Villa in Lindos, Rhodes, Greek Islands - Within A 10 Mins Walk To Lindos Square Situated In Relaxing Area But Not Far From The Night Life
Villa Melanie is one of the very few luxury private villas situated in the peaceful and sought after Krana area of Lindos and is only a 10 minute stroll into Lindos Village Square. The villa has its own private well stocked garden which includes palms, exotic plants and fruit trees and has free access to a number of shared swimming pools where all are welcome. The villa also boasts a huge traditional BBQ and seating area with a variety of garden furniture for guests to relax and enjoy. A well stocked mini market is only a 2 minute walk from the Villa. The views of the Acropolis lit up in the evening are spectacular! Villa Melanie is one of the very few luxury villas that has such close proximity to Lindos village that car hire is an option rather than a necessity. Modern comforts will make your stay a home from home. Greek Tourist Licence Approved. EOT License 1476K100A0390401.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
‘We stayed at Villa Melanie in May and were very impressed with what we found, it was a lovely villa well situated just outside of the village 9 mins walk into the village itself. We wanted for nothing whilst at the villa all the mod cons where provided during our stay, microwave, fridge freezer, kettle, iron, coffee maker etc Plasma TV, DVD, Hi Fi system Etc. The gardens get the sun all day long from 7am in the morning until around 18.30 in the evening and is an Ideal relaxation spot. There is use of a pool at the end of the garden which is Ideal again for a quick dip to cool down. The accommodation can rightly be described as a luxury villa, and we will definitely be booking again in the future’ Bill/Michelle Simon
‘We had a great time and your villa is beautiful we really relaxed and didn't want to come home’ Sue W.
Superb location. Will be back next year'. P.Soam. We had a lovely holiday, the villa was absolutely lovely, what a fab place to retreat, didn't want to leave.Lesley.
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
We have just returned from a fantastic holiday at Villa Melanie. The property is ideally located in a quiet part of Lindos yet only a short walk from the village centre. It is spacious, well equipped and beautifully furnished and has a huge outside area in which to relax and enjoy the Greek sunshine. The owners were extremely helpful both before and during our holiday - nothing was too much trouble. We used a number of the local pools, our favourite being Waterside. There are many rooftop restaurants in Lindos which command magnificent views and be sure to stop at one of the many creperies! A trip to the Acropolis is a must - but set out early, particularly in the hot summer months! We also enjoyed days out in Monolithos, Tsambika, Rhodes Town and The Valley of the Butterflies. The glass bottom boat trip is also a fantastic way to see some of the magnificent coastline. We cannot recommend Villa Melanie highly enough and hope to return in the future.
Beautiful, spacious villa
Villa Melani is real value for money accommodation for families and/or groups. The villa is clean and spacious with lots of outdoor space and number of outdoor seating areas, including a barbecue! The decor is modern and airy, with lots of lovely decorative touches, including paintings of Lindos itself. We were so overjoyed with how 'posh' it was and think that the owner's could definitely charge more!
There is everything you could possibly need, including an eclectic mix of family friendly DVDs and CDs and a full range of kitchen equipment- should you want to cook!
We were most impressed by Steve and Melanie’s attentive emails/texts, checking we were happy. E-mails were answered promptly and efficiently. We arrived at 11.30pm [ taxi from the airport arranged for us] to some milk and orange juice in the fridge and a welcome bottle of local wine, which we made good use of. Although the Villa has two bedrooms [ 1 double and 1 twin], Steve and Melanie were happy to put up another bed downstairs for our 12 year old, with whom my teenage daughter didn’t want to share a room. The living room is so spacious that we barely noticed the bed.
Do not be put off by the lack of a pool. We could have used any of the local apartment complexes’ pools; although we made most use of the ‘Waterside’ pool where there were always sunbeds free; friendly staff and lots of inflatables to amuse the kids. This pool was less than 5 minutes walk away and the local supermarket almost next door. The villa is well located. We walked into Lindos and back every evening [ 15 minutes at the most] and it really wasn’t that much of an effort up the hill, even with my husband’s dodgy knees!
For a week at the end of July for two adults, a 12 and 15 year old, we paid a similar amount for flights and accommodation as did my friends who were all crammed into a family room in a nearby apartment block. Our kids had their own space; as did we, and we would not hesitate to recommend this lovely spacious villa to anyone.
We enjoyed a variety of activities over the week. There is a small travel agency in the village where we booked a 'Lazy Day' cruise- all day boat cruise round the local coast line with 5 swim stops and including lunch. We also went to the local waterpark in Faliraki- there is a free bus from the Flora supermarket [ 5 mins walk] although it gets very busy ; so you should be prepared to stand. Alternatively; a seat can be guaranteed by booking transfers from the travel agency
A cut above the rest
HIgh standard, well equipped accomodation. Villa Melanie had everything we needed for our one week stay. In a quite part of Lindos away from main town but only pleasant 15 min downhill walk (4 euro taxi back). Pictures don't don't do Villa justice as gardens now well established and look so good, lovely sunbed area. Best part of Villa is fab terrace area with large dining table and great sofa area for soaking up all the sun, even better with a G & T containing fresh lime from adjacent tree! No problems using pool at nearby Eleni or Athena accommodations (3 min walk, just bought drinks there). Overall outstanding accomodation offering great value, would have no hesitation recommending.
