Duplex Penthouse Apartment in Kalkan Old Town, Turkey - A Genuine 2 mins stroll to Kalkan's Restaurants, Beach and Harbour
The Sahane Apartment is a new luxury duplex apartment featuring a spectacular penthouse with private wraparound roof terrace. It enjoys an unrivalled location in Kalkan's historic 'Old Town', only a genuine 2 min stroll to Kalkan’s restaurants, harbour and beach (no taxi needed!). The 3 bedroom Sahane offers panoramic sea views from every room, which all have private balconies from which to enjoy the best view in Kalkan. There is also a beautiful pool and sunbathing area shared with only 2 other apts. The lounge balcony & roof terrace are furnished with tables and chairs for eating al fresco or taking in the Mediterranean before you. The private roof terrace is also furnished with sun beds, parasol and has a built in private bbq for guest use. The fully air-conditioned property is finished to an exceptionally high standard, is tastefully furnished throughout and includes all you would expect from a luxury holiday home.
Top Traveller Review
Fantastic apartment in the perfect location
Sue and Sean
About the Owner
We are Sue and Sean Flynn and we have just purchased the beautiful Villa Sultaniye. We have been visiting Kalkan for about 12 years and are lucky enough to have several Kalkan properties already, all wonderful apartments so we are delighted to have a villa too. We currently live in the UK and visit Kalkan 4-5 times in and out of the season. Hopefully in the future we will be fortunate enough to be able to spend longer periods of time in this wonderful location.
Guestbook comments from the manager
"The apartment was wonderful. We definitely prefer being close to the town. Samet was wonderful and only too happy to help us when we asked. Even if I try hard to give some constructive comments, I am at a loss. There was more than expected supplied:
·The abundance of power adapters made life so easy
·The availability of beach towels was so useful
·Hairdryers in each room was fantastic and a decent iron great"
Mr W Shropshire
"We had a wonderful holiday in your apartment. We holiday 3 times a year in apts and yours ranks among the best. Samet was charming, helpful and efficient. The apt was immaculate and the position was amazing. Thanks once again."
“Your apartment is perfect. We made good use of the pool as the weather was wonderfully hot. Everything we needed was in the apt and we loved the water cooler. Great location, near to shops & restaurants, yet very quiet at night. Spent the evenings on the roof terrace admiring the view over Kalkan bay."
4.9 based on 10 holidaymaker reviews
Fantastic apartment in the perfect location
Just back from a super week in Kalkan, staying at Sahane apartment. The apartment is excellent and a real 'home from home' feel with every appliance you need to make your stay extremely comfortable. Sue and Sean did everything they could to make our holiday as easy as possible and even organised airport transfers. The management team met us on arrival and the apartment was cleaned every day (usually when my friends were having their siesta!!), and what a fantastic bunch of people they were. The apartment is ideal for a group of friends or a family as it is spacious, has amazing outdoor space, and a very clean and well maintained pool, which helped us cool off during the hottest part of the day. The upper balcony has a bbq - which is a bonus if you want to do something different for lunch/dinner, but we ate out most evenings - most of the restaurants are good quality and would highly recommend Kalamaki, Aubergine and Paprika - early/late evening cocktails in Black and gold and also amazing coffee and cake in The Old Town house!! The apartment is in an excellent location 2 mins to the nearest shop, local restaurants, bars and the harbour - would highly recommend and will definitely be back and a huge thanks to Sue and Sean for all their help - you haven't seen the last of us!!!!
Great apartment in fantastic location
My husband, two children and I recently spent a week in Kalkan. The flat was great; we were blown away by the stunning sea views and it was only a short walk from the lovely restaurants that the town has to offer. The flat was clean and well-equipped with everything from cooking equipment to beach towels to detailed information about Kalkan and its surroundings. The welcome hamper was also a nice surprise when we arrived.
Sue has been very friendly and helpful in all her communication and I really can't recommend the flat highly enough.
Apartment Location Fantastic
Apartment Views Fantastic
Our recent stay at Sahane Apartment
We wanted to write and say thanks to Sue for her fantastic help with organising our stay at Sahane. The apartment was just as good as described (if not better). We couldn't have asked for a better location, very central, yet private and quiet. The onsite team were extremely cheerful and helpful and always present albeit in a very discreet way. This apartment is an absolute must if you want easy access to town, luxurious surroundings and privacy.
This property is in a perfect location within Kalkan. Within a two minute walk, you are in the centre, surrounded by lovely restaurants, bars and shops. The apartment is really lovely - very clean, well maintained and all the facilities you need. The management company are really friendly and so helpful - nothing is too much trouble for them. The view from the top bedroom is fantastic and a huge selling point - we spent many an evening watching the sun go down from there. I can honestly say that we will be going back to Kalkan in the near future (this was our third time as we absolutely love Kalkan) and we would highly recommend this apartment and hope to be staying there again. There are too many fabulous restaurants to recommend, we enjoyed all of them that we ate in - the food is fabulous here and the people are so warm and welcoming. Thanks to Sue and Sean for their well organised preparation for us - they made the process hassle free. The beach clubs are well worth a visit and the girls loved scuba diving. A boat trip is an absolute must and the most relaxing day we had. Many thanks, Allison, Ian and girls
fantastic is the only way I can put it nothing but absolutely fantastic
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Kalkan is ideal for all types of water activities from water skiing to scuba diving. Kalkan Bay also has a Blue Flag Award for cleanliness. Walkers and hikers are well catered for with the ancient Lycian Way on the doorstep. This passes directly through the town making it ideal for anyone wanting to walk part of the extensive, picturesque route. Early morning horse riding lessons are available on Patara Beach and during the summer months Yoga classes are available on the sea front at the renowned Villa Mahal, only a short water taxi away. Kalkan also provides many opportunities for sketching, painting or photography as its flora and fauna never fails to inspire.
