House in Dunbar Street, Ramsgate, South Africa - Wonderful Sea Views 60 metres to the Beach
Luxury 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home. Sleeps 6-7 people. Accommodation includes a lounge, dining room, kitchen, laundry, study, balconies and garage. With beautiful sea views in a safe, secure and peaceful cul-de-sac. Daily service. 3 TV's, internet access, DVD's, DSTV. The beach is only 60 meters away. Imagine a home that takes the task of caring for its guests very, very seriously. That aims to provide every comfort that combines to create a holiday experience that is simply beyond the ordinary and beyond your expectations. Well, we have such a house, a house that we have furnished and equipped to do just that, provide an unforgettable holiday for our guests.
About the Owner
Malcolm and Colleen are professionals who work for their own IT Software company in Benoni. In our spare time we are active in the community and live a full family life. Colleen is a former teacher, Malcolm is a former academic and we are passionate about a wide range of music. We love water from lakes to the seas and we paddle, wind-surf and swim at every opportunity. We have 3 sons and 2 daughters in our growing extended family ranging in ages from 19 to 36. Two at University, One is a School Teacher and two (married) are making their way in the world of IT.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Brilliant, elegant and restful holiday and thank you" - Kevin and Retha Queenan, London, England.
"Thank you for a wonderful holiday in your beautiful home" - Mark and Priv, Grahamstown.
"Please thank Janet for her friendliness and care" - Julia and Graham Pyle, Johannesburg.
From the Owner
“We bought Sausalito, falling in love with it on first sight because we love the sea and the beaches and it suited us perfectly as a holiday retreat for the family and a potential retirement residence later on in life.”
Activity and Interests
60 metres walk to our local beach with two excellent swimming spots. 1.5Km walk or drive to Ramsgate beach one of 3 certified 'blue-flag' beaches in the area. We are right in the middle of the famous Hibiscus coast with warm seas and wide clean sandy beaches. Wonderful swimming.
120 Kms from Durban International Airport on a wide double-carriageway all the way. 5 Kms from Margate airport serviced daily by several national operators. Car hire available in Margate (1.5Kms from Sausalito) or from the airports.
1.5Kms from centre of Margate. 1.5Kms from centre of Ramsgate. Oribi gorge, Scuba diving, horse-riding, paragliding over the ocean, deep-sea fishing, dolphin and whale viewing, hiking in nature reserves, even learning how to surf are all activities offered in easy distance from Sausalito.
Full banking, postal, shopping facilities in the area. Dozens of excellent restaurants. Wireless Internet access (not broadband) from the house if you have your own wifi-enabled laptop computer.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% deposit secures booking. Refundable if cancellation is more than 30 days before start of booking. Remainder of fee must be paid 2 days before the holiday begins.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per day.
We actively encourage family bookings.
We will give a 5% discount for bookings of 14 days or longer.
We seldom accept bookings of less than 5 days.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It mystically and totally relaxes us, slows us down to Sausalito pace and makes us feel at home from the minute we set foot in it. We've furnished it and equipped it for luxury and we can be comfortable even if we decide to take a short working break on the coast.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 is en suite to main bedroom - bath toilet etc. Bathroom 2 between other two bedrooms has bath, large shower, etc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main Bedroom, Queensize bed, en suite bath and toilette, own TV and DVD player, Air conditioned and private balcony. Bedroom 2, double bed beautifully furnished. Bedroom 3, 2 large single beds. Study has a futon couch sleeps 1 or 2.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Beach equipment supplied (umbrellas) bodysurfing boards towels etc. Fairly steep driveway not too wheelchair-friendly. Outside: Lovely enclosed garden, maintained regularly. Short walk (60 meters) to beach. Utility Room: Ironing room with tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Housekeeper lives on property in her own flatlet will clean house daily, make beds, wash dishes etc. Can be engaged to do private laundry but will not do any catering or cooking. All linen of highest quality supplied. Bath and bathing towels supplied. Other: Dining room seats 10, beautifully furnished and decorated Study upstairs.