Large House near Le Pizou , Dordogne, Acquitaine, France - Luxury House Near The River L'isle, 30 Mins From St. Emillion
Set in the middle of a large mature garden approximately 1.5 acres and south facing. A sweeping drive takes you up to the house where a covered veranda stretches around three sides and leads you to the large rear garden, with its spacious patio barbacue area and the 10x5m swimming pool with roman steps. A secluded lawn area and an abundance of fruit trees complete the ideal base for you and your family to explore the area or do nothing except watch the sun go down and enjoy the produce, from the local markets. The extremely flexible accommodation is suitable for parties of all sizes. For 1 or 2 couples it is ideal, offering the ground floor and all the facilities-the upstairs rooms will be closed off and unoccupied .for larger parties the full accommodation will be available plus all the facilities. The prices quoted are for the whole house.
TO BOOK YOUR PERFECT HOLIDAY AT LE PETIT PARADISE CLICK ON "ENQUIRE NOW"TO MAKE DIRECT CONTACT WITH US AND WE WILL CHARGE YOU THE ADVERTISED PRICE WITH NO HIDDEN EXTRAS
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
My wife and I live in Salisbury England, my wife is retired and so has our cat, I am a consultant in the leisure industry. Early in my career I traveled all over the world as a hotel manager for Cunard Line I also spent a number of years as a consultant organising concerts and events at historic houses and we have also owned our own hotel.
Guestbook comments from the owner
A perfect home for a perfect holiday.
Wonderful holiday, we planned to do so much, but sat and watched the birds, the time slipped by too quickly, we will do everything else when we return.
Your house lived up to all we expected and more. But you need to leave instructions on an easy way of getting the kids out of the pool.
Dear Ron and Doreen
Thank you so much for the wine.
When we arrived at your beautiful house,
we couldn't quite believe our eyes. The photos, although
making it look lovely, do not do it justice. It is definitely le petit Paradis!
We are so enjoying being here and being part of this fab house.
We didn't move from the garden and pool yesterday but
Today we have been to st Emilion and indeed had lunch in the square!
It is so nice to be somewhere so lovely and so well equipped.
We have been confirmed Euro campers for years
and this is our first time ever in a house. Don't think I will ever go back to campsites now!
I hope your return to Wiltshire went smoothly - I hear our weather is still good - this must be such a difficult place to leave.
Well we made it back home after an exceptional two weeks in France. We just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for helping to make this such an enjoyable holiday. We loved the house and location and every amenity and convenience possible was available. I think our daughters set some new records for the amount of time a person can spend in a swimming pool. You have a beautiful home and we thank you for giving us the loan of it for the past two weeks.
Breda and Martin
2 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely clean well equipped home.
Beautifully kept and well equipped property. This was ideal for a fun relaxing holiday. My three kids loved the pool, my husband loved the library, parents loved the dappled shade from the trees and I loved it all. Only home a few days and missing it already. Lots to see in the nearby area, Peregeux, Bergerac and St Emillion.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and everything was perfect from the time we placed our booking to the time we left after a relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable fortnight. In some ways it is like a home from home except it has the added bonus of a swimming pool, better weather and access to beautiful countryside and local food. We hope to return next year to explore more of the area and to stay in this wonderful house again.
From the Owner
“Having travelled extensively we wanted sun, good food and wine, a home large enough to entertain in, but most importantly we wanted peace and quite, somewhere to relax and unwind surrounded by beautiful countryside and our home ticked all the boxes. We have superb restaurants, there are markets every day of the week in one local town or another selling wonderful seasonal produce, an artisan bread and cake shop is just up the road which does not help the waist line but it does so make you feel good! The only downside to all this is that sometimes we become so relaxed that it becomes a chore to go shopping. The feedback from guests has done nothing but reinforce our choice of location and home.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beaches are on the Atlantic coast ,all around 2 hours drive away
most visitors to the Dordogne find the local river and lake facilities are just as good . Lac du gurson (10 mins by car ) has , boating . riding , tennis ,crazy golf ,an assault course and several bars and restaurants , canoeing can be found below the bridge in montpon .
Bergerac Airport 45 minutes.
Bordeaux Airport 1 hour.
Le Harve approximately 6.5 hours.
