House in Ceserano, Nr. Fivizzano in Province of Massa Carrara - Stunning Views
La Bella Vista is a classic traditional house completely made of stone located in the heart of Tuscany, close to 3 airports served by Ryan Air. The thick walls and tile and terrazzo floors keep the interior cool in summer and warm in winter. The accommodation consists of entrance foyer, kitchen, sitting room and dining room on the ground floor; three bedrooms (one with balcony), and bath on the first floor; bath (with power shower) and laundry room on the lower floor as well as a terrace and patio. The house, which has central heating and is available year-round, sleeps six and is comfortably furnished. Mountains, valleys and streams surround the area and the elegant beaches of Versilia (Forte dei Marmi, Viareggio) and the Italian Riviera, (Cinque Terre, Portofino) are less than an hour's drive away. A special swimming pool has recently been installed on the terraces of the house. Easy mountain walks begin from the village. Detailed information for excursions provided by proprietor.
About the Owner
Pat and Joe McEvoy were both raised and educated in the USA. Both have had careers in education: Joe as a academic physicist in Europe and America, and Pat as a school administrator and later counselor at the American School in London. Their winter home is in London where they have lived since 1973.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We are in love with Ceserano and the entire area. The beauty, the peace, and the warmth of the people . . . we will never forget.
Thomas & Alexandra, Gloucester, Mass USA
Lerici and the boat ride to the Cinque Terre; the outdoor markets in Aulla and Fivizzano; the marble caves at Carrara; and the unforgettable Medieval Fayre at Filetto. love, love, love from Laurie & Michael & family. (Bristol, UK)
Thank you. We found a week of heaven, and our favourite people, the Italians. The view, the food, the wine, the village, a trip to Florence and finally . . . the seaside. Every sense tantalised. You are blessed here, thanks for sharing. The Lewis Family, Luxembourg.
We feel honoured to have enjoyed a glorious week of activities and relaxation here in 'La Bella Vista'. In our opinion, Ceserano is the best and we will get our dates sorted for next year as soon as we get back to London (sigh). Miller Family, London NW6.
Your new pool is sensational, our family had a ball ! Bill
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
World famous Carrara is near with its white marble, the oldest industrial site in the world in continuous use. In Pietrasanta, are numerous showrooms and workshops, where the marble is cut into sheets or sculpted into statues and ornaments. Visitors are welcome. Parco Naturale Delle Alpi Apuane: This mountainous area was designated a nature reserve in 1985. An excursion by boat to all five towns of the Cinque Terre can be made from the nearby seaside town of Lerici. A full day visit to Florence is possible by train leaving nearby Aulla station at 06.27 AM arriving in Florence Santa Maria Novella station at 9 AM. The return leaves Florence at 6 PM. The owners can advise on reservations to the Ufizzi and Accademia ('David') Galleries. Also visits to wineries for purchasing quality wines from Tuscany (Colli di Luna and Chianti) at discount prices. Lively festivals featuring music and local cuisine are everywhere and traditional open-air markets complete this wonderful holiday area.
Lerici is a seaside town with lovely cafes and restaurants which line the port. From here it's possible to take a daily boat to PortoVenere, the Cinque Terre and all the way to Portofino. Forte dei Marmi, a very fashionable seaside resort, and other beaches on the Versilia Coast can be visited using the autostrade in just 40 minutes from Ceserano. The Cinque Terre is an easy excursion by car or train, less than an hour away. A daily train allows for a pleasant day in Florence without driving.
Getting There... Ceserano sits in the centre of a triangle, equidistant from the region's 3 airports: Pisa, Genoa and Parma... each within an hour's drive. These airports are served by the low fares airline, RyanAir, so there is always a practical choice. Car hire is necessary for good connections and each of these airports offer reasonable rates.
Cinque Terre The fine small fishing villages on the Ligurian coast, only a 40 minute drive from Ceserano. Well known for their simple beauty, absence of motor traffic and precious family - run restaurants. A wonderful hike with a view out over the sea can be made from one Cinque Terre village to the next through the terraced vineyards which produce a wine famous throughout Italy.
St. Terenzo al Mare is the lovely quiet seaside town just next to Lerici. Only 25 minutes from Ceserano.
Ceserano has a post office, grocery store and cafe. Only 10 minutes away in Pallerone is a bakery, a bank with ATM and an excellent supermarket. The quality of the cuisine in local restaurants of Lunigiana and the low prices astound visitors. A good 3 course lunch with wine can be had for 12 euros (about GBP 7.00). Try the owner's recommendations.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
To make a reservation, a £150 (or equivalent) deposit is necessary and final balance is due 8 weeks before arrival. Payment can be made by cheque or electronic transfer (preferred).
Arrival and departure is usually on Saturday, but this can be negotiated if bookings allow.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Power shower
- Bathroom on the first floor has bath/shower, basin, wc and bidet and the bathroom on the lower floor has a power shower, basin and wc. Both are fully tiled, floor and walls.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The main bedroom has a king size bed; the second bedroom has two large single beds and balcony with an amazing view of the Appenines; the third bedroom has sturdy adult-size bunk-beds. All of the rooms have fantastic views of the mountains.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Information containing maps, time-tables, a reading list, possible excursions, suggestions for walks and most important, the names of favourite local restaurants have been organised by the owners for tenants’ convenience. The local restaurants are proud of cuisine of the region, known as Lunigiana, which is healthy, delicious and inexpensive. Parking is just three minutes from the house. Outside: The front terrace faces the mountains, and is always bathed in sunlight. Several lounge lounge chairs are available to take advantage of this glorious feature of the Italian climate. A swimming pool with special characteristics has been installed (2008) Though the pool is small, a continuous water stream can be switched on which allows for extended swimming exercise and, of course, cooling off. Children of all ages love it. The pool is shared only with the owners who live next door. Utility Room: The utility room has a clothes washer and dryer for use by tenants and the terrace has a clothes line for quick drying in the Tuscan sun. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are included in the rental, but not beach towels. The property is cleaned weekly. Other: There is a fully-equipped laundry room with clothes washer and dryer as well as facilities for hanging clothes in the sunshine. Sunloungers with cushions are provided and the terrace has a table, chairs and sun umbrella. High speed internet for free use.