Villa in Praia da Luz, Western Algarve, Portugal - Quiet Location, Short Walk to the Beach and Town
This villa has a private 9 x 5m swimming pool, which is heated all year round. We have a stylish stone BBQ and beautifully furnished terrace area, is ideal for relaxing and alfresco dining. It is equipped with 6 quality sun loungers and outdoor dining furniture both on the upper terrace and round the pool. There is also an outdoor shower and sink. The villa is just a short stroll to the beach. The sweeping sandy beach of Praia da Luz is ideal for families as it offers safe bathing as well as many types of water sports, there are also many lovely restaurants for you to sample. The villa also benefits from use of facilities at the nearby Aparthotel (excluding July and August) including a large swimming pool and baby pool, bar, internet access, pool table and UK sports TV. A short drive away is the historic town of Lagos, which has many restaurants and bars, and a modern marina. This villa offers great year round accommodation to families and golfers alike. We are currently adding wifi for guests to use in 2015.
Top Traveller Review
Great house, super holiday!
About the Owner
Hello, my name is Jenny Clive and welcome to our villa. I am married with two children and I live in London. I thoroughly enjoy managing our holiday villa bookings, and sharing my experiences and highlights of Praia da Luz with our customers. I often speak to our customers and welcome any questions on the villa or Praia da Luz.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Thank you so much for letting us use your fabulous villa - we all had a brilliant holiday' - August 2009.
'Loved the villa and Luz' - July 2009.
'What a fantastic villa, we couldn't fault it' - June 2008.
1 holidaymaker review
Great house, super holiday!
There was a cab arranged to pick us up and the driver was there waiting with a sign. It was a perfect start and everything continued that way. The house was spotless, well maintained and had everything we needed from pots to pool toys. We had plenty of space for two families, the beds were comfortable and the showers had plenty of hot water and were easy to manage. The pool was heated and checked while we were there. It was a lovely walk into town and we had small kids and a buggy with us. We found a file full of information on what to do and where to go. Best of all were the blackout blinds which meant everyone got to sleep in late. My only concern was the railing on the terrace had very wide gaps which meant we had to be vigilant about closing the patio door and also while we were eating outside with a very small but mobile child. There are shops and restaurants a 5 minutes walk away. We didn't have a car and did not need one. The beach is lovely, very family orientated with loads to do including a kids water sports day which my 10 year old loved. A great family holiday and big thumbs up!
From the Owner
“Thank you for taking the time to review our villa. I have been holidaying in the pretty town of Praia da Luz for over 15 years now, and love it just as much now as the first time I visited. We think it has it all, a pretty town, many shops and restaurants and beautiful beach. Having two children means we need lots of space, and that is exactly what this villa offers. It is light and airy, spread over 3 levels, and easily accommodates two large families and large parties. It is positioned just on the edge of Praia da Luz, close enough to walk to the town, but in an elevated position, close to the sea, the views are just stunning. It is quiet and peaceful, and we just love the surroundings. From the roof terrace you have uninterupted views of Luz and right towards Burgau.”
Activity and Interests
The villa is in an enviable position, just a 10 minute walk to the beach. The sweeping sandy beach, which has a Blue Flag rating, is ideal for families as it offers safe bathing as well as many types of water sports.
Praia da Luz is less than an hours drive from Faro airport. Car hire is recommended if you wish to explore further afield, although there are good train connections from Faro to Lagos and taxis' can be pre booked or picked up outside the airport (the cost from Faro to Praia da Luz being approx Eur 80). Places of interest aside from the beach include Slide and Splash at Lagoa and Aqualand at Alcantarilha. In addition, Zoomarine, a large aquatic based theme park, is also worth a visit.
The pretty town of Praia da Luz is a small resort which means that all facilities are easy walking distance from the villa. Only 6 minutes drive away is the historic town of Lagos, with its walled old town and modern marina. Additional beaches and villages are a short drive away, Burgau and Salema to name a few. The beautiful west coast beaches can be reached within a 30 min drive and come highly recommended.
Praia da Luz has many wonderful restaurants, beach bars and cafes and all the amenities a holiday resort should provide, including a chemist and private doctor, supermarkets, banks and cash points. We do recommend you book restaurants in advance, especially in peak season, and should you need any recommendations, we have all the telephone numbers of the best restaurants in town!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please see website link, below, for full booking conditions.
Saturday is our preferred changeover day. However we are flexible to our clients needs, and therefore we would always try and accommodate your booking requirements. Entry is after 2pm on day of arrival and departure is by 10am on day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Discounts available for long winter lets. Please get in touch for further details.
20% deposit on booking, balance due 8 weeks prior to departure.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Travelling and holidaying with children can be stressful, so we have tried to equip our villa in such a way, that it is child friendly, whilst maintaining a clutter free and welcoming atmosphere. Once you arrive, we are sure you will love the little extras we provide, such as toys and books, board games, DVDs, baby monitors, bed guards and stair gates. We aim to make it easy for you, and ensure your stay at our villa is relaxing and stress free. Our pool is always heated too, ensuring a welcome swim whatever the weather. We work closely with our local villa manager, Jane, and her team of hard working cleaners to ensure the villa is always impeccably presented. Last summer we added a lovely stone BBQ to our upper terrace, which really makes for fantastic alfresco dining.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite bathroom to Master bedroom: separate bath with over shower, wc, sink, bidet, separate walk-in shower. Family bathroom with bath with over shower, wc, sink and bidet. Upstairs cloakroom with wc and sink.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 + cot (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, King size bed. Bedrooms 2, 3 and 4, twin beds. All bedrooms have built in wardrobes with shelf, hanging and draw space. Hangers are provided. We also provide a travel cot for babies. Extra bed(s) on request. Hair dryers provided.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: All our rooms have air-conditioning units, which double as heaters for cooler periods of the year. There is a wood burning fire in the lounge for winter use. We provide a safe for the storage of valuables. Retractable stair gate on inside staircase and gate on upper outside terrace. All windows and doors have electric shutters. Due to the stairs, our villa is not suitable for wheelchairs. Outside: The roof terrace provides spectacular sea views of Luz Bay and headland. Our upper terrace leading from the living area offers you the use of our stone BBQ and lovely rattan patio furniture, ideal for barbeques and alfresco dining. A tiled staircase leads to our private heated swimming pool, which is approx 9x5m. The heated pool makes this villa appealing for year round holidays. Pool side we provide sun loungers and outdoor dining furniture. There is also an outdoor shower and sink. Access to the pool from bedrooms 2 and 3 also, via patio doors. Utility Room: Washing machine located in basement. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided, but please bring your own beach towels for use round the pool and for the beach. The villa is cleaned twice weekly, and the towels and linens changed once a week. Welcome grocery pack can be pre ordered. Other: There is a large carport adjacent to the front door which opens into a spacious hallway and upstairs bathroom.