Stunning mountain and lake views. 5 bedrooms all en suite. Private swimming pool. Close to numerous local golf courses.
Our property is a 5 bedroom (sleeps 10) luxury house, built in the traditional Dutch Cape style, on the fabulous De Zalze Golf Winelands Estate. 3kms from the historic town of Stellenbosch in the heart of the Cape Winelands. The De Zalze championship golf course, already rated No3 in the Western Cape, has hosted the SAA Open and World Amateur Championships. Our lakeside house, is 200m from the 6th fairway and walking distance from the clubhouse. The rear of the house has magnificent views of Table Mountain in one direction and the Stellenbosch Mountain range in the other, yet retaining total privacy. The estate which enjoys 24hr security, houses 3 active wine farms including 2 of the regions premier wine producers Kleine Zalze and Spier. Local places of interest within easy reach include Table Mountain, Cape Point, Chapmans Peak, Franschoek, Robin Island, V&A Waterfront, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens/Concerts, Boulders Beach-Penguins, Stellenbosch Town and Wine Routes.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We stayed here in January this year. The accomodation was of a very high standard and was spacious and luxurious with lovely views over the golf course and lake. The villa was within walking distance of the clubhouse. De Zalze is right in the middle of the wine region and very close to Stellenbosch which is so lovely to wander around enjoying the scenery, cafes and atmosphere. We will definitely be back and cannot reccomend it hightly enough. M&T (Herts)
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
As De Zalze is located in the heart of the famous Cape Winelands it can also be used as a base for wine tours. Many wine estates have very good restaurants and leisurely lunches eaten in their grounds are not to be missed.
The nearest beaches to the house are Strand, Bikini Beach and Gordon's Bay. Strand beach is approx. 15mins from the house and is a long wide sandy beach. Bikini Beach and Gordons bay are a little further, approx. 25mins from the house, with cafes and restaurants overlooking the sea. There are many excellent coastal drives all with stunning views of False Bay and the surrounding mountain areas. Camps Bay, a little further afield, is very popular and is an excellent lunch venue.
Cape Town International airport is 30 minutes drive from the house. The use of a car is essential and car hire is available from the airport and locally.
All major car hire companies are represented.
South Africa is left hand drive the same as the UK.
Stellenbosch Square (2 mins) hosts the nearest supermarkets, cafes, restaurants, etc. Stellenbosch itself is one of the most beautiful towns in SA (5 mins). It is charming and unique and has a rich history dating back to the 17C. Somerset West (on the way to Strand Beach) boasts a huge modern shopping mall, and cinema (12 mins). The route to Franschoek (35mins) takes you on a spectacular mountain drive to this historical wine town. All Cape Town attractions including the Waterfront (40 mins)
Cots/play pens available on request.
Please mention when enquiring the ages of any babies/children in your party.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
11 Sep 2016 - 19 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
20 Nov 2016 - 8 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Please check availability for the dates you require by either email or contacting us direct. A booking form and Terms & Conditions will be emailed on request.
Reservations will then be confirmed on receipt of a completed Booking Form, and receipt of the 25% rental deposit.
The rental balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to travel together with the damage deposit.
Changeover Day: Flexible
Arrival after 16.00 hours. Departure before 10.00 hours.
Arrival and departure days are flexible.
Sundays arrivals or departures will incur a surcharge of £30.00.
Saturday arrival or departure will incur a surcharge of £30.00.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Minimum stay 7 nights. Additional nights charged pro rata.
Special prices apply for Christmas & New Year dates - POA.
During the winter months (June, July, August,September a heating supplement will be charged.
A rental deposit of 25% is requested at the time of booking to confirm the reservation. The balance is then due 8 weeks prior to arrival together with the damage deposit. For a booking form and a copy of our Terms & Conditions please contact the owner.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Fireplace ...
- Garage ...
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- near the sea
- winery tours
- horse riding
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- All bathrooms include a shower, basin, vanity, and toilet. Master & Guest suites in addition to the above have a bath in each. All bathrooms are large and luxuriously appointed. A separate guest toilet is located on the ground floor.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - Twin room, ensuite bathroom, dressing room, air con
- Bedroom 2 - Twin room, ensuite bathroom, air con.
- Bedroom 3 - Twin room, ensuite bathroom, air con.
- Bedroom 4 - Twin room, ensuite bathroom, air con
- Bedroom 5 - Twin room, ensuite bathroom, dressing room, air con.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 En-Suite Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Five large twin rooms (all beds extra length) and all ensuite. 3 with balcony and lakeside/mountain views, 2 with mountain views. All air conditioned. All with generous wardrobe space. All rooms finished to a high standard.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This 450 sq/m house also boasts underfloor heating and an open log fire for occupancy during the winter months. The built in surround sound system has independantly controlled speakers in all the downstairs reception and dining areas. Outside: The property has landscaped gardens to the front and rear. The rear garden is completely private and backs onto one of the lakes on the golf course, and in the distance is the 6th fairway. The Stellenbosch Mountain range stretches to the east and amazing sunsets can be seen westwards towards Table Mountain, all viewed from the garden. There is a built in BBQ. teak patio furniture, sun loungers and cushions. Private swimming pool 9m x 4m. Depth throughout 1.3m. No diving please. Double garage with electric doors. The golf estate itself is planted with citrus and olive trees, vines, roses, banks of lavender and many local indigenous plants and grasses, and is stunning. Wildlife is abundant. Utility Room: Separate utility room housing washing machine, tumble drier, freezer, double sink, iron, ironing board plus extensive storage space. Access to drying yard. Golf club store adjacent to utility room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen, bath and pool towels are provided. Cleaning and a change of linen and towels is carried out weekly. Extra cleaning facilities available at an additional cost, ie daily maid. Please enquire. Other: Double volume entrance hall with chandeliers. Separate guest toilet. Private swimming pool 9mx4m. Outdoor breakfast/BBQ area seating 10. Teak garden furniture. Sun loungers with cushions. Secure golf club store. Double garage with remote control doors.