Villa in Cala'n Porter, Menorca, Balearic Islands - Prime Location Within 5 Min Walking Distance To The Centre But Far Enough Away For A Restful Holiday
3 bedroom modern detached private villa with wifi. There is a private pool for the sole use of guests. The villa has a homely atmosphere and is within 5 minutes walk to all the amenities, even though the villa is 5 mins from the centre you can still have a peaceful nights sleep, the villa is situated in a great location. Fans are provided for the bedrooms. The windows in the lounge open fully in order to obtain a nice cool breeze There is parking directly outside if you choose to hire a car. Delightful villa, very comfortable, home from home environment. You will love being able to just come out of the door to the terrace and enjoy the pool. The villa has entry gates for safety of children and your security. Please enquire about prices
About the Owner
Hi. My husband and I live in the UK. We have five children that are grown up now, but they spent all their childhood holidays in Menorca. We now have ten grandchildren and they have followed in their parents footsteps of holidaying in our villa.The reason we have spent so many years holidaying in Menorca is the fact that Calan Porter has a lovely beach, which is very safe for small children, the flight is only one hour fifty minutes and the transfer time is approx 10 min. The Menorcan people love children and they are welcome in all the bars and restaurants and nothing is too much trouble to make you feel welcome. We bought this property and refurbished it throughout to make it feel like a home from home environment and very comfortable.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Great location, lovely villa." Mr and Mrs Ambrose
"Kids enjoyed the pool had trouble getting them out. Will be back next year." Mrs Briggs
"Don't need to leave the villa everything you want is here." Mr and Mrs Pain
We as a family had a fantastic time in this villa. Transfer time from the airport was excellent, restaurants and bars just a short walk away. No need for a car as everything was within easy reach for a great family holiday.
From the Owner
“We bought the property in Calan Porter as it is an ideal base for exploring the island. The resort is very safe and child friendly. The villa is approx 5 mins walking distance from all the amenities, but still in a quiet sheltered spot. The beach is within walking distance and all the restaurants and bars are within easy reach.”
Activity and Interests
The villa is under 5 mins walk from the town and approx 8 mins walking distance to the beach and approx 2 mins by car. All the amenities, shops, restaurants, bars and supermarkets are a few mins walk away. There are many gorgeous beaches to choose from around the island. Calan Porter is in a safe secluded bay which is very safe for children. Crystal clear turquoise water makes it ideal for snorkeling or diving. Two beach bars offering drinks tapas and take away food.
Mahon airport is approx 12km and takes about 10 mins in a taxi. Car hire is not essential but is an advantage to see the lovely Menorcan countryside and the many beaches that it has to offer. Mahon harbour is approx 15 min drive where you will find restaurants and bars. Take a stroll along the harbour to see all the lovely boats that are moored there.
The nearest town is San Clemente where there is a jazz club open to the public every Tuesday. It is very entertaining. A bowling alley has recently opened in Son Bou and is approx 20 mins drive and there are two water parks on the island. One is in Son Bou and the other in Cuitadella approx 35 mins car journey. There is a market in Mahon Tue and Sat. The port of Mahon has many restaurants and bars. Cala Fonts is also very picturesque. Fort Marlborough is steeped in history and worth a visit.
There are many bars and restaurants to choose from in the resort and several offer evening entertainment. There are three supermarkets and they do offer a delivery service. There are car hire agents, a hairdresser, chemists and a bank.
The whole island is child friendly and it is aimed at families, childre are welcome in bars and restaurants.
There is the Calan Porter fiesta normally the second week of September. The whole weekend is like a party. King Neptune arrives on the beach and gives the children presents. You have the horses and carnival parading through the town. There are Spanish dancers to entertain you and all the bars participate with special activities. The end of the Fiesta is celebrated with a fantastic fireworks display. An enjoyable weekend all round.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£50|
We do require a deposit at the time of booking and is non refundable we then send a booking form. The balance is due 6 weeks prior to your holiday. Luggage can be left at the villa if you arrive early, also if you have a late departure. The preferred changover day is Friday, but we can be flexible. April, May, Sep, and Oct. Please enquire for further details.
Changeover day is Friday. The villa can be occupied from 14.00 on the day of arrival and the departure time is 10am. Luggage can be left at the villa if you arrive early or have a late departure. Changeover day can be flexible in May, Sep, Oct.
Notes on prices:
Please enquire about prices
Deposit required to secure booking. Final balance duevsux weeks prior to the holiday date. Please enquirer for prices. Price showing is for April and May
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“This villa is in a good location as it is within walking distance to town but still quiet enough to get a good nights sleep. You can keep cool in this property as the windows in the lounge open back fully in order to overlook the terrace and pool. We have many repeat clients who have enjoyed their stay here.”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- bird watching
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- bay fishing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Two bathrooms. Bathroom one is en suite to the master bedroom with shower, w.c. and hand basin. Bathroom two has a shower cubicle with w.c. and hand basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with double bed. Bedside table and lamps. Fitted wardrobes Bedroom 2 with two single beds. Bedside table and lamp. Fitted wardrobes Bedroom 3 with two single beds. Bedside table and lamp. Fitted wardrobes
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: One double bedroom which is to the rear of the villa. The 2 front bedrooms, which have two single beds in each on them lead out onto the terrace from the patio doors. The villa is child friendly. There is parking directly outside the villa. You will find that there are two gates to enter the villa for child safety and also ensures your privacy. Wifi is installed with tv Cots and highchairs can be arranged. Outside: There is a terrace with a large private pool, sunbeds, patio furniture and a BBQ. There is a small flower bed opposite the villa and a small garden to the back. This pool is larger than the average pool. The pool and terrace are not overlooked and there are tall gates for the safety of children. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are provided. Beach towels are not provided. The property is cleaned for your arrival and the bedding and towels are changed on a weekly basis unless you have a ten day duration. Towels are not to be removed from the property. Other: There is a safe in the villa for your, passports, money etc.