Country Cottages in Pontevedra, Galicia, Spain - Peaceful Location, 30 Minutes From Unspoilt Beaches And Medieval Towns
Casa Do Curraliño is a lovingly restored 300 year old stone farmhouse situated in the middle of a beautiful, peaceful valley in the province of Pontevedra. It comprises two adjoining cottages, and is surrounded by an acre and a half of mixed meadow and woodland, with plenty of sunny and shady areas, and room to kick a football or throw a frisbee. Both cottages have private terraces and gardens. An oak and chestnut forest lies below the property, divided by a small fast flowing river, ideal for a cooling dip on hot summer days. Both cottages have shaded outside areas and gardens, and access to the rest of the property.
Details for holiday cottage Casita del Norte (2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4/5), 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, 1 Bathroom
Casita del Norte has two bedrooms.
The east bedroom has a double bed with views across the valley to the chapel of Los Milagros de Amil.
The west can be made up with three single beds or a double and a single bed, with views of a bamboo grove and vineyards.
Downstairs are the kitchen, lounge and bathroom.
The bathroom has a bath and powerful shower.
The lounge is comfortable, with seating for 6, TV/DVD, and a wood-burning stove for winter visitors. Outside the front door is a stone table and benches, perfect for catching the last of the evening sun.
The kitchen has an electric oven and hob, fridge freezer, washing machine, and wooden table seating 6.
The kitchen leads through two French doors onto the patio, where a wooden table seats six and there is plenty of room for the sunloungers.
The house has underfloor heating.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The beautiful beaches of the Rias Baixas are within half an hour´s drive of O Curraliño. A range of beaches line the Rias and Atlantic coast, varying from protected coves to ocean-facing surf beaches. An hour´s drive takes one to the wild and undiscovered Costa da Morte, and Fisterra, the end of the Earth.
Santiago de Compostela International Airport is 55 minutes from O Curralino, La Coruna Airport is 90 minutes away, and Porto (Portugal) about 2 hours.
Ryanair flies to Santiago de Compostela from London Stanstead
Ryanair flies to Porto from London Stansted
Vueling flies to La Coruna from London Heathrow.
TAP (Air Portugal) flies to Porto from London Gatwick and London Heathrow.
Easyjet flies from London Gatwick to Santiago de Compostela and Porto (Portugal).
Pontevedra, a beautiful example of a working medieval town is 25 minutes drive to the south, while Santiago with its cathedral and atmospheric granite streets lies 45 minutes to the north. Closer to home are natural swimming pools in local rivers, prehistoric rock carvings, waterfalls, miles of walking and mountainbiking trails, and plenty of bars serving local wines and tapas.
Moraña, the local town, 7km drive, has everything you need - good supermarkets, bars, banks etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 30 Apr 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£84|
25% of the cost of rental (non-refundable) is required at the time of booking, with the remaining 75% plus a refundable 100 euros damages deposit payable one month before arrival.
High season rates apply at Christmas, New Year and Easter.
Arrival/departure dates are flexible.
Departure time negotiable.
Notes on prices:
NOTE: HIGH SEASON ALSO INCLUDES DECEMBER 20TH UNTIL JANUARY 7TH AND THE WEEK BEFORE AND AFTER GOOD FRIDAY.
We require a non-refundable 25% deposit to secure the booking, with the remainder payable one month before your stay.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Both cottages are centrally heated: Casita del Norte with underfloor heating, and Casita del Sur with wall-mounted radiators. Sheets and bath towels are included. Cots and high chairs are available for children. Both cottages have WIFI Outside: Both cottages have terraces, gardens, outdoor furniture, and barbecues.