
From the Owner
“I bought in La Cala for many reasons. I dislike high-rise buildings,very few of these are evident in La Cala. Whilst La Cala has most facilities it still retains the typical "Spanish village" atmosphere. The locals are often seen chatting with visitors, very often local children can be seen on the beach mixing with visiting children despite the language barrier. La Cala is not too built up and commercialised and there are numerous places within travelling distance to go to on the local buses.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Fantastic golf facilities 10-15 minute walk away. This golf club has a variety of options for payment. La Noria is the course, check it out, www.lanoriagolf.net
The local beach is just a few minutes walk, as are the shops, restaurants, banks, and bus stops. The local buses to Malaga, Fuengirola, Marbella and Gibralter all stop at the village. The beach is sandy and safe with several excellent beachside restaurants with sun-loungers. Children's play equipment has recently been added near the beach. Entertainment is often provided in the local village which the locals attend making La Cala an ideal holiday destination. There is also Tourist Information.
From Malaga airport it is a 20 minutes drive to the apartment. There is a train station at the airport where the train will take you to Fuengirola. The fare is about 2 Euros. From Fuengirola a bus is available to La Cala or a taxi.
Fuengirola by car or bus is about ten minutes, Marbella 20 minutes, Malaga 20 minutes, Gibralter 75 minutes. The local village of La Cala is a few minutes walk or two minutes in the car.
The local beach has been awarded the "blue flag" ranking it among the best in the province. There are permanent lifeguards on duty. Nearby is a new and safe children's playground that has proved to be very popular.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Dec 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Mar 2019 - 31 Mar 2019
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Upon booking 25% deposit payable plus £100 refundable deposit for damage/ breakages. The balance is payable six weeks prior to departure. The refundable deposit is repaid within a week of vacating the property.
Changeover day can be flexible. Arrival and departure times can also be flexible dependent on other guests arriving or departing. The changeover days are decided on a 'first booked first choice' basis.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- New bathroom with bath and shower, WC and basin. Fully tiled. Also a new shower room with cubicle fully tiled.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) 2 bathrooms Notes on bedrooms: 2 bedrooms each with single beds, fitted cupboards, dressing table, bedside cupboards, bedside light and ceiling fan. Sofa-bed in lounge that sleeps 2..
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is ideally suited for families because of the abundance of facilities nearby. Outside: Very safe enclosed gardens suitable for children. Large newly refurbished pool, outside toilets and shower. Garden furniture included. The gardens are accessed by stairs but access can also be gained through a gate from the road. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath and hand towels, and bed linen included. The property is cleaned immediately prior to use. If extra cleaning is required during your holiday this can be arranged. Towels and bed linen is not changed unless a request is made. Beach towels not supplied Other: Drawer space and hanging space in both bedrooms.