Villa in Kiziltas, Kalkan, Turkey - 10/15 minutes Walking Distance from the Centre of Kalkan
Villa Rhapsody is located in a quiet and elevated position offering fabulous views across the Mediterranean Coastline and surrounding Taurus Mountains. The villa is ideally situated within easy reach of the regions many historical sites and areas of natural beauty as well as Kalkan's wonderful array of quality restaurants which are a few minutes drive or taxi ride away. The villa can accommodate up to 4 guests and is stylishly furnished as the owner often uses the villa as a Winter retreat. The property in brief comprises of: Open plan dining and fully fitted kitchen with breakfast bar, lounge with satelite TV,DVD, furnished sun lounge with CD player and there is also a downstairs wc. On the 1st floor there are 2 double bedrooms with on-suite shower facilities, built in wardrobes, with separate access off each bedroom to the furnished balcony. Upstairs there is a furnished Roof Terrace with bar area. Outside is the Pool, Patio and Garden. The villa is also fully air-conditioned.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
Grahame, I have just spent a fantastic 2 weeks at your villa in Kalkan, what terrific views. I may indeed wish to return next year especially with your offer on tarif, however I will have to let you know later. To be honest we loved Kalkan so much we are actively looking for property ourselves,Turkey is much better than we had anticipated, do you have any insider tips on Kalkan or buying etc? Again many thanks excellent! Steve & Pam Locker.
Activity and Interests
Unless you have already have hired a car, it is then recommended that you take a taxi from the centre of Kalkan to its surrounding coast line and beaches which are about 5 to 10 minutes drive away which will cost about between 25 - 35 YTL (£8 - £10).
Dalaman is the nearest airport to Kalkan and is open all year and is used by Fly Thomas Cook, Flybe, Easy Jet, Ryan Air etc. Collection from Dalaman Airport can be arranged and costs £60 for up to 3 passengers and £75 for 4 -6 and the journey takes about 1 1/2 hours. It is suggested that if you plan to do any sightseeing whilst on vacation that you hire a car in advance as you will then always have transportation available for use. Car hire can also be arranged upon receipt of written request.
The villa itself is located in the Kiziltas area of Kalkan and the hire of car is a useful extra as it is about a 10-15 minute walk (downhill) to the centre of Kalkan but is nearly double that for the return (uphill) journey. Having a car is not essential but it does however provide you with the flexibility of movement and is always there when you need it, especially if one plans to do some sight seeing etc. In addition, there is a Dolmus service (local bus) that stops close by.
The historic town of Kalkan is situated on Turkey's fabulous Lycian Coast and was once a simple Turkish / Greek fishing village. Today's Kalkan however is completely different and is quietly sophisticated and postcard pretty with some good quality low-rise hotels and privately owned villas, a multitude of excellent roof-top restaurants offering all manner of culinary delights, together with a good selection of stylish and atmospheric blues and jazz bars. Unlike some other Turkish coastal resorts, Kalkan's main economy is derived from tourism and consequently it's inhabitants put a lot of time, effort and pride into preserving their town's historic back ground. As a result of this is, there are very strict building regulations in place that have to be adhered to, so that the town can maintain its special charm and ambiance. The wonderful hospitality that is generated by the Kalkan public, is another reason why most first-time visitors invariably return time after time. The village shops stay open 'til around midnight and are well stocked with interesting antiques, crafts, jewellery, carpets and clothing. The narrow streets of the old part of town are lined with whitewashed shuttered buildings festooned with brightly coloured bougainvillea intermingled with shops and terrace-topped restaurants. These streets twist and turn down to the harbour area, which is the focus of the village and where you can enjoy a meal or a drink whilst watching the world go by or by looking at the array of elegant 'gullets' (type of boat). During the day, you can make use of one of the many 'beach clubs', visit the local market (Thursday) or engage in some of the local sporting activities (such as water-skiing, parascending, scuba diving, trekking etc), take a trip to one of the historical sites, drive up into the mountains, cruise on a gullet or just simply relax by your pool.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Oct 2016 - 14 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
For anyone who wants to rent my property for more than a week, a 20% Discount for the 2nd or partially booked 2nd week is provided against the 1st Week Rental Price:-
For example say you wanted to rent my property from 15th June to 29th June 2016 for a period of 14 nigths then the 1st Week's Rental Price would be £735 and the 2nd Week Rental Price would be £588 (£735*.8) with an Overall Rental Price payable of £1,323 (£735+£588)
An 'Advance Deposit' of £150 is required for all bookings and is fully refundable at the end of the rental period providing no damage has been incurred to either the interior or exterior of the property.
To make & confirm reservations please contact me - (Grahame Cox) by e-mail quoting Ref TK471 - Villa Rhapsody and for payment, airport transfers and car hire details etc.
Changeover Day: Flexible
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- smoking allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Downstairs Toilet - Toilet, Bidet
- Both of the bedrooms have fully tiled en-suite shower facilities complete with low level wc and wash hand basin with storage area underneath.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main bedroom with double bed, built-in wardrobe, storage space, dressing table etc. and on-suite facilities 2nd Bedroom with two single beds, built-in wardrobe, storage space etc. and on-suite facilities Both bedrooms are air conditioned as well as having ceiling fans and each have separate access onto the balcony which overlooks the pool, patio & garden area and also has spectacular views across the Mediterranean and mountains to the rear of the property
- Notes on accommodation: The open plan downstairs area and both of the bedrooms have split level air-conditioning (cold/warm air) units and ceiling fans in them. A wrought iron hand rail has been fixed to wall of the stairs to assist people climbing up and going down the stairs, which are quite steep. The double glazed sun lounge provides an extra room where one can relax and listen to music without being disturbed or disturbing others who want to watch TV or a DVD in the main lounge area - or perhaps just to simply 'chill out' in and enjoy the views across Kalkan and the Mediterranean coast at night. On the roof terrace, there is a covered pergola with privacy screens, furniture, granite top bar area with fridge, sink, etc where you can sit and enjoy a relaxing drink whilst watching the sun go down over Kalkan and the Mediterranean. In the open plan kitchen area there is a marble top breakfast bar complete with seating whilst around the pool/patio area there are sun beds etc. Outside: Outside the property, there is a decent sized private pool and garden area which is regularly maintained by the Property Maintenance company I utilize. There are four sun beds and a two blue and white striped sunshade deck chairs available for use around the pool area. There is also a parking area in the road outside the front of the villa that can accommodate a maximum of two (2) vehicles. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are provided and the property is regularly maintained and cleaned by Lycian Coast Homes. Additional cleaning / laundry services can be provided upon request and are payable directly to the Property Maintenance company. Other: There is a downstairs toilet with low level wc and wash hand basin just before the stairs leading up to the bedrooms. At the top of the property there is a roof terrace and pergolla where you can watch the sun go down over Kalkan after a day in the sun.