House in Fornalutx, Mallorca, Balearic Islands - Situated In A Peaceful Location, 5 Mins Drive To The Beach And Soller Town
Permanant child safety gates fitted to isolate two bedrooms on first floor/child safety gate and fence between patio and pool / solar cover fitted to pool.
Casa Leah is a traditionally built and beautifully furnished 4 bedroomed house with a large south facing rear terrace incorporating a relaxing private pool. Nestled in a quiet part of what is considered to be the most beautiful village on the whole Island, the house enjoys unobstructed stunning views across the Sierra de tramuntara mountain range and down the valley towards the town of Soller to the rear. The pretty village square with its bars, restaurants and minimarket, overlooked by a church dating back to 1639 is but a minute's walk away. This is a fantastic area for walking/cycling or just relaxing whilst enjoying the marvellous views and local hospitality. The 2 beaches on the newly renovated Port de Soller promenade are just a 10 minute drive or why not take the tram from the town of Soller also offering many fantastic restaurants and bars, bike rental. Mallorca vacation property, Fornalutx vacation property, boat rental and transportation to the rest of the island.
About the Owner
My name is Lisa i am 36 years old i have been going to Mallorca every year since i was 10 years old as my parents bought a place in the Port de Soller 5 min drive away from Fornalutx, since meeting my husband i have travelled to different places and although we have always enjoyed any holiday we always say, its not as beautiful as Fornalutx Soller Port de Soller.. and one day we decided to buy and have never looked back, its so nice the people are friendly, where ever you look the views are outstanding and its not crowded. The house is situated a minits walk from the little Plaza where you will find all the lovely shops, bars and restaurants. We have 3 children who have got the most wonderful memories of holidays in mallorca. I am a science teacher and have a property potfolio
Guestbook comments from the owner
“Very nice house in the most beautiful little village”
5 of 5 starsReviewed June 16, 2014
We booked the house to use as a base for walking in the Tramuntana Mountains and it was perfect for this. Fornalutx itself is so pretty with lovely coffee shops, bakery and some simple restaurants with good food at very modest prices. The house is just a short stroll to the main square and the bus stop is virtually on your doorstep which is handy if you wish to head to Soller etc. The house is very spacious and well equipped and Pedro the house manager very helpful. Our taxi had difficulty finding the house late at night but luckily Pedro answered the 'phone at almost 1am and talked him through it. There is a very nice pool which we didn't use as we spent so much time out and about! I've been to Deia a few times before but I much prefer this village - much prettier and feels like the real Mallorca. The only advantage the latter would have would be more fine dining restaurants. All in all, if you are looking for a good house, in a great location in the most wonderful village then you will like it. Excellent value for money in rental terms considering the cost of buying property in this area!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
"What a fantastic place !!! the house is superb, the views are to die for... the house keeper is very helpful" Steve London June 2008.
"Thank you so much for a wonderful holiday, everything was as you said!! have booked for next year" Adam South Yorkshire sept 2008.
"Had a great time, house lovely, spotless, incredable views, thanks for the extra high chair you sorted out for us, kids loved it, what a friendly place" Sue Nottingham Oct 2008
"The house was simply spotless when we arrived and the views as outstanding as described. We will be back! " Brian,Linda,John and Debs Easter 2011
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Ideally situated for walkers and hikers and of course this area is a surefire favorite of cyclists. Cycle hire is available locally in the port and in Soller town offering basic through to highly specified specialist cycles which can be securely stored in the locked garden at the rear of the property. There are also many cycle clubs based in Soller town just a few minutes down the road.
There is also near by tennis courts available.
The Port of Soller with it's two recently upgraded beaches and pedestrianised promenade is a short 10 minute drive from Fornalutx.
A fun way to get there is to saunter the 3Km into Soller town and take the historic tram which runs through the centre of the town and along the promenade at the Port de soller terminating at the marina.
There are 2 beaches and fantastic range of restaurants, bars and shops. Also car, bike, kayak and boat rental. Water skiing is available in the port.
Palma International Airport (airport code PMI) is the closest, offering excellent connections at reasonable prices to most regions, Journey time is around 30 minutes by car using the tunnel de soller (5 euros). If you are not in a rush and enjoy driving, Neil highly recommends taking the origional winding roads over the mountains which offer breathtaking views all the way back to Palma whilst enjoying refreshments at the summit cafe/bar.
You can now park in the adjacent car park for FREE!!
Soller 4km. Deia 15km. Palma 30km.
Fornalutx has 3 bars, 4 restaurants, 2 banks, a very well stocked minimarket and a Catholic church.
All other amenities are available in Soller. The beach and harbour is 10 mins away at Port of Soller with many restaurants and bars. There are all kinds of boat rentals available in the Port.
The best trails and hiking in Mallorca.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 15 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add £8 per night, per additional guest|
Christmas / New Year 2016
16 Dec 2016 - 2 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add £10 per night, per additional guest|
New Year 2017
4 Jan 2017 - 21 Feb 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Cleaning & Laundry||£100|
50% deposit required on booking. This will be forfeited if the booking is cancelled within 6 weeks of the rental date. Outside this period half will be refunded. The balance is payable 6 weeks before arrival or by arrangement.
Preferred Changeover Day is Thursday/Friday although this can be flexible.
The Property should be vacated by 11.00 a.m on departure day
Arrivals from 4.00 p.m.
The above is flexible on application but may incur additional charges.
Air conditioning is available and payable locally @ 50 Euros/week
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Ground floor toilet with wash hand basin 1st floor house bathroom 2nd floor house bathroom House bathrooms comprise 3/4 tiled with WC, wash hand basin, Bath with shower over and shower screen, Bidet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot, First Floor, Mountain View
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, First floor village view
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, Second floor Mountain view
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, Second floor village view
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 First floor rear with double bed and travel cot. Bedroom 2 First floor front with two single beds Bedroom 3 2nd floor rear with double bed Bedroom 4 2nd floor front with two single beds All bedrooms have built in wardrobes/luggage storage
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: We truly want your visit to Fornalutx to be memorable and will endeavour to make your stay at Casa Leah enjoyable as possible. So please let us know if you have any special requirements e.g. cots, high chairs, videos, DVDs, bikes, local info etc... Outside: To the front of the property is a small walled courtyard with patio table and four chairs, utility room and outside tap with hose for washing down. with access through into the kitchen. To the rear of the property, accessed from the lounge or rear gate, is a long rear terrace containing a raised patio with table and seating for six and 2 sun loungers. Two steps lead down to a paved area with a further sun lounger, A child safety gate in the fence leads through to the private pool area (unheated), with additional sun lounger and small table with two further chairs overlooking the orange groves beyond. The rear garden is well screened and offers a secluded spot to enjoy a dip in the pool or a lovely glass of Vino Tinto on a balmy Majorcean evening. Utility Room: To the front courtyard with a Washing machine and utility sink and drainer with hot and cold water. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linens and towels are included. Cleaning/laundry is on a weekly basis charged at 30 euros per head and is paid in locally to the property manager on arrival or 1st visit. Air-conditioning is available as extra charge @ 50 euros per week. Other: The Roof terrace atop the property offers an outstanding opportunity to take in the magnificent views on offer whilst enjoying your morning coffee and freshly squeezed orange Juice as the sun rises through the mountains.