Villa Melanie, was in a great location, within walking distance of lindos(very rare), villa in quiet residential area, only donkeys for comapny.
Villa clean well equipped, and mel couldnt have been more attentive, checking we were ok and had everything we needed, even got us an ipod docking station. April was a great time to visit, lindos nice and quiet but still plent of restaurants open. Would definatly reccomend the villa and would love to visit again. pictures didnt really do it justice.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The villa is an excellent place to rent if you are getting married at St.Pauls Bay as the standard of accommodation would make it a perfect retreat for a wedding party reception or honeymoon!
Both Lindos main beach and the stunning St.Pauls Bay are approx less than 15 mins walk away. Vlicha beach is a 10 minute drive.
Rhodes airport is approx 40km away and a 40 mins drive by car/taxi. Unlike most of the villas for rent in the area (which claim to be in Lindos but are many miles away from Lindos Village), car hire is not necessary due to the extremely close vicinity to Lindos Village and all the amenities it has to offer! We would only be too happy to help with car hire, if required, to assist in obtaining the best rates for our guests.
Located 10 minutes mins walk to Lindos Square for a multitude of bars and tavernas. 15 mins walk to Lindos beach and St. Pauls Bay beach. Rhodes town is a 45 mins drive away. The airport is 40 minutes drive away. Nearest supermarket is 150m from the villa a slightly larger supermarket is a 4 minute walk from the villa. Nearest bars and restaurants are a 5 minute walk.
Please note that the villa is not on the blue line/ vilcha complexes which are 45+ minutes walk away from Lindos village.
The major advantage to renting our villa is not only the very high standard of accommodation and lifestyle that it has to offer. It also boasts a very close proximity to Lindos village whilst maintaining the peace and quiet that one has come to expect whilst being on holiday. Whilst many villas claim to be in or near Lindos you may find that in actual fact this may mean up to 5km away. However at Villa Melanie there is no waiting for those elusive taxis as the stroll down hill to the village takes approximately 10 minutes whilst the stroll back after an evening in the village may take a minute or two longer!! The location makes care hire totally unnecessary. Cash machine and main bus stop within 700m. Restaurants and tavernas are a ten minute walk from the villa. There are six swimming pools within a five minute walk of the villa that are open to all customers free of charge and include free use of sun loungers.
Please free to pick up the telephone at any time to discuss anything regarding the Villa....or anything at all regarding the beautiful Island of Rhodes or Lindos.....it would be our pleasure.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Prices are based on upto 4 guests. Each extra guest is £50 per week extra upto maximum of 6 guests.
Fully licensed with the Greek Ministry of Tourism: EOT License Number MHTE 1476K100A0390401.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs fully equipped room with a shower cubicle toilet and vanity basin. Upstairs bathroom with full size bath with overhead shower, vanity unit and toilet. Both bathrooms marble tilled throughout. Constant hot water guaranteed!
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 : 2 large double bedrooms Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and private balcony with table and chairs. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and private balcony with table and chairs. Both have fantastic storage with large double wardrobes. Each bedroom has it's own remote air conditioning unit.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The internal design takes advantage of contemporary living whilst maintaining a traditional Lindian village house look. It is situated in a very quiet, peaceful area where you may encounter roaming goats and donkeys as your neighbours! Yet only mins walk away from Lindos village! If there are any problems during your stay there will be telephone numbers available for you to contact. An information pack will be sent to you before your holiday. This includes information including maps and general information to help you plan out your holiday in advance. Please note that the prices are fully inclusive of air conditioning, all electricity, water and there are no hidden costs. A safety deposit box is also included free of charge. Villa Melanie is a home from home. We have a coffee machine, frappe maker, toasted sandwich maker, caffetiere, hairdryer etc, etc, available for our guests to use. We also cater for our younger guests by supplying a high chair, cot, booster seats and many dvds. Outside: Beautiful (automatically watered) gardens set in a peaceful location with large tiled veranda and pergola. Large separate traditional greek stone paved area with tables and chairs. Private, very large masonry BBQ complete with traditional stone bench and wooden table and chairs situated on a separate part of the garden. Large hardwood table and 6 chairs for alfresco dining. Sun loungers. Spectacular views of the sea, mountains and the Acropolis from the balconies. The garden has a blend of lemon trees, palms, bouganvillia, hibiscus, herbs and many pretty flowers and shrubs. Very, very peaceful and relaxing. You will not encounter any noise apart from the odd donkey and/or local mountain goats. You can even purchase carrots from the nearby supermarket for the children (and adults!) to feed the donkeys in their pens on the way into the village. Utility Room: There is a fully automatic washing machine under the staircase. Although the washing machine may not be needed, it is available if required! A hairdryer is also included so no need to pack your own! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towel changes once per week. The maid service is weekly. Other: UTravel cot and high chair is also available for the younger guests. Various games and a large collection of DVDs and CDs for all tastes and ages provided.