Lustruyen farmhouse & cottage
Farmhouse & cottage set in one and half acres. Farmhouse has ground floor en suite family bedroom with double & single bed. Upstairs is a double bedroom, twin bedroom, family room ( double & single) and bathroom.There is an open plan lounge/kitchen/diner with large farmhouse table sofas and chairs, log burner, books, flat screened TV with English freeview channels, video and DVD player. The kitchen is well equipped with plenty of crockery, non stick pans as well as a kettle, toaster, coffee maker, hand blender etc. There is a gas hob/oven, fridge, microwave oven and dishwasher.
The detached cottage sleeps 4/6 has a ground floor bathroom and open plan lounge/kitchen/diner. The kitchen is well equipped with a gas hob, electric oven, fridge and microwave oven, kettle, toaster, coffee maker, hand blender etc. The lounge area has leather chesterfield settees, books, flat screened TV with English channels, video, DVD player, log burner and French doors to patio area and orchard.
Set in one and a half acres in a quiet rural area but within 5 mins of the market town of Rostrenen. The largest lake in Brittany, Lac Guerledan and the Nantes/Brest canal are only 15 mins away and offer many water sports including canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing and waterskiing as well as small sandy beaches, restaurants and boat trips along the lake in July/August. There are tennis courts in Rostrenen and fishing in nearby rivers and lakes. The roads and lanes are quiet and flat and ideal for bike riding with lots of designated randonees (footpaths) criss-crossing the countryside. The 2 properties on this site, the cottage (sleeps 4/6) and the farmhouse (sleeps 6 adults and 4 children ) can be rented separately or are ideal for larger family groups (max 16) who would prefer to rent both and have the pool/place to themselves. In the grounds are a boules court, table tennis, trampoline with safety net, swingball, badminton, children's swing, slide and playhouse. Dogs may be accepted.
Across the gravelled courtyard from the farmhouse is the pretty detached slate and granite cottage that sleeps 4/6. The open plan ground floor has a lounge/kitchen/dining area and bathroom. There is an antique dining table and chairs seating six.The kitchen is well equipped with a gas hob, electric oven, fridge and microwave oven. There are plenty of china, cutlery and glasses and all the normal appliances ie kettle, toaster, coffee maker, hand blender etc.
The comfortable lounge area has two leather chesterfield settees, books, flatscreened TV with freeview channels, video and DVD player and French doors lead to a private patio area which overlooks a small apple orchard and grassed area with a rotary washing line. The upstairs is fully carpeted with one double bedroom and a family room with a double bed and sofa bed
About the Owner
A deposit of 25% is required to secure the booking with the balance payable 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. A separate cheque for £100 or equivalent is required per property per week as a refundable security deposit. We recommend that you take out travel insurance with a cancellation clause.
Changeover day is Sunday in July and August but we will try to be flexible at other times.
Notes on prices:
Prices are per property per week in Sterling. A deposit of 25% is required to secure the booking with the balance payable 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. A separate cheque for £100 or equivalent is required per property per week as a refundable security deposit. We recommend that you take out travel insurance with a cancellation clause. Payment can be made by Bank transfer, cheque or Paypal For all other dates please contact us.
Activity and Interests
The largest lake in Brittany, Lac Guerlédan is close by (15 mins) and offers all types of watersports including sailing, canoe: kayak, water skiing, pedaloes, swimming, fishing, boat trips etc.as well as sandy beaches and restaurants.
The coast is 40 mins away with some of the best beaches such as Pléneuf-Val-André and Erquy under an hour. Perros- Guirec,Tregastel and Ploumanach on the pink granite coast are between 1¼ - 1½ hours away.
Approximate travelling time to our properties:
Boulogne 6 hours 3 mins. Dunkirk 6 hous 40 mins.
Brest 1 hour 30 mins. Le Havre 3 hours 50 mins. Caen 3 hours. Lorient 1 hour 32 mins. Calais 6 hours. Nantes 2 hours 40 mins. Cherbourg 3 hours 40 mins. Rennes 1 hour 30m, Dinard 1 hour 27 mins. Roscoff 1 hour 30 mins. Channel Tunnel 6 hour 16 mins. Saint Malo 1 hour 30 mins. Dieppe 4 hour 58 mins. Saint Brieuc 43 mins.
Lustruyen is in the countryside but is only a 5 minute drive away from the small market town of Rostrenen which has 4 supermarkets, banks, pharmacy, restaurants, Internet access and a Tuesday market. 20 minutes away is Carhaix with lots of different shops and a market on Saturday mornings.
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- water skiing
- Shower room - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Ground floor ensuite in farmhouse
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, bathroom in cottage
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, bathroom in farmhouse
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon, Cottage bedroom
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot, Cottage bedroom
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, Ground floor ensuite bedroom in farmhouse
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot, farmhouse bedroom
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, Child's bedroom in farmhouse
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, bedroom in farmhouse
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Wireless Broadband access (WiFi). Well behaved dogs may be accepted. For families with young children we can provide free of charge cots and bedding, high chairs, stairgates, sterilisers, changing mats, baths, toilet, trainer seats, potties, night lights and plastic bowls and cutlery. Outside: Here on site you can enjoy swimming in our 10x5m heated, fenced, swimming pool with shallow end and Roman steps. The pool is sheltered and well positioned to remain in full sun all day with tables, chairs, parasols and sun loungers to relax on. The pool is normally open from the end of May to the end of September. In the grounds are a boules court, table tennis, trampoline with safety net, basketball, badminton, children’s swing, slide and playhouse. We also have a grassed area that we keep cut for ball games (football, cricket and rounders) so that children kids play safely within sight but without disturbing the adults. There is plenty of room within the grounds to park cars safely. The farmhouse and cottage are detached from each other across a gravelled court yard. Each property have their own garden furniture and barbeque.There is a communal room that the two properties have a key to housing the washing machine, freezer, ironing boards, irons, Hoovers and a video library.