Manoir in Lalevade d'Ardeche, Nr. Aubenas, Rhone Alpes - Upper Ardeche Valley, 17th Century Manor, Ideal for two Families Sharing
On the edge of the village of Lalevade, with mountain views all round and a stream flowing through the 1.4 hectare walled garden, this fine, large 17th century manor house is a fabulous place just to relax in. Or use it as a base for exploring the Ardeche river valley and mountains. Great outdoor activities - kayaking and river swimming, hill-walking, cycling round the Ardeche's vineyards and famous villages. For the tourist, Avignon is just over an hour. Or just spend a week by the pool soaking in the sun and the view. The large accomodation offers everything you need. Ideal for two families sharing, but very comfortable for fewer, with one bedroom wing not used.
About the Owner
Mas de Fabrias is the family home in France for the Arthurs, who live in London.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Best holiday ever - all from grandparents to young children thoroughly enjoyed themselves.Terrifying jumping off Pont du Diable, but we did it!"
"elegant and superbly well-arranged surroundings - delighted to find a well-tuned Yamaha grand in the Salle de Musique"
"Truly splendid week in Fabrias - visitors coming back were as delighted again as new arrivals. We will be in touch again about a third visit. A magical place."
From the Owner
“Beautiful scenery and wonderful clear light. Excellent weather, off the main tourist track. Wonderful conditions for gardening, with stream running through lower garden.”
Activity and Interests
Swimming in the Ardeche and other local rivers - sparkling but bracing! Sandy beach on Ardeche in village, and in several other nearby villages.
Car fairly essential. 40 minutes from motorway at Montelimar, or one hour south west of Valence.
TGV to Valence (Paris 2 1/2 hours) or Montelimar, with connecting bus to Aubenas (which is 7 minutes by car).
Airports at Lyon (2 1/2 hours) Nimes (1 hour plus); St Etienne (2 1/2 hours).
Lalevade is walking distance (3 bakers, supermarket etc).
Fine mediaeval town of Aubenas (markets, wide range of shops) is 7 minutes drive.
We are at the bottom of the upper Ardeche gorge. 40 minutes driving to the top - spectacular (and great walking, even out from the house). 20 minutes driving south east to the famous canoeing centre of the Ardeche; the vineyards and olive groves; the edge of old Roman Provence. Charming villages everywhere.
Small Huit-a -huit in village, open every day, plus excellent large supermarket, also in village.
Good restaurants in Aubenas and around, and pizza restaurant plus various bars and cafes in village.
Tennis in village.
Canoeing on Ardeche from Vallon Pont d'Arc.
Many spectactular villages within easy reach, and also Ardeche mountains.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Available throughout the year. Book on line.
We ask for £500 deposit on booking, returnable at the end of the stay, if no major breakages; and full rental one month in advance.
Changeover on Saturday. Departure by 1000. Arrival after 1600.
Different arrangements by agreement.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Fortnight and longer lets negotiable.
Plus 500 euros fuel charge in winter.
£500 to secure the property for the required time, then the balance one month before arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Large grounds, where one can easily stay for a week enjoying the pool, the books, the grand piano, and the views, and cooking in the superb kitchen. Or you can go walking in the hills and mountains, or explore the Ardeche charming villages.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Three bathrooms have bath/shower. Four other shower rooms in main house. Also shower room in pool house next to Pigeonnier and pool. Separate downstairs WC. So 9 WCs in total.
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 16 (8 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Prades wing. One double with en suite shower room. One double and one twin with shared bathroom. Lalevade wing. 4 doubles with own shower or bath room. One single/double with ensuite shower room. Additional romantic single plus shower in Pigeonnier.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: TV and DVD. Three CD players. WiFi computer link up (bring own lap-top). Table tennis. (for winter let) Full central heating, plus open fires in 3 rooms. Outside: Secluded pool 13m x 6m perched up above house with fabulous views. BBQ etc Stream flowing through lower garden (across the lane and locked gate, so safe for small children) can provide endless hours of fun. Large field to play in. Tennis 0.5 km away in village. Utility Room: 2 dishwashers, 2 washing machines, dryer, iron, ironing board, 2 high chairs, 3 cots. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen provided. Saturday changeover day, or linen/towels changed for longer lets. Other: Open, terrace-style poolhouse adjacent to charming Pigeonnier, with shower and toilet.