Villa in Fethiye, Kadikoy Village, Nr. Saklikent, Turkey - A Magnificent Setting Within Easy Reach Of Many Of The Main Places Of Interest To Visitors
Villa Altas is a very spacious luxury villa. It one of the largest villas on a small select site recently completed. It is located on a hillside in a truly magnificent part of the Turkish countryside with beautiful views of the mountains & across the Xanthos Valley. There are generous shaded patios around the villa with gated access to pool and gardens, providing security for younger children. All bedrooms have access to balconies. The private swimming pool is set in a large attractive garden which has its own vine-covered pergola and traditional stone oven with barbeque. This is an opportunity to really get away from the hustle and bustle of life, unwind in a peaceful and scenic setting, but within easy reach of places of interest such as Saklikent Gorge, the Taurus Mountains, Patara Beach and historic sites like Tlos. Or you can just explore the beautiful countryside, try the various excellent eating places and make contact with local people who are friendly and helpful.
About the Owner
We have owned Villa Altas on this site for a few years now which we use for ourselves and have spent several months each year here since taking early retirement, making it a much loved second home. The villa and the area are so attractive that we thought other people would love to share this idyllic place and have therefore set it up to rent for holidaying.
Guestbook comments from the owner
The villa is fantastic, very spacious and well equipped. We have all had a wonderful holiday, there has been so much to do. Hatchett family, Hampshire.
We have had a fabulously relaxing time & a fascinating insight into Turkish country life. The views over the valley are just superb & we enjoyed watching the goats come & go each day. We never expected Turkey to be so beautiful or the people to be so generous & friendly. - The Jones Family, South Wales
What a lovely place! The villa was so spacious - a huge beautiful fitted kitchen with marble work surfaces. You can tell this is someones home, not just a business. Local people were so friendly & nobody trying to sell us things. The pool & garden were perfect. We loved going up the Gorge. Our favourite was the Yaka Park trout restaurant sitting & snoozing in the shade with a cold beer & good meal, listening to the ice cold waters gush past. One of our best holidays & hope to come back soon. - Al & Kate Gordan, Edinburgh
From the Owner
“We chose to buy in this area as we fell in love with the breathtaking scenery and the fact that it is in a truly Turkish environment. The village is a real working village as is the nearest town, Kemer. The local people are genuinely pleased to see you and often invite you in for a cup of tea. However, the villa is within only 15 minutes of the ancient city of Tlos, of Saklikent Gorge and its water restaurants, of excellent eating at the hill top restaurant in Kemer and of the trout farm restaurants in the Yakapark where you sit surrounded by trees and cascading melt water in the heat of the day. Fethiye is 40/45 mins, where you can hire boats/scuba/snorkel and shop as well as eat at a wide range of restaurants and hotels. Patara beach, said to be the finest in the Aegean, is 45 mins.”
Activity and Interests
Patara Beach is about 45 mins drive & is rated as one of the best beaches in Turkey with long stretches of beautiful sands backed by dunes. It is unspoilt by any development except for a single very pleasant cafe on the beach. The approach is through the archaeological remains of the ancient city of Patara which in Lycian times was the principal port of the area but has long silted up.
Dalaman Airport is 70 mins. away. Antalya Airport is 180 minutes away. It is advised that you hire a car, to make the most of your stay and be able to visit places of interest, the villa being located in the countryside.
Kadikoy village - 5 mins.
Kemer town - 15 mins.
Fethiye town - 45 mins.
Tlos ancient site - 15 mins.
Saklkent Gorge - 15 mins.
Patara Beach - 45 mins.
Kalkan town - 60 mins.
