Villa in Rotonda West, Charlotte County, Florida Gulf Coast - Peaceful Location Close To Golf Courses And Sandy Beaches
This luxuriously furnished 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom villa with solar heated pool and freshwater canal view, is located in the peaceful setting of Rotonda, which is nestled between Sarasota and Fort Myers. The villa is within walking distance of Long Marsh Golf Club and only a short drive to numerous other golf courses in the area. In addition, the beautiful beaches of the Gulf, most of which have BBQ and shower facilities, are only 15 minutes away, as is Port Charlotte with its shopping malls. Rotonda encompasses 20,000 acres attractively developed with high quality homes, set amongst canals, golf courses and green belt lands. It is also a nature reserve and bird sanctuary, where a huge variety of birds and animals call Rotonda home. Our communication package includes television, free wireless internet if you wish to take your lap top or ipad, and free telephone calls within the USA and Canada.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful villa, a real slice of heaven
About the Owner
Bernard and Lynda live in Rustington West Sussex and my brother Roger and sister-in-law Jennifer live close by in East Preston West Sussex.
We both have 2 sons and and each has a son living in Melbourne Australia.
All four of us enjoy playing golf, keep fit, beach walks and holidays in Florida.
5 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
Beautiful villa, a real slice of heaven
Wow having stayed in many villas in Florida this one was like a home away from home, having everything and so much more. The lanai beside the pool was where we sat a lot and watched plenty of wildlife and enjoyed the peace and tranquility. Also enjoyed watching the alligators swim about in the canal each day. Enjoyed the local beach which was only 10 mins down the road with plenty of parking and lots of room to relax or swim, then went to Sarasota to Floridas no 1 beach, pure white powdered sand and clear blue sea and only a 50min drive away. If you are looking for a peaceful slice of Florida with beautiful beaches on your door step and everything you need within driving distance then look no further and choose this villa as the owners have gone above and beyond to make you feel right at home. All in all a beautiful, clean, homely and very comfortable villa in a beautiful part of Florida that you can't afford not to miss
Very nice villa and exactly as shown in the photos
We saw several alligators swimming past in the canal. This is the first villa we have stayed in that had an outside covered lanai area, which was a brilliant place to sit under to escape the intensity of the midday sun but still be outside by the pool, as well as to sit outside and watch some spectacular evening thunderstorms. We had a great time relaxing by the pool as well as visiting some beautiful local beaches, sea temperature was very warm and one life guard station listed it as 30oC. We also went on a couple of local boat trips and kayak tours. There is also many great seafood restaurants around the area as well as the usual steak houses. For shoppers there’s Charlotte town centre mall not far away plus a couple of really good outlet parks, Ellenton was our favourite which was just over an hour away.
Great location, and a perfect holiday home
Although we didn't see any alligators in the canal, the existing reviews are 100% accurate, and the standards of quality, cleanliness and comfort exceeded expectations, and we had a great holiday. Location is excellent for reaching local beaches, and trips to Venice, Naples and Sarasota....but it was also good to use the bikes, and just chill out by the pool. We want to return at some point in the future.
Attach another star
Do you ever wonder that the villa you have just booked will live up
to the description that the owners enthral about ? Have no fear, if
I could award another star for this fabulous villa I would,absolutely
everything has been thought about from bikes to batteries ,this villa
is as beautiful as described .The furnishing are straight out of a magazine but feels like a well loved home full of happy holiday memories . We explored most of the surrounding area including Naples,
Venice,Siesta Beach , Longboat Key most of which are only a short drive
away, loved Englewood Beach. Take a tip, instead of turning left take a right you never know where you will end up but it will be exciting . After a full day out there is nothing nicer than a dip in the pool and a long slow drink, now where's next years Callander ?
PS. How could I forget ,a credit to the owners.
Spent 5 nights at this wonderful bungalow after spending time in Kissimmee & Daytona Beach. We are 4 adults, late 40s, early 50s.We wanted a place to relax and were not disappointed. Spent most of the time by the pool, plenty of space for the four of us and would easily cope with 2 more. Lots of wildlife to watch near / in the canal.
Convenient location, 5 minutes to Winn Dixie, 8 mins to Walmart 15/ 20 minute drive to nearest beaches & 15 minutes into Port Charlotte where the main restaurants are.
We ate under the lanai most evenings enjoying the lovely weather and sunset.
If we venture down this part of the world again we'd have no hesitation in choosing this place again.
Roger, the owner, is extremely efficient & professional in all my dealings with him.
Stunning villa in a perfect location and extremely helpful owners. This is the cleanest villa we have ever stayed in Management company are wonderful. The whole are is very clean and the "locals" are helpful and friendly. The waterside location is perfect for watching the abundant wildlife - just heaven!
