House in Demre, Turquoise Coast, Turkey
The Turquoise coast stands out not only in Turkey but in all of the Mediterranean. The coastline is stunning and undeveloped. The sea is clean, clear and offers some of the best swimming in the Mediterranean. The fertile soil and uninterrupted sunshine provide excellent local produce, making for excellent, freshly prepared and inexpensive cuisine. This is also the area where the Lycians prospered in ancient times. Ruins and historical sites, many still left au naturel, are dotted all over the area.
About the Owner
My parents are Italian but I was born in the UK. A pivotal moment in my life was going travelling after my studies. I've been travelling ever since! I work as a European tour guide and am obsessed in seeking out undiscovered beautiful places.
Guestbook comments from the owner
This has been a really splendid holiday. We loved being in Turkey. All the Turkish people we have met have been so friendly and helpful, the scenery has been little short of breathtaking, the sea warm and Gino's recommended sightseeing trips all winners. And Azur villa has been delightful place in which to stay. We leave reluctantly. Thanks for all your help Gino. (Horton family, Aug 2009).
Hey Gino! Thank you – we had a fantastic time here. The villa and location are beautiful and we loved the Turkish people. Your welcome guide was extremely useful and helped us find our way around – thank you – I'm not sure how well we'd have managed without it!! Bye bye Turkey! We'll miss you! (Weller family, Aug 2009).
From the Owner
“After graduating in 1996 I decided to travel to Australia from the UK by land and sea for a year. Passing through Turkey I was mesmerized by the country and especially the beauty of its Turquoise coast to the south. Promising myself there and then to have a home along the coast for my retirement, I decided instead to go ahead prematurely in 2001 at the age of 27. A month of travelling ensued, looking for something special away from the established tourist towns. My search finally came to an end at a stretch of coastline expertly concealed behind some hills on the outskirts of a small town.”
Activity and Interests
There are 3 swimming options in immediate area:
1. 100 metres to private swimming spot. Ideal for adults.
2. Drive 5mins to long sandy beach. Shelves gently into sea, making it ideal for young children
3. Drive 6mins to Tashtibi beach, 5miles long and pebbled
By air: you will need to book your flight to Antalya airport (Transfer time = 2-2.5hrs). Flights are available from many UK airports:
The fact that you can fly from several major UK airports all year round and with flexibility makes this website a winner.
This website is the best one I have found for charter flights.
Car hire is recommended. Transfers and car hire can be organised through owner
Demre town (supermarkets, restaurants, banks, internet cafes, Myra ruins and St Nicholas church) = 3km
Kas town = 45km
The caretaker, Mehmet, can bring you fresh bread and English language newspaper to your door every morning. 2 mountain bikes available in cellar. Plenty of space to park your car.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
22 Oct 2016 - 17 Mar 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
A 25% deposit of the total rental fee is required to secure a booking. We can only hold your dates for 5 days after you decide to book.
The balance is required 8 weeks before your holiday plus a damage deposit. The damage deposit is £150. Provided everything is OK, this will be returned to you after your stay.
The change-over day is flexible
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It's difficult to capture the beauty of somewhere in words unless you are actually there. What stands out for me is waking up in the morning and the only two sounds you'll hear are birds chirping and the gentle movement of the sea. I know of no other place where silence and calm is at its quietest. I have compiled an extensive Welcome Booklet which will bring you up to speed on your surroundings very quickly. I have made several 'things to do' suggestions which guests love. Isolated as you might feel, there are plenty of homely touches to make you feel comfortable: satellite TV with English channels, books, films and games.”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room with toilet and sink on first floor. WC with sink on ground floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 is on the first floor. It has 2 single beds (push together to convert to double), a TV, VCR and Playstation. Bedroom 2 is on the first floor. It has 2 single beds, (push together to convert to double). Bedroom 3 is a single on the 2nd floor.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Azur villa is ideal for those wanting a relaxing, peaceful holiday away from the tourist market: no crowds, no cars. The house is fully air-conditioned. Outside: There is a large, shaded terrace on ground floor with beautiful sea view. Has inbuilt chimney with barbecue with table and chairs accommodating up to 7 people. Perfect area for dining, relaxing and socialising 2 large, private terraces on second floor with sun loungers and stunning sea views. Perfect for sunbathing, privacy and sunset There is a small, private garden. Has orange, lemon and pomegranate trees. Help yourself to the fruit. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Rental price includes one-off cleaning service and one-off provision of towels and linen. Extra cleaning at additional charge. Other: Please note: Azur villa is all about the stunning location and getting off the beaten track, not the last word in luxury. Our rooms are comfortable but compact: Main bedroom (5m x 2.5m). Second bedroom (3.25m x 3.25m). Third bedroom (2.75m x 2.25m).