Farmhouse in Munxar, Gozo, Malta - Peaceful Location, 2km from Beaches, Capital and Many Restaurants from Simple to 5 Star
A traditional 18th century village farmhouse, fully modernised in 2004. Air conditioning in all bedrooms. 4 bath/shower rooms each with its own individual hot water tank. Sun terrace, private pool, loungers, barbecue. Located in the centre of the village within yards of the main piazza. There are a very large number of food outlets within a 2km radius, ranging from pizza houses to a 5 star restaurant.
Top Traveller Review
Quaint villa with good facilities
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
This was a beautifully presented farmhouse. We had a wonderful time and very comfortable stay. The pool was perfect! We will remember this as one of our top holidays. Well done! (Anne Rogers, USA).
Lovely. The best of the three farmhouses we have stayed in. Gave us exactly what we needed - lots of comfort for us to relax in. Many thanks (Emma and Lee Bradford, Essex, UK).
We can't fault this place! Beautifully restored and equipped. Perfect and peaceful location. Thank you very much for contributing to our wonderful holiday in Gozo (Pam and Ginny Winter, Adelaide, South Australia.)
4 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
Quaint villa with good facilities
On arrival there were a few issues - BBQ was dirty and had no gas, dishwasher unusable, pool light broken, door handles broken. However on contacting the owner the things that could be sorted straight away were sorted. Air conditioning is perfect. The villa pool is small - perfect for cooling off but not really ideal for older children to play/race etc. Villa doesn't get full sun until around 1pm but sun still very strong well past 6pm. Two local shops very well stocked. We travelled around by taxi and bus. I don't think walking into Xlendi or Victoria is an option if travelling with children or during the day as far too hot so therefore nowhere to eat within walking distance. Would advise using earplugs - if the neighbour's dog doesn't wake you up at 5.30 then the church bells will at 6am.
Activity and Interests
The local beach is Xlendi a 5 minute ride away. This was/is a small fishing village with many restaurants. The clear seas are excellent for swimming, snorkeling or scuba diving. Gozo has many qualified dive schools operating in many languages. As the island is only 15km long by 8km across there are many beaches to suit all interest close by. Malta and Gozo were rated the third (3rd) best scuba dive site in the world in 2008 by the USA Scuba Magazine. (1st Moldives; 2nd Egypt; 3rd Malta/Gozo)
The international airport is in Malta, it is a 40 minute drive to the ferry to Gozo, ferry crossing time is 25 minutes and then a 10 minute drive to Munxar. Taxi from and to the airport can be arranged through the local Gozo agents at a very reasonable price. There is a bus stop in the piazza direct to the bus station from where buses run to all points on the island. Car, motor scooter and mountain bikes can be hired from many reliable operators.
Victoria is the capital of Gozo and is approximately in the centre of the island. The cittadella is the prominent feature with museums, craft exhibits and small cafes. There are many places of interest within walking distance of the farmhouse but transport of some kind is recommended in order to get the most out of your visit to the island.
There is a very friendly store in the piazza and a further local store very close. In addition traders come into the piazza every day with fresh produce. There are a very large number of food outlets within a 2 km radius, ranging from pizza houses to 5 star restaurant. The main village festa reaches its climax on the last weekend in May. Gozo is an ideal holiday destination for hikers and mountain bikers as there are many places of interest for them to choose from on a daily basis.
Gozo is also the heart of scuba diving with dives ranging from beginner to specialist dives only for the very experienced. There are many shore based dives as well as boat dives all of which will be readily arranged through any of the many dive schools.
Additional pricing information
Transfer and transport hire cost are paid locally in Gozo.
Changeover days are flexible. Standard check in time is 14:00 and check out is 10:00. Earlier check in or check out may be available if the previous/following guests are not checking in/out on the same day at the scheduled time.
The completed form with a deposit of 20% of the total price is required in order to confirm a booking. Confirmation of your booking will be mailed to you on receipt of your payment. The outstanding balance of the total booking price must be received at least 6 weeks before the arrival date, failing which the booking will be cancelled and the deposit forfeit.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair accessible ...
- En-Suite 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- En-Suite 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-Suite 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En suite bath/shower, wc, hand basin, to Master bedroom. En suite shower, wc, hand basin to Bedroom 2. En suite shower, wc, hand basin to Bedroom 3. Shower, wc, hand basin and large washing machine to living room.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, airconditioned, ceiling fan and safe. Bedroom 2 with 3 single beds, airconditioned and ceiling fan. Bedroom 3 with double bed, day bed, airconditioned and ceiling fan.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Veranda ...
- Notes on accommodation: Dar L-Ingliza (House of the English) is licensed by the Maltese Tourism Authority, Comfort Class. British owners live on the island and are available for any assistance if required. Children are very welcome and well catered for in the farmhouse, but the pool is not fenced off, though our grandchildren have never had any problems. Outside: The entrance, pool and barbecue areas have potted plants as does the upper terrace. There are loungers on both levels with large umberellas on the upper and lower terraces plus small umberellas which may be taken to the beach. There are ample patio chairs and folding chairs. Private swimming pool 4m x 4m, depth 1.12m x 1.43m. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Maid service on day of arrival and then weekly. Pool serviced prior to arrival and then weekly, this may be cleaned twice weekly at no additional cost if so requested by guest. All linen and towels (duvets for winter) included. Baby sitting.