Apartment in Puerto de la Duquesa, Costa del Sol, Spain - Peaceful Location With 2 Pools Set In Beautiful Private Gardens And Close To Shops
Fully furnished, air-con & heating. Close to shops/ beach (10 mins walk), some 'essential' shops, including wine bar + coffee shop/restaurant within 100 yards (but no noise!). Views of sea and mountains from the private patio/terrace which has loungers table/chairs & gas BBQ. Apartment has own dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, microwave, food mixer, plus all crockery/glasses. Linen & towels, also DVD & Video. Marble floors, with Moroccan carpets/rugs and bedrooms fully carpeted. Adjacent to Duquesa golf and close to very many more golf courses from Valderama, to Los Arcos and San Roque. Duquesa is 25 mins drive from Gibraltar and 55 mins from Malaga airports. It is a harbour/marina development with some 300 berths for private boats of all types. It has some 30+ shops/restaurants + 2 beach bars. Fishing and boat rental is available. The beach is good for bathing, protected by a breakwater, offering safe bathing. Nearby is a water park, a safari park and windsurfing.
About the Owner
My wife and I have owned a family property at Puerto de la Duquesa for some 24 years, initially we had a 3 bed room property in the Los Flamencos development beside the Duquesa Marina, but after some 10 years we decided that we really liked Duquesa and the environs but wished a better property, in terms of build quality, features and facilities. We are very pleased with our current property, a short walk from the Marina but avoids the inevitable noise of the Marina. It is a large 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom property with a very large private terrace with private access to beautiful landscaped gardens with two well maintained swimming pools. Our families and their children all enjoy it in school holidays and we seek only a few rents p.a. to part recover the high standing charges.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"The pools are great for kids at all ages" - Tim Millington.
"Internet connection is easy and free at local bars(2 mins away) and with local broadband dongle cheaply available locally" - Fiona Over.
"A lovely apartment, secluded and very comfortable" - Robert Clifford-Jones.
From the Owner
“We purchased the property in 2000, because we really like Duquesa and the immediate area with many golf courses, marinas, and great restaurants and bars. Being only 25 mins from Gibralter it is easy to fly to Gibraltar or Malaga or indeed Jerez (a longer drive), making it very accessible, we often take our car from the UK to Bilbao or Santander, then a good easy drive south with one night enroute at one of the many excellent Paradors. Granada and sking is only 2.5 hours away, with great shops and historical sites, plus of course the world famous Alhambra.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
International windsurfing events at Tarifa c 35 miles.
Scuba diving and snorkelling at many points along the coast.
Dolphin watching off Gibraltar.
Visits to Morroco, by sea, by car or foot passenger by normal ferry or hydrofoil from Algecerais (adjacent Gibraltar).
Beach - walking less than 10 mins, by car less than 4 mins.
Shops(local) - 1 minute, main shops/restaurants - 10 mins or 3 mins by car.
BA(ex HRW), Easyjet and Monarch fly to Gibraltar. Aer Lingus (ex GTW), Monarch, Easyjet and many others fly to Malaga. Alternate airport is Jerez, a 2 hour car drive.
Gibralter 25 miles.
Malaga 60 miles.
Estepona 8 miles.
Ronda 32 miles.
Grenada 105 miles.
A wide range of photographs of the apartment gardens, pool and Duquesa generally are on our web site (please ask for details).
The site also has pricing and other information.
- Booking Notes:
Please book by contacting the owners Ken and Lorna Jamieson (email or phone details below). Fax: 01273 267822.
Saturday preferred for practical reasons, other days may be possible, dependant on other bookings at the time. The apartment is professionally cleaned, beds changed, typically on a Sat morning, hence arrival best at or after lunchtime Saturday.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our apartment has both a sea view and a mountain view, the secure, enclosed gardens are extensive and truly beautiful. The two pools are very clean and cater for all ages.There is free Wifi from the Gazebo in the gardens.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Both bathrooms are fully tiled with power showers, sink and WC the en-suite bathroom has a bidet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) + Double Air Bed And Cot Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a 6'x6' double bed or as two singles. Bedroom 2 has a 6'x6' double bed or as two singles. Both bedrooms have chest of drawers, bedside tables/lights and chairs plus large hanging space wardrobes and bedrooms are carpeted.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Overall very safe for children. Each pool is very different in shape and style but both have ample sun loungers, sun umbrellas etc.The larger pool has a diving board, both pools have gradual walk-in entry, across a whole side of each pool. There is also a small, shallow, circular pool, exclusively for young children. Outside: The gardens and pool areas are covered by Helicopteros Sanitarios, which is a helicopter and road ambulance medical service covering accidents and incidents in the pool/outside areas. Utility Room: External, separate, secure drying area for clothes drying, storage. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included, can be changed weekly by request, the property is cleaned/managed by a local service company. Who can also provide general assistance. Other: The apartment has many large storage cupboards, some locked (re owners personnel items). Car park space in underground park also gstorage cupboard. Also a patio area with many potted plants at the front , often good in the evening with setting sun.