Villa near Moncarapacho, Eastern Algarve, Portugal - Peaceful, rural location
3 double bedroom large villa with a 6m by 12m private heated pool. Lovely outdoor BBQ and seating area for al fresco dining located next to pool. Set in extensive, enclosed grounds with secure parking. Fully modernised and well-equipped with traditional Portuguese rustic charm. Situated 3km from Moncarapacho, 6km from EN125, 19km from Faro Airport. Tavira, a large coastal town with many amenities is 20 mins drive away and Olhao, a smaller town with a traditional Portuguese market and convenience shops is 15 mins drive from the villa. The villa also has 3 bathrooms, a large modern kitchen, separate indoor dining room and large lounge with widescreen TV with all BBC,ITV, and News Channels. DVD Player and Free WI-FI. It also has a convenient office/reading room with a futon. Many rooms have air-conditioning units, and there are wood burning stoves and heaters.
Top Traveller Review
Perfect home away from home
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
I had a wonderful time at this tranquil villa with my wife and 1 year old daughter. The facilities and accommodation are excellent especially the large pool and I felt we were well looked after.
Gary Broadfield April 2013.
4.3 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Perfect home away from home
We stayed for two weeks at Casa Lucia in August. The house is lovely, very comfortable and had everything we needed. The kitchen in particular is very well equipped and everywhere was clean and tidy. Hot water was always available, the showers really good, and the air conditioning worked a treat keeping rooms nice and cool in the hot weather. The pool area is absolutely fabulous, and we spent much more time at the house and in the pool than we normally do on this kind of holiday (which demonstrates how lovely it was). A few really good restaurants in Moncarapacho but would definitely recommend Caravela, which is looks just like a roadside cafe but serves up the biggest, most tender steak on the stone we've ever had in the Eastern Algarve! Thank you Lucy for making your lovely home available to us.
Nicely presented but had multiple issues...
The property was well presented and the area was very nice. Very Private and spacious. Manager was very friendly and helpful. However, the property is advertised with pool heating and we were told after paying the full payment that the heating system is weather dependent and due to it being cold in an evening it was not heating the pool. We were told to keep the pool cover on as this would help with heating. We used the pool 3 times for about 10 mins a time because as soon as you took the cover off the heat that was there was dispersed and made the pool very cold.
If we had been told this prior to paying the full payment I would have found alternate accommodation as the pull for me and my family to rent this property was being able to stay in a private villa with a private heated pool and spend our time around the property.
A few other issues, we didn't feel the property was clean, pots and pans were dirty and needed washing also, floors needed cleaning.
I generally avoid leaving negative reviews but felt I had no choice under the circumstances.
Superb villa in great area...........
We booked a fortnight at this villa because we loved the look of the pool/dining area and the beautiful sitting room in particular. We had never been to the area and had no idea what to expect! Everything was wonderful, excellent accommodation extremely helpful owner and wonderful places to see, many very close by. We would not hesitate to recommend it.
Activity and Interests
8km to beautiful Olhao beaches and picturesque fishing port. Rio Formosa nature reserve 6km.
Faro airport is 20km (12 miles). Property is easily accessible from the EN125 (Portuguese A road) and A22 (Portuguese motorway).
There are several extremely good family run restaurants in Moncarapacho and local fresh seafood is a speciality of the region. The property is well situated for a day trip to Portugal's only 2 Michelin Star restaurant, in Praia Gale.
There are supermarkets nearby in Moncarapacho and Olhao. Traditional markets sell fresh local, vegetables, meat and fish in Olhao and Moncarapacho.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Deposit £250 (refundable if no breakages), on booking. Full rental fee payable 4 weeks in advance before arrival.
To arrange booking or for any queries email Lucy D'Souza.
No preferred changeover day.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Includes Electricity and Gas.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1. En suite to master bedroom. Shower, WC, basin. Bathroom 2. Adjacent to Bedroom 2. Shower, WC, basin. Main Bathroom. Bath, shower, WC and basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) All bedrooms are air conditioned. Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom. En suite, double bed, wardrobes, bedside cabinets and air conditioning. Bedroom 2. Double bed, electric fan, dressing table. Bedroom 3 Twin beds, fitted wardrobe, dressing table.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Property is air conditioned and the rooms are equipped with fans and heaters. Very suitable for children, cot and highchair can be provided. Outside: The property is surrounded by a secure fence. There is ample, secure space for parking. The gardens contain lime, lemon, fig, olive, almond and apple trees, and the original well. There is a large barbecue terrace next to the private heated pool (6m by 12m) which is easily accessible from the kitchen and the master bedroom. Utility Room: Ironing board and iron, hoover, and all cleaning materials available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Villa cleaned before arrival, mid stay and after departure. Linen and towels included. Cleaning can be arranged during rental period. Please contact our cleaner directly. Gas cylinder and welcome pack provided. Other: Office/reading room with air-conditioning situated between lounge and dining room. Barbecue terrace with large seating area - sofas and sunloungers, next to the pool.