From the Owner
“All four of us have been going to Florida for 10 years before deciding to purchase a property between us. We chose Rotonda, as it is so peaceful and quiet, yet only 15 minutes from the wonderful beaches of Boca Grande and Englewood. Once you leave the tranquility of Rotonda, you are only 5 minutes from the many restaurants and shops. There are 4 golf courses on Rotonda, and we are lucky enough to be 400 yards from one of them. If you like wildlife, then this is the place to be. We have seen numerous tropical birds, alligators, wild pigs, otters and bobcats.”
Activity and Interests
Nearby white sandy beaches are within 15 mins drive and include Englewood and Stump Pass, long known as Florida's best kept secrets, and Boca Grande, a multi millionaire paradise. Most have picnic areas, BBQ facilities and showers. Boating, fishing, water skiing and other water based activities are also available. Sarasota and Siesta Key Beach can easily be reached in 55 minutes.
There is a choice of airports: Tampa is approx 95 mins, Orlando 2½ hours, Miami 3 hours, Fort Myers 50 mins and Sarasota 45 mins. Car hire is essential.
Local shopping at Walmart, Publix and Winn Dixie are all within 5 to 10 mins. Port Charlotte Mall etc is 15 mins. Theme Parks: Busch Gardens - Tampa 90 mins, Disney area - Orlando 2½ hours. Other places of interest include Everglades National Park 2 hours and Miami 3 hours and 25 mins.
Local amenities, shops and restaurants all within 10 mins. Rotonda Community Park is 5 mins away which offers a children's play area and free tennis and BBQ facilities where you can either walk or cycle. There is an internet facility at Englewood library. This villa is cared for by an excellent local management company, who are on hand if necessary, to assist you during your stay.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Dec 2016 - 15 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 20% deposit is required to secure booking. The remaining balance being due 8 weeks before holiday dates, together with a returnable security deposit cheque of £150 to be held against breakages/damage etc.
Changeover day flexible. Arrival time 4pm. Departure time 11 am.
Notes on prices:
Discounts available for bookings of more than 3 weeks. Rates include local taxes, electricity, water, air-conditioning, telephone calls within the USA, internet access and final clean for 2 weeks rental or longer. Rentals of less than 2 weeks will incur a final clean charge of £30.
Solar heating for the pool is included in the rental. Additional electric heating is available at £50 pw. Ideal for keeping an even temperature during the cooler months of Nov-Apr. This is payable at time of booking.
A 20 percent deposit is required at the time of booking, with the balance payable 8 weeks prior to your arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We provide everything you require for your perfect holiday. Swimming pool, tranquil setting, beach umbrella and 4 chairs, cool boxes, tennis rackets, cable TV, free internet access, 4 adult bicycles and 1 child bicycle and 2 sets of golf clubs. We are 2 minutes from Rotonda Community Park, that has 2 free tennis courts and a childrens play area. At the end of the day, sit out on the high diner with your drinks, and watch the sunset as it disappears over the canal.”
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- 1625 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to master bedroom with his and her marble basins, walk-in shower and jacuzzi style bath tub. Bathroom 2 has marble hand basins and walk-in shower and both bathrooms come with hair dryers. Pool bathroom has hand basin and toilet.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Triple aspect master bedroom with Queen size sled bed, walk-in wardrobe and direct access to the lanai and pool via patio doors. Bedroom 2 triple aspect room has a Queen size bed, wardrobe and access to the pool. Bedroom 3 has twin beds and wardrobe.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- 4 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: In this smoke free home we provide the following additional facilities - 4 adult bicycles; 1 child bicycle and helmet; 4 tennis rackets; 4 beach chairs, beach umbrella and cool box.There is also a large and varied library, a selection of Dvd's and games (non electronic) and various childrens' beach and pool toys. Wire free internet has been installed to enable you to use your lap top from any room in the house. Outside: The villa has an extended caged patio area, 50 foot by 20 foot, which includes a heated shower, a 25 x 12 foot solar heated pool with removable safety screen, plus a covered lanai with views of the freshwater canal, and the sun as it rises at the break of dawn. This allows you plenty of space to relax in the sun (all year round) or underneath the lanai if you prefer the shade. As you lounge around the pool, it is very interesting to observe the many species of birds that use our canal, such as herons and egrets. A gas BBQ, patio furniture and sun loungers are also provided, together with a 'high dining bistro set' for those relaxing sundowners. This also gives you a perfect sighting of the sun as it sets over the canal at the end of another day in paradise. Utility Room: Situated next to the kitchen, this area is fitted with cupboards, and has access to the double garage. Washing machine, tumble dryer and sink. A supply of linen, towels and beach towels are included in the rental price. The property is cleaned before and after your stay when a full change of linen and towels is supplied. Other: Due to the extended outside patio living area, four rooms have direct access to the caged pool via patio/french doors. All main rooms have a view of the freshwater canal, which is a natural habitat for many species of birds. Main TV is a 37" flat screen