Villa in Lanjaron, Las Alpujarras, Andalucia - Secluded And Tranquil Location Between Orgiva And Lanjaron
Situated amongst olives groves with amazing views is El Rincon del Viento – a creatively designed and luxuriously decorated villa on the outskirts of the spa town of Lanjaron in Las Alpujarras, south of Granada, Andalucia, southern Spain. The house is available to rent as a luxury holiday home and sleeps 8 people. It is the ideal villa for those wanting a ‘get away from the crowds’ holiday, as the location is splendid, secluded and very peaceful. However, when you require a bit more activity, the market town of Orgiva is just 10 minutes drive, as is the lovely spa town of Lanjaron. And within 45 minutes you can be in Granada viewing the amazing Alhambra Palace or eating lobster on the beach in Salobreña. For those wanting even more exertion, the ski resort is just an hour away and walking into the high mountains of the Sierra Nevada including Mulhácen, the highest peak of Spain, is also close by. The landscaped gardens and large pool are a delight. There is even a small children’s pool.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
"This was our second visit to this villa/ It has a fantastic pool with regular maintenance by Andrew who also provides good local information and help during the stay. The house was immaculately clean and there is a fabulous selection of kitchen and utility equipment. There is also good back up when help is needed. We were delighted to receive British TV - I didn't miss the final of Masterchef or the highlights of the Commonwealth Games!! The villa is of high standard and the bathrooms have great showers. The Villa is well placed for exploring along the coast or inland. I would recommend hiring a car that has good ground clearance as the lane to the Villa is a dirt track in places. Avis were brilliant at the airport. It is rural but easy to go into the local towns for the daily bread, etc. Food is cheap locally and there are excellent supermarkets a short drive to Motril. There is also a goat farm below the Villa which is lovely to see the animals being taken out to graze in the valleys and then being brought home late in the evening by their shepherd. It is very peaceful and relaxing - a definite Chill Zone. Now planning our third visit for 2015!" Deborah, July 2014
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Bird watching day trips with local, expert guide.
Walking, hiking, scrambling, climbing trips available through local company.
Cheese making day courses
The Costa Tropical is 30/45 minutes by car and includes the lovely beaches of Salobreña, Almuñecar and La Herradura. All have good seafood restaurants on the beach.
Granada airport is approximately 45 mins away and there are direct flights from London City Airport in the UK. Also flights from other major Spanish cities eg Barcelona, if people are considering a 2 locations holiday, it is then possible to take an internal flight to Granada. Malaga Airport is approx. 2 and half hours drive and has many flights from around the UK and Europe.
Lanjaron is the nearest town to the villa and is approx. 10 mins by car. Lanjaron is a spa town and is famed for its healing waters. Orgiva is about 10 mins by car. The White Villages of Pampaniera, Bubion and Capileira are approx. 40 mins drive.
Lanjaron has many good quality shops, restaurants and banks and also has the famous Spa for health and beauty treatments from a relaxing hot bath to a full massage. Orgiva has an interesting market on a Thursday and a Rastro (car boot sale) at the recreation ground on the Rio Chico on the first and third Sunday of each month. Activities can be arranged through the local tourist offices. The tourist office in Pampaneira arranges guided walks, mountain bike rides, ski touring. Walking in the mountains of the Alpujarras is close by and either you can purchase maps or arrange a walking guide. We highly recommend www.spanishhighs.co.uk We can arrange on-site Reflexology (foot massage therapy) and Holistic massage sessions for you. Also available are Cheese Making Workshops where you can learn to make your own cheese using locally sourced goat's milk. You will learn the process and make your own cheese to keep. Buffet lunch is included in the price. Bird Watching trips are also available with an expert guide. Outside catering available on demand. For information on all these additional activities please make enquiries when booking.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Jul 2017 - 5 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £127 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please call or email to request availability. On confirmation a 25% deposit will be requested and the final 75% paid 8 weeks prior to your arrival. If there is less than 8 weeks, the total amount is requested upon confirmation.
On arrival in the Lanjaron area, you will be met and taken to the house.
The house is on un-made road 2.6 km from the main road.
The preferred arrival and departure day is Wednesday, but this can be flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros.
The price for 2 people is 1000 euros per week, and then increases by every 2 additional persons. The price for a six person occupancy is 1600 euros per week, and 1850 euros for a total of 8 people per week.
Prices quoted include linen and towels. You will be greeted and taken to the villa on your arrival day. You may access the villa after 4pm on the day of arrival. You should vacate the villa by 10am on the departure day.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite bathroom with bath and shower to bedroom 1. En-suite bathroom with bath and shower to bedroom 2. Bedroom 3 and 4 share a bathroom with bath and shower. Separate WC/washroom on lounge and kitchen level.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and terrace plus small office space Bedroom 2 with double bed and terrace plus small office space Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds and terrace. Bedroom 4 with double bed and terrace.
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The property is ideal for small groups and families. The villa is in the countryside so children should be supervised when in the grounds and by the pool. The property is 2.6km from the main road on an un-made track. The track is suitable for normal cars but care must be taken. Outside: There is a gas barbecue, sun loungers and outside dining furniture. The kidney shaped pool is a approx. 12 metres and has a small separate children's pool. The pools and gardens are for the exclusive use of guests. The gardens are extensive and beautifully landcaped with a lavender and cacti gardens amongst many other flowers, herbs and shrubs. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and the property is cleaned for your arrival. If you stay for two weeks, you will receive clean linen after one week.