Holiday Home in Treyarnon Bay, Nr. Padstow, Cornwall - Kernick, a Lovely Holiday Home in Quiet Location. Only 200m from the Sea, Panoramic Sea Views
Kernick, situated between Treyarnon and Constantine Bay, has commanding views over the sea and is only 200 metres from the shore. The beautiful Treyarnon Bay beach is only a short walk (2 mins) and the beach at Constantine Bay is just a little further (5mins). Laurel and Tamarisk hedges surround the large, well maintained garden, which added to the secluded position of the property at the end of a private road, allows you to really switch off and relax.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'What a fantastic house. Great position, great garden. Thank you very much'
'We have been coming to Treyarnon for thirty plus years and this has been the most comfortable and well catered holiday yet'
'Wonderful house and location. Our 3rd year here and it gets better. Thank you'
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Rick Stein's cookery school at Padstow.
Surfing School at Constantine Bay surf shop.
Fabulous beaches at Treyarnon (2 mins walk), at Constantine (5 mins walk) and Booby's (15 mins walk) Life guards operate at Treyarnon and Constantine from late May to late September.
The coastal walks from the house both east and west offer some stunning views.
Bedruthan Steps (10 mins by car) offers a spectacular cliff landscape with massive offshore stacks rising from the sea. The fantastic beach that appears at low tide is accessed using the steps cut into the cliff.
Car is recommended to fully benefit from your stay.
Newquay airport at St Mawgan (approx 8 miles).
Bodmin Parkway mainline rail station (approx 20 miles).
Local bus service to Padstow and Newquay.
St Merryn (nearest village) - 2 miles
Padstow - 5 miles
Wadebridge - 10 miles
Newquay - 11 miles
Bodmin - 18 miles
Very good local store at Constantine Bay.
Supermarkets at Padstow, Wadebridge, Newquay and Bodmin
Restaurants include Rosel & Co at St Merryn, Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant in Padstow and Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Restaurant at Watergate Bay near Newquay. Many others.
Tennis: 3 all-weather courts at the nearby Trevose Golf & Country Club.
Surfing: on all the local beaches.
Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan: both near St Austell about one hours drive away.
Camel Trail: cycle the Camel estuary trail from Wadebridge to Padstow (cycles can be hired from either place).
Fishing: good local sea fishing from nearby rocks and beaches, plus boat fishing trips from Padstow.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
If interested we will forward terms and conditions and a booking form. We will hold a reservation for seven days at the end of which, if we have received the signed booking form with a 30% deposit, the booking will be confirmed. Full payment, along with a refundable £200 Damage Deposit, is to be made not less than 8 weeks before your arrival date.
Friday but there is flexibility out of season
Arrival not before 4.00pm
Departure not after 10.00am
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Video Library
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to Blue bedroom with bath/shower over, wc, basin En-suite to ground floor bedroom with bath/shower over, wc, basin Bathroom for other bedrooms with bath/shower over, wc, basin Shower room with shower, wc, butler sink Cloakroom with wc, basin
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (5 Bedrooms). 8 adults maximum Notes on bedrooms: Constantine bedroom with double bed - views over Bay Blue bedroom with twin beds - views out to sea Treyarnon bedroom with twin beds - views over Bay Bunk bedroom with bunk beds - sleeps 2 Ground floor bedroom with twin beds plus bunk bed - sleeps 4
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The rental includes oil fired central heating, electricity and gas. There is plenty of hot water. Pets are allowed at the owner's discretion, but are not allowed in bedrooms or the lounge. The house is strictly non smoking. Outside: Large well maintained garden with spacious L-shaped lawn. Outside the sun room there is a walled patio area which is a great sun trap. There are tables and chairs and sun loungers. A barbecue is provided. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, second fridge. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and bathroom towels are provided and the beds will be made before your arrival. Bring your own towels for use on the beach and in the garden. The house will be clean and tidy upon your arrival.