House in Caramany, Pyrenees Orientales, Languedoc-Roussillon
Maison Caramany is a lovingly restored 19th Century house in the charming hill-top medieval village of Caramany. The house is cosy, warm and has all the mod cons you need. It provides the perfect base to explore the wonders of the area but, as you will see, you'll be more than happy to come home to it every day!
If you want to unwind, you've come to the right place. Caramany is picturesque and sleepy. The terrace offers wonderful (and private) views of the village. Sit back, soak up the sun and begin your education of the wines of the Roussillon!
Maison Caramany is perfect for couples or families. If you are looking to get off the beaten track, recharge your batteries or immerse yourself in the unadulterated French way of life, then this is it!
About the Owner
My parents are Italian but I was born in the UK. A pivotal moment in my life was going travelling after my studies. I've been travelling ever since! I work as a European tour guide and am obsessed in seeking out undiscovered beautiful places.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have enjoyed a wonderful week in a most warm and welcoming house in a very beautiful area of France. The house provided everything we needed and more – we were so comfortable we didn’t want to leave! Amandine (cleaner) was most kind and friendly as were some of the neighbours. We managed to see many towns and villages during our short stay and the scenery was breathtaking
(Jan and Chris, England, Sep 2013)
From the Owner
“In the winter of 2002 I spent a month travelling around Languedoc-Roussillon in a camper van to find somewhere special. After much searching I finally found Maison Caramany, uninhabited for 30 years! Everything was right about it: the spectacular views, the house and the peace and authenticity of the village. The renovation took four years and nearly killed me! I did most of the work myself.”
Activity and Interests
A 45 mins drive takes you to the outstanding seaside town of Collioure. A small town full of charm and character, it has good swimming and dining possibilities. The small cobbled streets are very pleasant to stroll around and thankfully there is not too much tacky souvenir stuff around. Of course, Collioure can get busy in the summer. If hordes of people is not your cup of tea, then try nearby Port Vendres instead.
Perpignan Airport is the most convenient airport to fly to. Transfer time from this airport to Maison Caramany is 30-40 mins.
Perpignan Airport is well served by budget airlines. Ryanair operates flights from London Stansted. BmiBaby fly from Manchester. Flybe operates flights during the summer season only from Birmingham and Southampton. Air France fly from Paris Orly.
River swimming, 3km.
Ille sur Tet town (supermarkets, banks, cafes, internet and restaurants), 12km.
Perpignan (shopping, nightlife, restaurants), 30km.
Queribus castle, 25km.
Monsieur Charles passes every morning in his van selling baguettes, croissants and cakes.
Butcher, Greengrocer, and mini-market each pass couple times a week.
Caramany has its own restaurant and cafe, the latter only open during the summer months.
5 restaurants are within 15 mins drive in surrounding villages.
Please click on my own website below for more photos etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
22 Oct 2016 - 17 Mar 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Booking procedure: A 25% deposit of the total rental fee is required to secure a booking. We can only hold your dates for 5 days after you decide to book.
The balance is required 8 weeks before your holiday plus a damage deposit. The damage deposit is £150. Provided everything is OK, this will be returned to you after your stay.
The changeover day is flexible.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“All guests so far have had a fantastic time. They comment on the following: - the quality of the renovation - the extra facilities such as games, books, films, kitchen equipment, etc - my Welcome Booklet which gets you acquainted with your surroundings very quickly. I have made 'things to do' suggestions which guests always love. - experiencing a real French village. Guests and their children have mingled with the locals and joined in with their festivals. - the peacefulness and beauty of the village - the views - the wine!!!”
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- winery tours
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom on first floor with bath and separate shower cubicle. Sink unit in Bedroom 2. WC with sink on ground floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with single and extra pull out bed. Double sofabed in lounge.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Smoking is not permitted inside the house. Pets are allowed for an extra £75 per week. Games provided for children. There is a lounge area in the big bedroom with its own TV, DVD player and library. It gives the option of children watching a film while adults socialise in lounge, for example. The entire house has been insulated, making it cool in the summer and snug in the winter. Wifi internet included: please bring your own laptop/device. Outside: The larger terrace on the second floor is where you will happily spend a lot of your time. Sunny and with a fabulous view of the village, it has a table, 6 chairs and a parasol, plus a barbecue. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Rental price includes one-off cleaning service and one-off provision of towels and linen. Extra cleaning at additional charge. Bed linen and towels are provided.