Penthouse apartment in Isla Canela, Costa de la Luz, Spain - Peaceful Location only 100m From Beach
This distinctive penthouse apartment by the beach, is one of only 4 in this small development of 88 properties. It is well-suited to almost any kind of holiday. The glorious, uncrowded beaches are perfect for families, and the area is very safe for bathing. Its peaceful and idyllic location complete with stunning beaches make it a perfect hideaway, just the spot to float away all the cares of the world. Golfers have access to the 18 hole, par 72 Isla Canela course about 5 minutes' drive away, while the courses of Huelva and the Eastern Algarve are less than hour away. At the same time its proximity to cultural hotspots like Seville make it an ideal centre for touring and sight seeing, and the vast sandy beaches are fantastic for kids as well as sunbathers. Book a jeep safari in the marina to take you through the nearby Donana National Park, or a boat ride up the Guadiana. The apartment has good sized living space, stunning sea views, and the large terrace has BBQ and jacuzzi. Free Wifi
Top Traveller Review
Superior relaxing apartment with stunning views
About the Owner
Hello. I'm Pauline and I currently live in Essex with my partner.
We have owned the apartment in Isla Canela for about 8 years, and absolutely love the place, as I'm sure you will too.
We regard our tenants as guests, even though, sadly, we never meet them, and have done our best to include everything you might need to ensure your holiday is stress-free.
Recent additions have been a small garden on the terrace with a lemon tree, and free wifi. We also now have a log-burning stove for those evenings when it gets a bit cooler.
There has been a lot of concern recently regarding scams. If you are unsure, then check me out on Linkedin, Facebook, my own websites and various other sites, sometimes with my pen-name Paula K. Randall
Guestbook comments from the owner
“This stunning apartment is so spacious and very well equipped. I have never stayed in self catering accommodation which has everything to hand that I have at home. The pool was not open at the time of our stay (out of season) but the enormous terrace and the jacuzzi more than made up for that. We really didn't need to leave the property, as everything was there for us, including a BBQ, hotplate, outside dining table and chairs, loungers and even kids toys. And one last thing......the view is to die for. We will definitely be returning.”
Natalie, May 2011
"We've stayed in many places calling themselves luxury but trust me, this is the only one deserving of the name. Idyllic area, idyllic apartment. This was our Golden Wedding treat and it couldn't have been better. Don't come if you want nightclubs, noise and Brits abroad. Come if you want to walk, cycle, swim, lie on the beach or enjoy a late meal in the fabulous fish restaurants."
Pat and Ted, Truro, May 2012.
2 holidaymaker reviews
Superior relaxing apartment with stunning views
We first came here in 2009 and this is our 5th time now - its been about 3 years (2013) since we were here, but we have missed it and it makes you appreciate it even more - Fantastic relaxing holiday, fab penthouse with fab views, Anne & Fred (Scotland)
Fantastic apartment, great beach, brilliant place.
This apartment is situated in a gated community so is very safe and secure. The exterior, including the pool and garden areas, are well-maintained and tended to on a daily basis. Inside, the apartment is light and spacious and very well-equipped. The master bedroom having a king size bed is a huge bonus, as is the air-conditioning in each room. The real luxury of this apartment though is the terrace. It is so large, overlooks the pool and the beach and is just fantastic to come back to after a few hours down at the pool or beach. When we stayed in July, the temperatures were in the 30's, and being able to come up to the terrace and enjoy the sea breeze during the hot afternoons was a real pleasure. As was eating breakfast and lunch outside. The children could come back and watch a DVD, or play games to keep out of the hot sun but we could still enjoy it. We enjoyed eating out in local restaurants as well as having a BBQ on the terrace. The Jacuzzi was great fun too. A short walk away is the fantastic sandy beach, which the children loved. All in all, a great place to stay. There is really nothing negative I can say about this place, we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday there and would definitely go again. The owner, Pauline, was helpful and friendly and responded quickly to all queries. Highly recommended!
From the Owner
“We love the area for its peacefulness and it's wide, golden sandy beaches. Although you're within easy walking distance of bars and restaurants (and a couple of supermarkets) the actual location of the penthouse is very quiet. It's lovely having such a large terrace, and the almost 360 degree views from it take one's breath away. As well as the immediate area there is also a lovely fishing village with great bars and restaurants about fifteen minutes' walk away, and the nearby town of Ayamonte has a large selection of boutique type shops and good restaurants.”
Activity and Interests
The apartment is set back very slightly from the beach behind a small formal park, but it is still within strolling distance of 2 or 3 minutes. In Isla Canela there are 7km of wide golden beaches, considered to be amongst the 6 best in Spain, with plenty of room to claim for yourself. The area is safe for bathing due to a long sloping shelf, and despite the Atlantic rollers, the sea stays fairly warm right through till late October. There are both showers and beach bars on the beach.
The nearest airport is Faro in Portugal (45km). Seville, often with cheaper flights, is 90km. Both airports offer a good, straight run to Isla Canela. Car hire is recommended to get the best out of the surrounding area, and links to economical hire firms can be provided on booking. However, there is also a good bus service running from Isla Canela to the little nearby town of Ayamonte, where it is possible to get buses to Seville, Huelva etc. and in the Marina area you can book a range of tours.
