Townhouse in Ostuni, Brindisi, Puglia, Italy - Quiet Street with Free Parking 3 Mins Walk from the Main Square and Centro Storico
Located in the very heart of Ostuni but in a quiet street, our townhouse has been lovingly restored by a local architect. It has retained all of the unique, original features including beautiful vaulted stone ceilings, but also incorporates all mod cons. The house is beautifully furnished to compliment the high quality restoration work. The terrace and bedroom offer stunning views over the roof tops of Ostuni, the Centro Storico and to the sea beyond. An amazing abundance of restaurants, cafes and shops are all within a short walk of the house. Beautiful beaches are a 10 minute drive away and the very pretty towns of Cisternino and Martina Franca are easily accessible. The townhouse is suitable for all year living as it is warm and cosy in winter (with central heating) but is lovely and cool during the hot summer months with fitted mosquito nets to all windows and doors for added comfort.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'We had a wonderful week in Ostuni... the house is really lovely, I am very jealous!' Mr NS London
"Had a wonderful time at your house ... perfectly situated, we even managed to find a parking space late at night". Mr JS, London
'We loved the terrace, the views are spectacular" Mr DB Manchester
"Thank you for lending us your beautiful house' Mr AG Edinburgh
1 holidaymaker review
Had a fantastic holiday. We have fallen in love with Ostuni partly due to this accommodation. The house was as described lots of character, very clean and well maintained. The terrace had fantastic views over the rooftops and was good for sunbathing, having alfresco breakfasts and evening drinks. Had great fun buying food from the small local shops, can recommend the little shop 50yards up the road for supplies, the bakers a couple of streets away and for fantastic fresh fruit and veg there's a shop on the Main Street just as you come into Ostuni, but you don't need to buy too much food as the restaurants in the town are plentiful and good and the staff really friendly. I would recommend having a car if you want to explore the area as there is so much to see and do. The beaches are clean and about a 15min drive away. We used one of the Lido as they have all the amenities. Parking outside the house has it's problems so park in the Main Street just check the colour of the lines. Plenty of literature about the area in the house which was really handy. Communication was good with the owner and their agent in Ostuni. Would definitely recommend this holiday and would stay again.
Activity and Interests
A large selection of "blue flag" beaches (both public and private) are a 10 minute drive away. Watersports and horse riding are also available.
Bari Airport - 55 minutes drive.
Brindisi Airport - 25 minutes drive.
Car hire is not necessary (but is useful if you want to tour the local area) and we can organise taxi collection/drop off, if requested. Local bus services offer transport to neighbouring towns. Local train station is a bus ride away.
Cisternino - 20 minutes drive.
Martina Franca - 30 minutes drive.
Taranto - 50 minutes drive.
Trani - 1 hour, 30 minutes drive.
Lecce - 1 hour, 15 minutes drive.
Ostuni has an abundance of restaurants, cafes and shops. Restaurants range from rustic simplicity to Michelin star in stunning settings. A very good range of shops (butcher, fishmonger, grocer, cheese and salumeria) are all located near to the property. There is a weekly market in Ostuni every Saturday. Ostuni also has many festivals to enjoy: July - La Festa del "Barco" - folk dancing/local gastronomy, July-August - Cultural/Musical events, 15 August - In the streets of the Centro Storico an event to celebrate past times: food, costumes, etc. 25/26/27 August: Festival dedicated to St Oronzo, dating from 1793, processions on horseback, fireworks, etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 50% of the full price is required upon initial booking, with the balance payable 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. A £150 returnable security deposit is also requested when you pay the balance of your rental. This will be refunded to you once the inventory has been checked at the end of your stay. Please contact owner for details of cancellation policy.
We are flexible regarding changeover day.
Arrival time after 2:00 pm with departure by 10:00 am - but again we can be flexible depending if there are other guests arriving/leaving.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 on 1st floor with designer sink, bidet and WC and chrome accessories. Fully tiled with vaulted stone ceiling. Bathroom 2 on 2nd floor with designer hydromassage shower, sink, bidet, WC, fully tiled. View over the rooftops to the sea.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Spacious double bedroom with hand-made, quality fitted wardrobes. Invitingly decorated with beautiful wooden flooring and high quality linen. Dual aspect views of Ostuni and over the roof tops to the sea beyond. Central heating.
- Notes on accommodation: The property is gas centrally heated and double glazed throughout. There is continuous hot running water. The property is naturally cool in summer and all windows and doors have fitted retractable mosquito nets allowing them to be left open at night if required. Please note that this is a no-smoking property. Outside: Large, sunny, tiled roof terrace with stunning 180 degree panoramic views over Ostuni, Centro Storico and roof tops down to the sea in the distance. Table and chairs and sunloungers for al fresco dining in the Summer. Wall lighting, surrounding decorative wrought iron railings and butlers sink. Utility Room: Includes washing machine, separate hand washing sink, steam iron with ironing board and Hoover. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: High quality linen and towels are included. A charge of Euro 80 will be made for cleaning - to be paid directly to our agent on arrival. Additional maid service can be arranged - to be paid directly.