Villa near Moncarapacho and Quelfes in the Eastern Algarve, Portugal. Very Quiet and Rural Area at End of Dirt Track, yet at only 5km from Town and Lagoon.
Villa 'Mãe Home' is situated 5km North of the Fisherman’s Town Olhão at the end of a dirt track of 500m. The villa has large steps up to a covered terrace with built-in seating and a picnic table, an absolutely delightful place in the heat of the summer. The kitchen has an electric hob/oven and fridge + more. Spacious lounge-dining room with a fireplace for the cooler winter evenings, patio doors to a large south facing, part covered terrace with more seating. On the ground floor is a shower room and 2 bedrooms, one with a double bed, the other with 2 single beds. In and outdoor stairs to the 1st floor with the master bedroom (2 extra long single beds), en-suite shower room and patio doors to a large part covered roof terrace with country and sea views. Terrace under a Carob tree by the fabulous 10x5m free form pool with a shallow and deep end and a large cobblestone sun terrace surrounded by garden. Quiet yet not isolated location in the countryside, ideal escape!
About the Owner
Hi there, my name is Kaja Decoz, I am Dutch and have lived and worked in the Algarve since 1982. This is my home, I love the Portuguese people, the mild climate, the sun and beaches, just divine! Mãe Home was built for the purpose of becoming a comfortable family holiday home. I invite you to share this lovely place and look forward to welcome you for a relaxing holiday in the Algarve and enjoy this beautiful country as I do.
Guestbook comments from the owner
A beautiful villa, lots of terraces for sunshine and shade. Tastefully decorated. Good value for money. Fabulous pool! Such a lovely quiet area. Perfect escape.
From the Owner
“Because it is private, at the end of a dirt track, NO passing traffic. There are various terraces with seating around the villa to eat 'al-fresco', to sit and relax, read or just 'chill'. There are hammocks to laze, there is fast WIFI. And Mãe Home is just a beautiful place. For reviews check ZOOVER”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We provide several extra services, such as, pick-up service from the airport, catering of fresh and frozen foods, bike rental.
Ca. 15 min. drive to Fuzeta with a beach in the lagoon (ideal for young children), beach bars and the town with lots of restaurants and shops at walking distance. Short trip with a ferry boat to the sandy beach islands with a bar, NO traffic on the islands. Our favorite! Olhão at 5km has regular ferries to 3 large beach islands with lagoon & Ocean beaches. Day trips to the cliff beaches are within easy reach through the motorway.
The nearest airport is Faro, at approx. 30 min. drive. Car hire is recommended ask for our price list through a recommended company.
Olhão with various large supermarkets, famous 'fish and vegetable' hall, lots of good restaurants on the waterfront, ferries to the sandy island beaches at only 5km. Faro with large shopping mall (open 7 days a week till 24.00) and 9 cinema's, old town center, museums, at 17km. Faro airport at 20km. Fuseta with lovely beach in the lagoon (ideal for young children) and ferries to the sandy beach island at 12km. A real treat to go to the beach for the day, have a BBQed fish and beer in the sunset!
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£210|
For bookings more than 2 months in advance of arrival, a 25% non-refundable deposit is payable on booking with the balance of 75% due 1 month before arrival. For bookings less than 2 months before arrival, full payment is required on booking.
A deposit of 250 Euros is required when the balance is paid or for bookings less than 2 months before arrival together with the full payment. This deposit will be returned if the villa was left in good and clean condition.
Changeover day is flexible, but should fit well with our existing bookings. If the new guests arrive on the same day the others leave the villa has to be vacated at 10.00. Villa avaliable from 15.00.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros. Long winter lets: for 1 month or more 800€ per month + water, gas, electricity & internet + TV and end cleaning. Please enquire by e-mail for more information! Up to half price per week for 4 weeks!
To book the villa a deposit of 25% of the total rent is required. Bank details will be provided on reservation.
Remainder + 250€ breakage deposit to be transferred 1 month prior to arrival in the villa.
Breakage deposit will be returned within 1 week after leaving the villa in good and clean condition.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 (downstairs) with shower, wash basin, bidet and WC and washing machine. Bathroom 2 (upstairs) with a walkin shower, wash basin and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with XL double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds, the washing machine, wardrobes and door to a covered terrace with seating. Bedroom 3 on 1st floor with XL twin beds, en-suite shower room, doors to covered roofterrace with lovely sea and hill views!
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Great place for children because there is no traffic. The 5 x 10m free form pool has a shallow end for the young ones. There are fans for cooling in all the rooms. The villa is well insulated and reasonably cool. In the winter the fireplace heats the lounge/dining room and 1 bedroom, the other rooms have electric radiators. Outside: 'Mãe Home' sits in 2.000m² of private land with garden, Olive, Almond and Carob trees. There is a fabulous 5 x 10m free form pool with a shallow and deep end and large cobblestone sun terrace. Part covered roof terrace with great views, terrace with shade provided by the Carob tree by the pool, covered terrace by the kitchen, covered pergola on the South terrace, seating, picnic tables and sun loungers everywhere. BBQ avaliable. Lovely country and sea views. Very tranquil and rural area good for those who like to go walking. The perfect escape! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed, bath and kitchen linen available. Bookings for 2 weeks and over have a once a week bedlinen change and small cleaning included if so desired. End cleaning included in the rental price. Please bring own beach towels! Extra maid service avaliable.