Cottages nearby Lake Bolsena, Grotte di Castro, Viterbo, Lazio - Equidistant Between Florence and Rome, Only 8km away from Lake Bolsena
Il Castello di Santa Cristina. A hidden gem in the heart of Italy - a base from which to explore three beautiful regions of Italy - Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio. Santa Cristina Castle is a peaceful heaven set away from the usual tourist routes, yet easily accessible to many places of interest such as Rome, Florence, Sienna and Orvieto. The location also gives guests unique access to great beaches, countryside, regional cooking and culture stretching across central Italy. Santa Cristina is hidden among lush hills in the heart of a country estate. On offer is the best in comfortable accommodation, peace and relaxation – a haven from the outside world. Count Antonello Caterini and his family, the castle estate owners for over 800 years, will help make your holiday truly memorable. Nearby are restaurants and lakes with great beaches and breathtaking views. Mountain biking, tennis, horse-riding, sailing, rambling and other country pursuits are available.
Details for holiday cottage Granaio 1 , 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, 4 Bathrooms
This apartment is located in the main farmhouse below the castle where once the old granaries of the farm used to be. The windows to the south overlook the main swimming pool and the large terrace at the ground floor. All the apartment is paved with a beautiful ancient terracotta tile floor. At the entrance there is a large living room/dining room with fireplace. Next to it there is a small kitchen but it is fully equipped with dishwasher and washing machine, stove, fridge. From there a long corridor leads into 4 double bed rooms furnished with original iron beds and cupboards. 2 bedrooms have twin beds and 2 have double beds. Each bedroom has its own bathroom en suite.
About the Owner
Antonio Mancini Caterini, hello. Equestrian guide, sporty person, last generation of the family who own the estate since 1700. After many years spent working in the advertising business, now is dedicating himself since 1998 to manage the castle estate by transforming it into a holiday accommodation for people who want to relax and enjoy the fantastic unspoiled countryside and history of this area. To find an eco friendly, sustainable way of producing an income with the estate is my present commitment. If you like :horse riding, bike riding, swimming\snorkelling (Lake Bolsena), tennis :Then come and join me. Otherwise history and environment are other two interesting subjects here. Thank you and hope to see you here soon..
From the Owner
“This estate has always been in my family since 1700.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
painting, photography and cookery holidays. If you are interested in these kind of holiday please call us.
Discover the delights and colours of Autumn in Italy, with camera or paint brush. Be creative and enjoy the taste of your creativity with a cooking course.
There are safe, unspoilt comfortable and attractive beaches very nearby with lakeside restaurants, boating and water sports - just 8 kilometres away - all around the very large freshwater lake Bolsena. If you prefer a beach by the sea then you will find the best beaches about 45 minutes drive through the attractive Tuscan countryside to the very attractive Capalbio beach on the Med where the inhabitants of Rome prefer to spend their leisure time by the sea.
Nearest airports is Rome ( Fumincino) but also Rome Ciampino and Perugia both about an 1.5hrs away by motorway. Although you do not need a car it is strongly recommended that you do hire some form of transport.
The nearest village is about 3 kilometres away. There are so many places to visit in this area you are spoilt for choice. Orvieto and Viterbo are the nearest towns and both are definitely worth a visit .Siena is only 1 hr 15 min away .
There is so much to do and so many places to visit in this area that it would be pointless trying to list them here. However, please visit our website to learn more and find links to places of interest :www.santacristinacastle.com .
- Changeover Day:
Preferred changeover day is Saturday. Arrive after 15:00 hours - depart 10:00 hours. However, we are flexible and sometimes we are able to accommodate our guests starting on different days .
- Available arrival
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: All cottages have gas central heating for the cold winter nights, although, even in late november it can be warm enough not to need heating. Of course, for the off-season guest, as Santa Cristina is in the heart of the forest, there is plenty of wood to burn to enjoy a cosy fireside evening with a glass of local wine and a good book. Outside: The large pool is shared with other guests and is attended each day by the estate gardienne. The grounds of the castle are well tended and you can play tennis, football, volleyball or badmington. There are stables with 10 horses attended by a qualified riding instructor who will happily give lessons or for experienced riders organize treks for couple of hours or all day with a picnic by the lake. There are many walks and not too far away is a lake that makes for a quiet and peaceful place to while away an hour or two, in the evening sunshine, before dinner.