Isla canela is about 5 km from Ayamonte, a pretty Andalucian town with pretty, palm-fringed squares, cobbled streets and good restaurants. Seville is 90km away, and the Coto Donana just under an hour. Be sure to visit the famous town of El Rocio on the margin of the Coto Donana, and have lunch by the lake and watch the flamingos. Or take the Columbus trail to Huelva, or a boat ride up the Guadiana river. Take the ferry to Portugal and visit the little Algarve villages dotted around the coast.
There is a wide range of bars, restaurants and shops about a 15 minute stroll from the apartment in the pretty marina area. Also within walking distance is the little fishing village of Punta del Moral, with it's quaint streets and excellent fish restaurants, and a 25 minute walk in the opposite direction takes you to Playa Canela with additional bars and restaurants. The attractive marina houses the local commercial centre, and as well as bars and restaurants there are two small supermarkets and a range of gift and beachware shops. This is not a highly developed area, but an exclusive resort, which is a significant part of its charm. Larger supermarkets, banks and shops can be found in Ayamonte, 5km away. From the Marina area you can book guided tours to Seville, jeep tours through the Donana National Park to see wildlife, or the ferry to Isla Cristina. There are some great waterparks around, and on the road to Seville is the Isla Magica amusement park. This has a 16th century Spanish colonial theme, with two roller coasters and the Iguazu, a ride set in an Amazon jungle waterfall. From Ayamonte you can take the 10 minute ferry to Vila Real de Santo Antonio, a bustling Portuguese market town, to search for bargains in linen and crockery, or stroll along the lovely promenade with its fountains and green areas and have lunch in one of the waterfront restaurants. The area is excellent for cycling, and it is possible to hire bikes from Bicilandia on the way to the Marina.. It is also great for bird-watching. South Western Spain contains Europe’s biggest wetland areas, with colonies of flamingos, spoonbills, egrets, ibis and storks, many of which can be seen on the natural lake to the rear of the terrace at certain times of the year, though spring is always the best time of the year to see birds. This is the time that many birds are over-wintering. In February-March the grass verges on the road between Ayamonte and Isla Canela can be dotted with flocks of beautiful white egrets.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
10 Jun 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
3 Sep 2017 - 7 Oct 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
A booking form can be provided, together with the rental contract. We require 25% of the total when booking to reserve the apartment. The remainder of the total is payable in full 8 weeks before your holiday begins, together with £150 returnable security deposit. Should major breakages occur, or there is an excessive use of services (eg electricity, exceptional cleaning) then a portion may be retained.
We are aware that the cheapest flights can sometimes be mid-week, and so where possible we will be flexible about days for arrival and departure. Normally the apartment will be available from 3pm on the day of arrival until 12noon on the day of departure.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Until you've stayed in a penthouse it's hard to explain how much more you'll get. Basically, most rooms are bigger than in the standard apartments, and every room has an opening window with views of some sort. The feeling of space and light is wonderful. The property is laid out for convenience, and instead of cluttering up the sitting-room with a dining table and chairs we have built on an extra dining-room by glazing in part of the terrace. These 'glass curtains' all fold back if you want to eat outside, but open or closed this room affords good views of the beach and sea.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath/shower over, bidet and WC. Family bathroom with bath, shower/over, bidet and WC. Opening windows in both bathrooms. Large mirror, shaving points, make-up lights and vanity units in both.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king sized bed and en suite. Access to terrace. Bedroom 2 with double bed and spectacular river views. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Access to terrace.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The rooms are comfortably furnished, with two large sofas and a range of small tables and lamps in the lounge. Each bedroom has large built-in wardrobes, with drawers inside. There is a good range of books and DVDs, free WIFI and an i-pod docking station. All rooms have air-conditioning and/or central heating. The apartment is suitable for children, and there are lifts to the apartment making it accessible to people with reduced mobility. If a high chair is needed, please contact me in advance. The apartment is strictly non-smoking, and we regret that is is not suitable for pets. The terrace is extremely large and has additional dining areas, either in the sun or shade, whichever you prefer. As well as sunbeds there are also some lightweight folding chairs which you can take to the beach, and in the large box in the terrace cupboard there are bats, balls, tennis raquets and a beach umbrella. There is a BBQ on the terrace as well as an electric hotplate which can be used outside. Outside: There is a very large terrace of over 200sq.m, complete with both covered and open areas and a range of raised flower beds. One bed even incorporates a lemon tree! On the terrace is a BBQ and jacuzzi, and a good range of terrace furniture. The development has 2 shared pools including one for children, and 2 paddle tennis courts. The apartments are also surrounded by pretty gardens, and immediately in front of the development is a small formal park leading to the beach. It is approximately 100m to the beach. Please note that, due to Spanish law which states that a lifeguard must be in attendance at pools over a certain size, the pool is only available from June to mid-September. However the hotel next door has a lovely pool, and they are quite relaxed about people using it as long as you buy a drink. The hotels also offer evening entertainment which is available to non-residents. There is a BBQ on the terrace or you may prefer to use the electric plancha which is quicker and cleaner. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron, ironing board, vaccuum cleaner. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels, excluding beach towels, are included and changed weekly. The apartment is cleaned at the beginning and end of your stay. Should you require a midweek clean and/or change of towels, this can be arranged for a small additional fee. Other: This lovely beach apartment in Isla Canela is carefully furnished to be our second home, hence great attention to detail to make your stay enjoyable. Recently we have added a garden in the form of several raised beds and including a lemon tree.