A local restaurant called Gurus has been recently featured in a national UK newspaper and is popular for its Turkish cookery classes which are a great way to meet new people in an informal setting and enjoy and introduction to delicious Turkish cuisine.
Kalkan itself has an attractive pebble beach that is only a 2 minute stroll away. The picturesque turquoise waters of ‘Kaputas Beach’ is about 10 mins drive away (taxis are plentiful and there is a regular dolmus service) - real Robinson Crusoe land! Patara Beach, often renowned as one of the world's best beaches is about only a 15 min drive. Kalkan's bustling harbour also provides gulet trips for relaxing days out. There are also many beach clubs nearby, which offer free taxi services.
Kalkan is reached via Dalaman airport, from which we can help you to arrange a transfer. Dalaman is only 90 mins away and is serviced by most airlines from the UK (First Choice, Thomas Cook, Thomson, Easyjet and Jet 2 etc etc), operating from most regional airports. We will be happy to assist with locating flights and booking transfers.
Kalkan is at the very heart of ancient Lycia and as such many historical sites are close by, including Xanthos, Letoon, Pinara, Tlos and Patara. Kekova, Demre, Myra, Phaselis, Olympos and Aspendos are also within reach, as are the attractive harbour towns of Fethiye and Kas. The historical ghost village of Kaya (Greek ghost town, subject of Louis de Berniere's 'Birds without Wings') is also worth a visit.
Kalkan is a small harbour village with winding cobbled streets and alleyways, which has expanded gradually over recent years. The ancient old town retains its original character, surrounded by the awesome Taurus mountains. At its centre lies the harbour with a mix of local fishing craft, traditional gulets and visiting yachts. There is a wealth of superb restaurants, the best to be had in coastal Turkey and for which Kalkan is most famous. Here you will find menus to suit all pockets and tastes. These are mainly situated along the harbour front or on roof terraces offering excellent views over the sea, superb fresh fish and seafood. A wonderful evening can be enjoyed in a relaxing ambience soaking up the atmosphere of the village at night. Many of these restaurants feature annually in reports provided by national newspapers in the UK. Although sophisticated and chic, these have still retained their Turkish charm. Shops are very good quality with a range of merchandise available from arts and crafts to ‘designer’ handbags. There is a range of boutique style bag shops that hold many bargains compared to UK prices. There is also an excellent weekly Thursday market providing many opportunities for bargain hunting from t-shirts and jeans to spices and local farmer’s food produce. There are a number of banks with ATM machines and a Post Office both in the village.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2016 - 31 May 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jun 2016 - 30 Jun 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jul 2016 - 31 Aug 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
1 Sep 2016 - 30 Sep 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% (minimum £200) non-refundable deposit is required to secure booking. Balance payable 12 weeks prior to arrival. A refundable damage/breakages deposit is required 12 weeks prior to arrival. This will be returned on clearance by local agent, approx 1 week after departure. Guests preferring to waive the breakage deposit can pay a one off fee of £20, again 12 weeks prior to departure. Guests also receive complementary quality toiletries on arrival.
Changeover day is flexible though please check with owner as this needs to fall in line with existing bookings. Check in time is 3pm and and checkout time is 11am though again this is flexible wherever possible. Staff are also able to store luggage.
Notes on prices:
Discounts available for smaller parties or extended durations.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Luxury en suite bathroom to penthouse bedroom, with WC, walk-in shower, wash basin and mirrors. Fully travertine tiled. Luxury travertine house bathroom with WC, walk-in shower, wash basin and mirrors. Fully tiled.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 spectacular king size penthouse suite with en-suite. Private wraparound roof terrace with sun beds, parasol, built-in BBQ & table & chairs. Bedroom 2 with super king size bed and private balcony. Bedroom 3 with twin beds and private balcony.
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The fully air conditioned Sahane is finished to an exceptional standard. Antique marble floors are standard throughout and there is a feature limestone archway connecting the lounge areas to the two ground floor bedrooms. There is an electric boiler to ensure guests have continuous hot water and out of season, the air conditioning units will heat as well as cool when needed. An English speaking 'meet and greet' service will welcome you to the Sahane Apartment, providing an on-site point of contact. Sahane Apartment guests are also provided with some basic provisions on arrival. Complimentary wi-fi for guests. There is also a full information file for guest use which gives details of suggested days out, recommendations for local restaurants and general information on Kalkan and its environs. We are also happy to assist with flight bookings and arranging transfers from Dalaman or Antalya airports. Outside: Outside the Sahane apartment lounge there are sea facing wrought iron and glass patio tables and chairs with comfortable seat cushions from which to admire the sea views. The penthouse suite also has a private wraparound balcony which features its own patio table and a further 4 chairs and parasol from which to enjoy a light lunch or a sundowner. There are also two sun loungers and occasional table provided on the private roof terrace. In addition, there is also a brick built private BBQ for the sole use of Sahane apartment guests. The beautiful shared pool and pool area are shared only with two other (smaller) apartments and are furnished with further sunloungers and parasols as the pool area benefits from all day sunshine. The surrounding communal gardens are beautifully maintained and feature well tended cascading bougainvillea, banana trees and hibiscus. Utility Room: Washing machine and electric boiler. Iron and ironing board for guest use. Clothes airer and laundry bag provided. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels. Twice weekly cleaning and linen change. Daily light clean and bin emptying provided. Iron and ironing board provided. Guests receive quality complementary toiletries on arrival. Other: The Sahane apartment commands stunning sea views from every room! The breathtaking views across Kalkan and islands can be enjoyed from all balconies, the extensive private roof terrace and BBQ surrounding the penthouse suite.