Rural location yet only 5 mins drive to Market Town of Loule or village of Santa Barbara de Nexe
Luxury detached villa set in approx 2 acres, landscaped gardens with automatic irrigation and illuminated swimming pool. Rural location surrounded by olive groves with scenic view of countryside. Not overlooked and with complete privacy. Gated driveway and double car port with ample parking for additional cars. Only 20 minutes drive from Faro airport. Within short driving distance of historic market town of Loule for shops, restaurants, castle, market and all other amenities. 10 minutes drive to pretty village of Santa Barbara de Nexe with restaurants, chemist, bank, supermarket and petrol station. 15 minute drive to major golf courses at Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago and the famous nature reserve at Ria Formosa; 15 minutes to superb beaches at Quarteira. 20 minutes to the Marina and Casino at Vilamoura and the famous Water World. Faro with its shopping malls and wealth of designer shops restaurants cathedral is 25 minutes drive. 35 minutes drive to Spanish border. 55 minutes to Seville.
About the Owner
About Robert Cottrill
I have owned Villa 'CASA EDNA' for 12 years. It was purchased as our family home and fully furnished. I stay there for part of the year and rent out the villa in summer to cover my increasing costs. The villa continues to be well maintained and is furnished to a very high standard. I have appointed an english property agent to maintain the villa, swimming pool and mature gardens in my absence to ensure high standards of repair and cleanliness. Richard Mills is there to meet and greet you on arrival. He is able to assist and advise you, to ensure your holiday is comfortable, enjoyable and memorable.
Families continue to return to my villa each year. They love the surroundings, tranquility and privacy. My visitors book is full of praise and a true testament to the quality of your holiday.
Robert Cottrill purchased this villa in 2003
Why Robert Cottrill chose Santa Barbara de Nexe
Goldra, situated between Loule and Santa Barbara de Nexe, has magnificent views of the coastline from Faro to Villamoura. It has the advantage of surrounding countryside away from the seaside bustle of tourists, yet close to the historic market town of Loule and the picturesque village of Santa Barbara de Nexe. It offers the opportunity to go for country walks and yet be in close proximity to all golf courses in the golden triangle and seaside resorts of Quatiera and Villamoura.
What makes this villa unique
Surrounded by olive groves it offers peace, privacy and tranquility with panoramic views over the countryside and beautifiul sunsets. Relax on the terrace overlooking the illuminated swimming pool, silhouetted countryside dotted with lights from distant villas and watch the sun setting over the distant hills with a glass of wine
From the Owner
“Goldra, situated between Loule and Santa Barbara de Nexe, has magnificent views of the coastline from Faro to Villamoura. It has the advantage of surrounding countryside away from the seaside bustle of tourists, yet close to the historic market town of Loule and the picturesque village of Santa Barbara de Nexe. It offers the opportunity to go for country walks and yet be in close proximity to all golf courses in the golden triangle and seaside resorts of Quatiera and Villamoura.”
Activity and Interests
The coastal beaches of Vale do Lobo, Quateira and Vilamoura are within 15-20 mins drive.
Faro airport is 20 mins drive. Seville airport (Spain) is 55 mins drive. Car hire is recommended.
Goldra has restaurant with spectacular scenic views across valley to the sea. Country walks and hill climbing for the fit and active. Market town of Loule is 5 mins drive. Historic castle, indoor food market and weekly outdoor gypsy market. Tree lined avenues, ornate fountains, shops, restaurants, cafes, bars and a hypermarket. The village of Santa Barbara de Nexe is 10 mins drive with restaurants, bars, cafe, Bank, chemist and minimarkets. Two bar/restaurant 10 min walk from villa. Faro 20 mins
There are numerous rural restaurants and bars in the area offering excellent food and wine at very low prices. A new Supermarket has just been built outside Loule, close to Goldra, 5 mins drive from Villa. English manager and wife reside in area. They look after all aspects of hire and maintenance and can give valuable local information. He will meet you at the villa on your arrival.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
30% deposit on confirmation of booking. Balance to be paid 6 weeks before date of arrival. £200 damage deposit to be paid locally on arrival and will be refunded before leaving.
Weekly change of bed linen and towels by cleaners.
Thursday changeover preferred, but flexible. Villa available at 12 noon. Departure by 9.30am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Discounts for long winter lets.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Surrounded by olive groves it offers peace, privacy and tranquility with panoramic views over the countryside and beautifiul sunsets. Relax on the terrace overlooking the illuminated swimming pool, silhouetted countryside dotted with lights from distant villas and watch the sun setting over the distant hills with a glass of wine”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- live theatre
- water parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with shower, WC and hand basin. En-suite to bedroom 2 with bath/shower, WC and hand basin. En-suite to bedroom 3 with bath/shower, WC and hand basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 double Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Upper floor bedroom 1 with king size bed and private terrace. Upper floor bedroom 2 with double bed and private terrace. Ground floor bedroom 3 with double bed and patio doors to garden. All bedrooms with air conditioning. 2 extra single beds and cot.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Central heating radiators and air conditioning/warm air heater in lounge and three bedrooms. Built-in wardrobes with sliding doors in all bedrooms. Ideal for children but parents should be mindful of young children being alone around swimming pool. Outside: Large landscaped gardens around the villa with lawns, shrubs, olive trees, citrus fruit trees and tropical plants. A built-in BBQ with chimney breast in covered terrace with ample chairs and table overlook the swimming pool. Loungers and umbrellas placed around own private swimming pool. Enjoy complete privacy and tranquillity away from the hustle and bustle of other holiday makers. Utility Room: Gas/solar panel central heating boiler, work surface above washing machine and tumble dryer, electric iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels and bed linen provided and changed weekly. No beach or pool towels provided. Property cleaned weekly.