Villa near Orgiva, Las Alpujarras, Spain - set in the country side within a rural community Location 10 minutes drive to Orgiva
The property sits in half an acre of mature olive, fig, walnut and orange trees with quiet sitting areas and a generous terrace enclosed by dry stone walls. A stunning swimming pool dramatically extends from one terrace level to the lower garden level. There is a shallow paddling area for children or those wishing to sit and cool down, this is linked to the main swimming area by a gentle slope. The pool is filled from April to end of September and is not heated so may be a little chilly in April and September! The house has been stylishly renovated proving 50 square metres of living space with a wood burning fire for winter nights. Four french windows open the living space onto another 50 square metres of external terraced area for dining or sipping cocktails under the shade of the olive tree. The house is in a quiet location with mountain views all around. The property is a 10 min drive from Orgiva which is a lively small town with restaurants, markets and good food and wine shops.
Top Traveller Review
Best of both worlds
About the Owner
4.8 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Best of both worlds
What a lovely, relaxing place! We felt Casa Luca was the best of both worlds: it is on the edge of Orgiva, so still close to town, but far enough out that it is quiet and rural. The area attracts more tourists than it did the last time we visited 20 years ago, but it retains a sense of being 'real' and there are plenty of walks on which you will meet no one but ibex and birds. On the local 'route of centenarian olive trees', Casa Luca retains a sense of being amongst working smallholdings with its own olive and orange trees. The pool was gorgeous, we loved the way the house is decorated and it is well appointed for a rental villa. The two bathrooms also made a big difference to our party of 8. The villa has good sized bedrooms with comfy beds. We used the fireplace and wood stove for chilly evenings, which were lovely. The kitchen is small, but had everything we needed. We visited for Semana Santa and enjoyed the processions in town as well as the white villages, and of course the sunshine and relaxation. The local feria 'Hecho en la Alpujarra' was on and was a good source of handicraft finds (lovely local pottery). We even managed to get one day of skiing in the Sierra Nevadas. We didn't want to leave!
For a great holiday...
A magnificent house, luxury enough and great views. Very cosy with a great open fire. A four-bedroom house that is perfectly comfortable and pleasant for even a five-person family. A lot of beautiful mountainwalks within short range, even next to the house. Beaches within half an hour (the new highway is ready now); restaurants and shopping all in close range. So you're in the centre of everything. Sure we can recommend this house for a perfect stay...!
Casa Luca, Orgiva
Casa Luca proved to be a very comfortable holiday home and worked very well for our family of two adults and three children aged, 9, 7 and 4. There was way more space than we needed but the children enjoyed have a big room each and the two bathrooms worked well.
Our holiday plan was to cook and eat at the house, enjoy a few meals out, and spend lots of time in the pool. This we did and in both respects we had what we needed. The pool is great for splashing around in, and big enough for very casual adult swimmers to get a little exercise. The separate but connected shallow end was perfect for our non-swimmer.
Cooking on olive branches in a bbq was a new skill and achieved with mixed results. Cooking inside, the kitchen was more than adequate and we enjoy cooking.
The living area provided plenty of space and it was a great pleasure to be able to move between the paved area outside and the indoor space - it works really well. It was so easy to take food to eat at the outside table - a great place for family breakfasts and evening meals. (Too hot for us at lunchtime.)
Orgiva, some 5 minutes away in the car, did not capture our hearts but provided everything we needed and the nearby mountain villages were interesting, friendly and a mixture of more and less touristy. The Alhambra palace was close enough for a couple of visits and well worth the 45-60 minute journey.
The garden and house support people were really friendly and a pleasure to have around for pool maintenance and house cleaning. An excellent Spanish teacher was procured for a few lessons.
We would happily go back for the summer months and also like the idea of seeing Las Alpujarras in a different season. We will certainly recommend to friends.
The house was really beautiful. It was well equipped and it looked even better than it already looked on the photographs. Very comfortable. Nice bedrooms, good beds.