St. Malo approximately 5.5 hours.
Caen approximately 6 hours.
If you intend travelling with Brittany Ferries contact us first as we are in their property owners club and can get you a discount
Montpon -10 minutes. Villefranche de Lonchat -10 minutes. St. Emillion - 30 minutes. Pomerol- 30 minutes. Ste Foy de la Grande - 20 minutes.
Carp Fishing including rod/tackle is available locally. Canoeing is available on the river Lisle at Montpon. Lac De Gurson is a natural lake set in the vineyards approximately 10 minutes drive, the lake has a beach area, bars and restaurants and lots of activities for children. Lunch in the square at St. Emillion is a must. We are surrounded by excellent restaurants, too numerous to mention - we keep a log at the house of the ones we and our guests recommend. Montpon has a full range of shops (Intermarche ,Lidl, Netto), banks, post office and doctors together with a Wednesday market. St.Seurin Sur l'isle has a Sunday morning market together with a Superu and Aldi. For wine buffs, head for Villefranche de Lonchat, take the Rue des vins and follow your nose.
Our english caretakers will greet you on arrival, settle you in and answer any questions you may have. They will then leave you to relax and enjoy, only disturbing you once a week to clean the pool and cut the grass.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
14 Apr 2017 - 7 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
8 Jul 2017 - 25 Aug 2017
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
26 Aug 2017 - 7 Oct 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
A deposit of 20% is required with the balance payable 8 weeks prior to your holiday. Please contact us by email so that we may send you a booking form.AN ADDITIONAL CLEANING FEE IS PAYABLE IF YOU WISH TO BRING PETS
Changeover day is normally Saturday arriving after 3pm departing before 10.30am in July and August. Flexible in other months.
Notes on prices:
the prices quoted in the pricing information is for the whole house (up to 8 people) . For smaller parties (2-4 persons )who only use the ground floor but still have sole use we offer discounts all year except july and august
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We have equipped our home with everything we feel that our visitors would want to make a perfect base an expat friend once said after dinner one evening that our house was a home and not a holiday let. We took that as a great compliment. All thanks to my wife who is in charge of furnishings and colour schemes, I just do the work. Another guest told our caretakers that I must be a chef because of all the gadgets and equipment in the kichen (I'm not!) We simply work on the basis that if we would want it so would our guests.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair accessible ...
- winery tours
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bath (no shower)
- Spacious ground floor bathroom with overhead shower, washhand basin and bidet. Seperate WC. Large first floor bathroom with walk in shower and wash hand basin. Seperate WC.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps2 -8+ cot ( 2-4 Bedrooms ) Notes on bedrooms: All bedrooms overlook the pool. Ground floor master bedroom with queen size bed, built in wardrobes, patio doors to veranda. Ground floor twin room with patio doors to veranda. First floor king size bedroom. First floor twin room.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Veranda ...
- 4 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: The prices quoted are for the whole house 8-plus cot . Substancial discounts are available for smaller parties where the ground floor only is being occupied these discounts do not apply in high season (July and August ) le petit paradis is perfect for families with young children as the veranda and living rooms look directly over the pool, which is equipped with an alarm. We have tried to equip the house as a home from home and have included everything we feel, will make your holiday perfect. There are hairdryers in every bedroom, and there are two trouser presses for your convenience. We also have 4 bicycles for our guests to use. Outside: The house is surrounded by approx. 1.5 acres of mature gardens. The front of the house is bordered by paths and with a driveway from the road and is set with large conifers and maple trees, where there is plenty of car parking space. The veranda which is equipped with a dining table and chairs and other casual chairs overlooks the rear gardens and the large sunbathing patio, which is equipped with ten sun loungers umbrellas, pool tables and cushions. A separate patio is where you will find the charcoal barbecue. The remainder of the garden is set with fruit and oak trees. The garden and pool can be lit to extend the evening. Utility Room: To the rear of the kitchen and equiped with a large pantry fridge and a seperate large drinks fridge with freezer compartment for the ice. Washer dryer and Belfast sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels included, except pool and beach towels. Other: Walk in library under stairs, stocked with games, books and CDs. Upstairs room equipped with books and games .42inch flat screen TV in lounge.Sky box for english telly , bring your own card or watch freeview channels.free fast wifi broadband