You can walk out directly from the villa onto the various tracks and footpaths around the valley and into the protected woodland above the site. In Kadikoy the shopkeepers are helpful, welcoming and will deliver provisions if asked and the local town, Kemer (15 minute drive), has small supermarket type shops and two restaurants, one overlooking the river and the other high up at the top of the town with fantastic views. The carpet factory showroom in the village is well worth a visit, demonstrating traditional carpet making and displaying breathtaking examples of the craft. Ten minutes away, in the area of Tlos, are excellent restaurants & bars, including the Mountain Lodge which provides drinks, snacks & pre-booked evening meals in a relaxed atmosphere around their pool, set in beautiful gardens. Beyond Tlos is the famous Yaka Park where trout are farmed & food is served in delightfully shaded settings surrounded by cool running water - ideal in the middle of a hot day! The remains of the ancient city of Tlos can be seen from the villa. This was one of the principal settlements during the Lycian era, dating back to 2000BC. The Greeks, Romans and Ottomans have all occupied the site & there are extensive remains of the acropolis, theatre, agora, tombs, stadium etc. Between Kadikoy & Saklikent Gorge are numerous wayside places where you can eat in the traditional Turkish manner at very reasonable prices. Saklikent Gorge is very impressive, reputed to be the second longest in Europe, of which 4km is walkable. Go prepared to get damp as you wade through the icy melt waters. Afterwards recover with a meal on one of the eating platforms suspended over the river. This area also offers river rafting, mud bathing & tree houses in which you can arrange overnight stays. Our Manager can help you to make bookings for particular activities, such as paragliding. In Fethiye, boat trips, scuba diving, shops and restaurants are on offer.There are markets in Kadikoy, Kemer & Fethiye
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 30 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non-refundable deposit of 20% is to be paid on booking, the balance required 9 weeks before the start of the holiday together with a £125 breakage deposit which is returnable within 2 weeks after the end of the holiday, providing there is no damage.
A 7th and 8th person staying will be charged at the rate of £30/ person for each week.
This is negotiable.
Notes on prices:
7th and 8th persons will be charged at £30/person/week.
All prices are per a week in UK pounds and excludes electricity. Meter readinds are taken on arrival and departure and the number of units used are charged at current local prices. Typically this is about £35/week but very dependent on the use of air conditioning .
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villa is one of the largest on this small select site and has a lovely well-stocked garden, with a large private swimming pool, and a panoramic view of the Xanthos valley and the mountains. This is a place to relax, read, walk, visit ancient sites, while within 45 minutes you have beaches, sailing and shopping.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Outdoor Shower
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower over bath, wc, wash basin. Bathroom with shower over bath, wc, wash basin. Bathroom with shower, wc, wash basin (ground floor).
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 plus cot (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, with double bed and en-suite. Bedrooms 2, with double bed. Bedroom 3, 2 single beds 2 sofa beds in sitting room. Child's cot available. All bedrooms have balcony access, wonderful views and air-conditioning. Cot suitable for baby/toddler.
- Notes on accommodation: The villa Manager speaks English, Turkish, Dutch and German and is based on the site. He is on call 24 hours a day should you need assistance. He will introduce you to the villa and provide information and advice on places to visit and to eat. If required he can supply initial provisions and can also arrange additional activities and trips. The extensive covered patio gives shade throughout the day & with gated balustrading provides a safe environment for smaller children. A cot is provided if required which can be positioned in any room. The ground floor interior is open plan, light and airy. Air conditioning is provided in all bedrooms and downstairs. A fireplace in the sitting room provides a nice focus for the cooler evenings in Spring and Autumn; logs are provided. Outside: The terracing is accessed from the dining room and kitchen. Here you can relax and enjoy the views, catching the cooling summer breezes and take in the beautiful sunsets. The garden is attractively planted with a variety of fruit trees, plants and flowers. The pergola is a retreat where you can just laze, admire the view across the valley or eat Turkish style. The swimming pool (8 x 4m x1.5m single depth) is surrounded by extensive travertine marble paving and there is a hot/cold shower and a stone-built Turkish oven with BBQ. During the cooler months the swimming pool is available at an additional fee. Sun loungers, parasols, chairs and tables are provided for outdoor use. Utility Room: This is located below the stairs & includes a washing machine, ironing board & iron, cleaning equipment tools & materials, safe & coat hooks Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels (for indoor use) & linen are provided. Towels for the pool & beach to be provided by renters. Other: There is access to large balconies from all the bedrooms. The downstairs fully roofed patio area is extensive and provides shade throughout the day. The garden is large and a traditional Turkish oven and BBQ.