Great garden with orange-, olive-, fig- and walnut-trees. Big terrace with a BBQ and a family-table in the shadow of a big and very old olivetree.
Very nice pool, that is being cleaned twice a week.
The nearby village (5 minutes by car, a 25 minutes walk) has a proper supermarket, butcher, bakery, restaurant etc.
There is a lovely restaurant at a 5 minutes walk from the house (nice terrace, romantic garden, good food and wines and when we were there live music).
We made beautiful walks along the riverside and in the mountains. Also visited the villages and bodega's in the mountains.
We were with 8 persons (age 18-65), all were very enthousiastic about the house and environment!
Small point of improvement: a little bit more tableware would be nice (there were 8 of each item, so we had to wash a halffull dishwasher after every meal).
Very kind and helpful owner.
We all had a perfect holiday in Orgiva!
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach is Salobrena about 30 - 45 mins drive.
Nearest Airport is Granada about 40-50 minutes drive via Lanjarron.The Airport has good car hire facilities. Malaga and Almeria Airports 2 hours.
Orgiva is a 10 minutes drive for shops, cafes, bars restaurants, Granada 40-50 mins. Sea is a 30 - 45 mins drive.
This area has a very special micro climate. Orgiva is a lively small town and has a newly renovated indoor market with butcher, fish shops, wine, cafe, baker, fresh fruit and veg etc, restaurants bars banks, an outdoor market on Thursdays. A selection of good resaturants such as Hotel Taray set amongst Palms, el Limona and local bars. There is a baroque church and Moorish Mill currently being renovated into a boutique hotel. The beautiful mountain vilages in the upper Alpujjaras such as Bubion are 35 mins away. There are beaturiful walks of all levels with the GR7 running through the area. Lanjaron a 20 minute drive is a prettty spa town with a beautiful ruined cstle is famous for its local mineral water. A visit to the Alhambra can be easily done in a day along with the other buildings of interest in Granada. The almond blossom in February is breathtaking or olive harvesting in Dec/Jan is a delight to watch.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Oct 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
24 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking, the balance plus a £200 returnable damage deposit is due one month before arrival date
All peak periods are charged at the premium rate: this includes Easter, Christmas/New Year and School Holidays
Our normal change over day is Saturday, but do ask as we will try and be flexible. Normal departure time is 11.00 am and arrival 5.00 pm.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Stereo ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Two bathrooms both with shower and one with bath, WC and sink in each, dark grey natural slate floors and white handmade wall tiles. Wall heater. All newly fitted.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with 2 twin single beds.
- Notes on accommodation: The house is light and spacious, a blend of a modern contemporary design with the traditional building methods of the area, internally all walls are white and all floors are beautiful dark grey slate. Each bedroom and bathroom has an electric radiator and the main living area and large double bedroom both have wood burning stoves. There is no air conditioning. The property is entirley enclosed by walls and a secure gate, from which to watch the local farmer bringing his herd of goats down from the mountains. In December and January there is an abundance of oranges and walnuts for your consumption! Outside: There is a large terrace area paved with dark slate the same as the interior and has built in benches and a barbeque. The large dining table can be brought outside for summer dining. Views of mountains all around, the sun sets directly in front of the terrace area and has sunlight all day. A beautiful old Olive tree shades part of the terrace which has built in benches and outdoor seats. We have a number of parasols and a sail over the terrace in the summer to provide shade. Large natural rocks are dotted around the land placed under trees providing shady areas to sit. There is a bar-b-q on the terrace area. Olive, Orange, Fig and Walnut trees abound the land. 13 x 3 metre private swimming pool with shallow paddling pool attached 2 x 3 metre. Dark grey slate surround the pool with sunbathing terraces contained within the pool form. There is shower adjacent to the pool. Utility Room: Large fridge freezer, washing machine, iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen is included. The property is cleaned once a week and when booked for 2 weeks the property is cleaned after the first week. Pool towels are not included.