Villa in Dalyan, Turkey - An Excellent Base to Visit the Regions many Attractions
Dalyan is a perfect holiday destination for young and old. Offering history, culture, wildlife, stunning scenery and deserted beaches and coves. An excellent base to explore the regions many attractions. Pamuk Tarlasi ('Cotton Fields') is a beautiful villa situated in its own grounds, surrounded by a cotton field yet less than 10 minutes walk from the village centre. Inside it has a number of unique features including a balcony, with views of mountains and the pools, and an ornate wood ceiling which is typical of local craft-work. The swimming pool and adjoining paddling pool, as well as the usual patio and sun-beds has a pool-side bar complete with sound system This beautiful, secluded, detached villa is situated in 1000 square metres of private gardens, has poolside bar with sound system, fridge/freezer, outdoor shower and barbecue, 8 sun beds complete with padded cushions and umbrella shades.
About the Owner
On valentines day 2002, skiing in Beavercreek, Colorado, Amanda asked me to marry her. My suggestion that, as we had only been together for 7 years, perhaps we shouldn't rush into this. was received by such a glare that I accepted and the following year, on skis, Peak 7, Breckenridge, we were married. Our friends and witnesses had just bought in Turkey and, as a wedding present, offered us a holiday in their villa. That's when our relationship with Dalyan began. Amanda still works in a school in Darlington, County Durham and I spend my time looking after the few properties I have in Sunderland. We seem to spend most weekends up at our caravan in Northumberland but even now, many years later, we never get tired of Dalyan and are always excitedly preparing for our next holiday there.
From the Owner
“When buying a house to let in the UK you do not look at the colour of the door but at the rental potential. The proximity to a hospital, university. So, Dalyan has something for everyone. It's not just the wall to wall sunshine of summer months, it has a huge lake with mud baths, a 7K beach of golden sand preserved as a breeding ground for the loggerhead turtle, the much photographed rock tombs and an ancient city called Kaunos. Because Dalyan was declared a world Wildlife Heritage Centre no building is now allowed over 2 stories high. So no hi-rise apartment blocks or large hotel complexes and this has helped retain more of a village feel. Add to that the wonderful bars and restaurants, very friendly people and you have a terrific holiday combination.”
Activity and Interests
Amanda and I spent a week in Tenerife where many Britons opt to buy holiday homes, we said that we would never go back there. We thought Turkey was going to be the same. It was not to be, and perhaps the only similarity is the vast amount of guaranteed sunshine you get each year. Dalyan was a dream. Yes, an abundance of sunshine, but not a dry, arid place, no beaches spoiled by lots of volcanic rock but green and lush, 5 km of golden sand preserved for the protection of the Logger head turtles.
Dalaman Airport can now be accessed from most UK airports and transfer time to the villa takes 25 minutes. Transfers can easily be arranged in a minibus from our service people. We tend not to hire a car but for the odd occasion. The walk into town is easy and we do prefer our bicycles. (More can be easily hired in the town) taxis are cheap and the boat journeys are great fun.
The ancient city of Caunos (3,000 yrs BC) is a 15 minute walk away from Dalyan and has only recently begun to be excavated. A plethora of excellent river-side restaurants often provide views of the famous Lycian rock tombs, a fabulous setting for an evening meal. They are an inspiration to all who see them. There are other more energetic activities such as white water rafting, canoeing, scuba and snorkel diving, horse riding. A journey to the lake with the local boatmen, a swim to cool off or a trip to the hot springs and mud baths. (Sting, Dustin Hoffman and David Bellamy have enjoyed this muddy experience). The Beach. Is rated by some as one of the top ten beaches of the world. Iztuzu Beach, 7km of golden sand, fresh water swimming or salt water swimming You Choose! The return boat journey to the beach costs 8ytl (about £2.50) and meanders through the beautiful reed beds.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Pamuk Tarlasi is only a 12 minute walk to the town centre with its many bars and restaurants. It is situated in a quiet area of town with mature gardens that provide privacy to this uniquely designed villa. The bedrooms are large and, although we do spend some happy winters there, we feel that the main summer living area is outside. Thus our picture sitting at a table in the bar area. Behind the camera is a sink and fridge, bar optics for the important duty frees and an iPod/CD player. To the right of us is the BBQ.”
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- All are en-suite shower rooms, which include toilets and wash basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 4 rooms; 2 twins; two kings plus a sofa bed for those extra guests. Plenty of wardrobe space and also mirrors and small dressing table in each bedroom. There is also a sofa bed upstairs in the balcony lounge for those extra guests.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: It is possible to arrange for a cot and high chair if required. The telephone is a mobile and connected to a local network. Numbers such as restaurants, taxis, services and emergency numbers are stored therein. Outside: As the main time for occupancy is the May to October we always tend to eat outside where it is comfortable and pleasant and the seating area is next to the bar and BBQ. The large swimming pool and adjoining children's paddling pool can easily be monitored from this area. The fridge at the poolside bar is a great convenience for sunbathing refreshments or storing the salad ready for the BBQ. Utility Room: 2 washing machines, and 2 mountain bikes. There is also a safe in the villa. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are provided and the cleaners will prepare the villa for your arrival. If you require a maid service during your stay this can be arranged.