Stunning holiday home in Fowey, Cornwall, England - Set in a quiet & Private Cul-de-Sac with 2 Parking Places
A beautiful end of terrace period property with uninterrupted views over the Fowey estuary across to Polruan and out to sea. Set in a very quiet and safe location the property is only a minutes walk to the many amenities Fowey has to offer including the water front. The property itself has everything the discerning holiday maker could want whether your visit is in the summer or winter: Luxury accommodation, stunning views from all three floors, an excellent and very spacious terrace overlooking the harbour and estuary and with those all important parking spaces.
About the Owner
About Martin Telling
The Telling family have been visiting Fowey since the early 70's purchasing their first property in about 1974. In 1989 they bought No.4 Harbour view to accommodate a growing family. Fowey is now visited by 3 generations of the family from grandparents to grandchildren.
In 2008 the family also acquired No.1 Harbour View. The properties are very much a second home as is Fowey and are let just to help cover costs. It is also important that small towns such as Fowey are kept vibrant all year round rather than just in the summer months hence our properties are occupied all year round.
Why Martin Telling chose Newquay & St Austell area
No.4 Harbour View is about as good as it gets in terms of position. Set in a private cul de sac yet within 2 minutes walk of the town centre. The views are stunning and the position is quiet yet the house in the middle of Fowey. The only thing to disturb you are the sea gulls!
Once in Fowey there is no need for a car as everything is on your doorstep. Fowey just about has it all from amazing walks to excellent sailing, award winning restaurants to quaint shops. The only thing that it doesn't have is surfing but there again it's only a 40 minute drive to the North coast!
What makes this house unique
Fowey is built on the face of a cliff which means that it is hilly. It is certainly not ideal for those who are less mobile however with parking right outside (a rare benefit for Fowey) life is made a great deal easier.
No.4 is very comfortable and is continually being upgraded to meet the requirements of contemporary living. All our guests require is their clothing and literally everything else is available.
From the Owner
“No.4 Harbour View is about as good as it gets in terms of position. Set in a private cul de sac yet within 2 minutes walk of the town centre. The views are stunning and the position is quiet yet the house in the middle of Fowey. The only thing to disturb you are the sea gulls! Once in Fowey there is no need for a car as everything is on your doorstep. Fowey just about has it all from amazing walks to excellent sailing, award winning restaurants to quaint shops. The only thing that it doesn't have is surfing but there again it's only a 40 minute drive to the North coast!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Fowey plays host to the Daphne du Maurier festival every May. It also holds Fowey Royal Regatta every August.
Within a few minutes walk are the beaches of Whitehouse and Readymoney and further afield Coombe and Lantic Bay.
Par station (on the London line) 3 miles
StAustell station 7 miles
Newquay airport 15 miles
Drive time from Bristol 2 1/2 hours
St Austell is the nearest large town to Fowey being 7 miles away. To the west is the City of Truro, some 20 miles and 33 miles to the east, Plymouth. The north coast, Padstow, Rock and Newquay are some 20-25 miles to the north.
Fowey has a wide variety of good restaurants, pubs and 2 banks with cashpoints. There are excellent local shops including a Post Office, bakers, butchers, fishmongers, delicatessen and a selection of specialist retailers. There are two sailing clubs both of which accept visiting yachtsmen. Boat trips, fishing trips sailing lessons and motor boat hire can be arranged.
- Booking Notes:
A deposit of £300 is required per week booked. Full payment is required 6 weeks prior to your holiday.
The property is available for a maximum of 6 adults and 2 children. No stag groups or anything remotely similar will be considered. The prices quoted are for a family of four, additional members are £25pp.
Changeover days are on a Friday although this may be varied at Christmas and New Year to fit in with the holiday period.
Friday (flexible out of season). Arrival not before 3.30pm and departure by 10.30am.
Notes on prices:
All price bands are "from" and based on a family of four people. We accept well behaved dogs at an additional cost of £30 ( and a dog deposit) and extra guests at £25 pp.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Fowey is built on the face of a cliff which means that it is hilly. It is certainly not ideal for those who are less mobile however with parking right outside (a rare benefit for Fowey) life is made a great deal easier. No.4 is very comfortable and is continually being upgraded to meet the requirements of contemporary living. All our guests require is their clothing and literally everything else is available.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Master bedroom en-suite with large walk in shower cubicle with rain shower head , basin and WC ,fully tiled in Travetine limestone. 3 additional bathrooms: 2 with bath and electric showers, the other a wet room with shower and WC on the ground floor.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps max 6 adults and 2 children in 4 Bedrooms Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom: super king, ,double aspect with breathtaking views. En-suite . Bedroom 2, vanity unit and 3' bunk beds for children only. Bed 3, vanity unit and twin beds. Bed 4, en-suite, superking, daybed window seat, stunning views
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: We have owned this lovely home since 1984. Every year we update and improve the facilities with a major building scheme having been completed in Jan 2011 which has created a really spacious master bedroom with en-suite and double aspect views.In 2012 we subsequently redesigned the top bedroom to provide an alternative master bedroomThe kitchen has been redesigned and completely renewed. We genuinely want your stay to be as comfortable, luxurious and enjoyable as possible and are constantly making plans to enhance the property further still and are pleased with the addition of SKY+ TV in June 2011 . Some Fowey holiday properties may have views, some may have an outside area and some occasionally have a parking space. We are so lucky to have all three making No4 Harbour View one of the most desirable holiday homes in the whole of Fowey. Outside: The pretty patio garden with a raised viewing platform to the front of the house has seating for 10 with two parking spaces to the side. There is a barbecue for guests use. The views are stunning and, when out, gets the sun all day! Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Limited maid service can be provided at extra cost. Bedding and towels provided Other: The dining area situated between the kitchen and living room can seat up to 8 people. There are a selection of games and DVDs for guest use together with an extensive guide on things to do and places to visit.