Apartment in Barga, Lucca, Tuscany - Tranquil Position, Stunning Panoramic Views But A Convenient Central Location
The location of Villa Speranza on the walled perimeter of the ancient centro storico (old town) is ideal in that it provides a tranquil atmosphere and stunning views over the surrounding hills while all the facilities of the town are within strolling distance. The apartment is on two floors, is very spacious, superbly equipped and comfortable and has a flexible configuration. It can be rented either with 3 double bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, or for smaller parties, with 2 double bedrooms and 1 bathroom. Both configurations include a guest bathroom on the ground floor. The property was fully refurbished in 2013 to emphasize historical features and improve comfort level to luxury standard. The owners offer an optional package whereby a holiday period of two weeks or longer can be spent partly in Barga and partly in their apartment in Florence, also listed with Owners Direct -see property ref: IT 2612.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Thank you both very much for a lovely week's stay at your apartment in Barga. You are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful part of Italy, and we are hoping to return to that area to explore further in the not too distant future. Once again, thank you for your hospitality. Your apartment was charming, beautifully equipped and very comfortable. If we know of anyone who plans on visiting the area we shall certainly recommend your place!"
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Individual Tuscan cookery classes can be organised and provided within the apartment when pre-ordered.
The Alpi Apuane national mountain park with its many kilometers of maintained tracks is renowed for its hiking, trekking and panoramic views. Guides can be arranged on request.
The famous beaches of Versilia lie just beyond the coastal mountain range and can be reached by an attractive drive through one of the passes or via Lucca. Viareggio and Lido di Camiore are nearest and can be reached in about an hour by car. Within a further quarter of an hour are the picturesque town and coastal resort of Pietrasanta and the chic and fashionable shops and beaches of Forte dei Marmi.
Nearest airports are Pisa & Florence, both about 75 mins by car. Flights to Pisa fly from London, Prestwick, Bristol, Bornmouth, northern and the midlands airports.
The Serchio Valley line connects Barga to the main rail network of Italy. There is a bus service from Barga to Lucca, Castelnuovo and surrounding towns and villages. However, a car is recommended to explore the northern Toscana as public transport provides limited access and usually light traffic makes driving is a pleasure.
Florence about 60 miles, Lucca about 20 miles, Pisa about 30 miles. The Chianti region, Siena and San Gimignano are within an easy days drive as are Genoa and the dramatic coastline of the Cinque Terre.
The location of Villa Speranza is optimum in that all the shops, bars, restaurants, banks and facilities of the town, (including an Olympic size pool complex) are all within easy walking distance. After a day sightseeing or at the beach, the visitor can stroll to an aperitivo at a local bar and have dinner thereafter without having to resort to the car.
If you wish to know something about Barga and the Villa Speranza apartment beforehand, please review the article written by a guest journalist from Virginia in the travel section of his newspaper. You can find the article with photos on www.dailypress.com by clicking on the Travel Page and then go to "Travel Story Gallery" and finally find the article "Bel Canto di Barga."
Barga is ideal for those looking for the unique experience of living in a small mediaeval town with a peaceful environment but with a lively programme of activities. Barga has it’s own 18th century theatre and is renowned for its summer opera and jazz festivals. The restaurants of the area offer traditional Tuscan food and wines at easily affordable prices for the family.
- Booking Notes:
Payment accepted in Sterling, US dollars and other major currencies. Discounts apply for long term bookings.
A small supplement is charged for maid service, preparation and laundry cost. A security deposit is required. Rates include Internet access, an ample supply of linens and all utilities.
Normally Saturday but flexible, depending upon season and other bookings.
Notes on prices:
Maid service is charged at Euro 70 for the 3 bedroom apartment and Euro 50 for the 2 bedroom apartment.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 with pressure shower, bidet, WC and hand basin. Bathroom 2 en-suite with bedroom 3, has Jacuzzi bath tub, separate shower enclosure, twin hand basins, WC and bidet (3 bedroom option) Ground floor guest bathroom, WC, bidet, hand basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 (approx. 5x4 m) with queen size bed or 2 -3 single beds. Bedroom 2 (approx. 4x3 m) with double bed. Bedroom 3 (approx. 7x4 m) with queen size bed (3 bed option) Sleeping acommodation for 2 on convertible sofa bed in ground floor living area.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The owners offer an optional package whereby a holiday period of two weeks or longer can be spent partly in Barga and partly in one of their apartments in Florence. Outside: There is a spacious private west facing terrace on the first floor fitted with adjustable sun awning, table and chairs, ideal for an evening cocktail, light meal or a quiet read. In addition, Piazza San Felice with it’s gardens and panoramic seating areas lies adjacent to the villa. The piazza and the Misericordia gardens are free of traffic and constitute a safe play area for children. Utility Room: Modern washing machine installed on ground floor. Drying rack, ironing board and iron provided. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linens provided. For stays of two weeks or longer, weekly maid service can be provided at a small supplemental cost. Other: Large private covered terrace furnished with sun awning, table, chairs and ornamental plants having views of the town roofscape and mountains beyond -separated from an inner terrace furnished with wicker furniture-convertible to an extra single bedroom.