Penthouse Apartment on Penina Golf Estate, Alvor, Algarve - Walking Distance From ‘Le Meridien’ Luxury Hotel And 10 Min Drive From Alvor Beach, Portimao
Ideal for families and golfers, our superb 2800 sq ft Penthouse Apartment (12B) is located in the Penina Estate. It has 3 bedrooms, one en-suite, a well equipped kitchen/breakfast room and an excellently furnished and spacious sitting/dining room with free WiFi, Freeview Satellite TV (inc. Sky Sports 1,2,4) and DVD player. 2 bedrooms open out onto balconies with a great pool and garden view while the sitting room leads out onto a large terrace complete with sun loungers and barbecue. An added bonus is a secluded roof-terrace which offers 360 degree Mountain and Country Views. The private internal lift offers easy access to the shared pool and gardens ideal for children to play in. In addition to the Championship Penina course there are also numerous top-class golf courses within 45 mins drive. Located only 10 mins drive from the picturesque village Alvor and its great beach and Portimao and its various restaurants and shops Penina is a place you can relax, enjoy, have a great holiday.
About the Owner
We are a retired couple from the UK who have been coming out to Penina over the past 25 years both by ourselves and with our family. Having stayed in other apartments and the hotel at various points over that time a few years ago the opportunity arose for us to buy the Penthouse at 12B. This decision has not only allowed us to enjoy Penina more often, but also extend that enjoyment to our children and grandchildren. We very much hope that you will get as much enjoyment from visiting Penina as we do.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Just a line to say how much we all enjoyed staying at 12B. Your penthouse is beautiful and very impressive. After being out in the crowds it was nice to have such a wonderful peaceful home to return to and have such space and facilities to enjoy. The location is perfect and the staff at reception were very kind and helpful. All in all we could not have chosen a better place to stay.
– Angus and Mary.
Dear Mr and Mrs Hay, We must thank you again for a lovely holiday at your Apartment in Penina. Penina has so many happy family memories for us and we look forward to returning in the future.
– Malcolm and Diane.
Dear Mr & Mrs Hay,
After a week in your apartment in Penina, we would certainly thank you for a great experience. The apartment suited our needs perfectly and our children loved playing in the spacious living room and the large balcony as well by the pool area. Once again thank you - we look forward to coming back to Penina in the near future.
- Helle and Stig
From the Owner
“Since we started coming to Penina in the 1980’s we have always loved the relaxed atmosphere of the Penina estate and the opportunity the area affords, for both a very relaxing holiday, and to do lots and lots of activities. The refuge it provides from the cold and wet British winter is also a great plus and one we have enjoyed time and time again as the rain and cold gets a bit much! The fact that we knew the area so well when the opportunity arose for us to buy the apartment meant it was a very easy decision to take and we are particularly pleased that our grandchildren enjoy coming out to Portugal and revelling in all it has to offer.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
For young visitors there are various water parks with exciting rides for all ages including the excellent Slide and Splash which is only a 10 min drive away. There’s also a zoo in Lagos and a marine zoo, open March to October, which offers the chance to swim with dolphins. Algarve Motor Park (Autodromodoalgarve) is a 15 minute drive away. It has an International go-karting track open to the public and is host to a variety of motor sport events during the year. In addition to golf ‘Le Meridien’ Hotel has a variety of facilities which you can pay to use. These include a Sauna & Health Centre, 5 hard-surfaced floodlit tennis courts and Archery Lanes. The enclosed Penguin 'Kids' Club is also available to infants from 6 months to children of 12. The adjacent family oriented fishing village of Alvor is full of interesting shops, bars and restaurants. The ports of Portimao and Lagos are 10 and 20 mins away respectively by car and offer excellent shopping, eating and banking facilities.
You are spoilt for choice for sandy beaches. The closest is the 2 mile long golden sandy beach of Alvor, extending along to Tres Irmaos and is only a 10 min drive away to the east. Then the 5 mile long Meia Praia beach, also beautifully soft and sandy, is on the west side and can be reached in 25 mins. Within Lagos itself and only 20 mins drive away, there are a further 5 or 6 beautiful beaches, all with beach bars and offering a wide variety of great food.
Leaving Faro Airport take the A22 motorway towards Loule. After 45 mins take the exit Alvor & at the roundabout follow the signs to Figueria/Golf. Direct flights to Faro are from most UK airports and many of the flights are operated by low-cost airlines,e.g. EasyJet, Ryanair, FlyBe, Monarch. Lisbon Airport is 2.5 hours away if you prefer to spend a few days there prior to driving down to the Algarve. A car is essential for getting around but there are plenty of car hire firms operating at Faro.
Le Meridien Penina Hotel - walking distance away.
Alvor – 10 min drive. A pretty fishing village with a wonderful beach, lively centre and friendly atmosphere.
Portimao – 10 min drive. A much bigger market town with good shopping and supermarkets.
Lagos – 20 min drive. A historic walled town with winding streets, fort, churches, beaches, bars and restaurants.
Silves – 20 min drive. Old Moorish capital with castle.
Monchique - The highest part of the Algarve is a lovely 45 min drive away.
There is a supermarket – Continente – located 5 minutes drive away within a new shopping plaza where you can get all your provisions and essentials. Takeaways are also available from the local Pizzeria – Pizzeria Flor do Sol – which is only down the road. There are banks and chemists in Portimao, Alvor or Lagos and even in the small local town of Mexilhoeria Grande, which is only a 5 minute drive.
Internet access is available in the apartment.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jun 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
A deposit of 25% (in Sterling or equivalent Euros) is required. This is non-refundable if cancellation is within 8 weeks of arrival. The balance of the payment is to be made 6 weeks prior to arrival. A damage deposit of £200 (in Sterling or equivalent Euros) will also be collected on arrival and repaid after departure.
Once you have decided to book with us, we will contact you to confirm the booking and answer any queries you may have.
Saturday is the preferred changeover day but some flexibility may be possible. Arrivals are after 1pm and departures by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds and are based on Saturday changeovers. They include provision of linen and bathroom towels. Additional maid service can also be arranged. Utilities will be charged based on usage.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Put simply you can really feel at home in the Apartment. That you can nip down to the supermarket and stock up on provisions as soon as you arrive means you can relax straight away in the knowledge that the cupboards are full. That so many, and such a variety of, activities and things to do are within easy driving distance also makes it a fantastic place to holiday as whatever your mood on any given day you can choose to do as much or as little as you want. The fact that it’s also in one of the best golfing areas in the world is just an added bonus!”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- water parks
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- golf pass optional
- water tubing
- 2800 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- There are 2 bathrooms and one additional separate WC. One en-suite with bath, shower, basin, WC and bidet. Bathroom 2 (shared by the other 2 bedrooms) has a bath, shower, basin and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 6 (3 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, Convertible double/twin beds with en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 and 3. Twin beds. All rooms have excellent storage space, are air-conditioned with reverse-cycle split-unit ACS and lead onto balconies.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- This is an ideal apartment for children and is secure within the apartment complex. The shared pool is cleaned regularly and the communal garden tended by the gardener. The apartment is looked after for us by the on-site manageress and staff who are on site during normal office hours, so any problems you have can be resolved quickly. There is a supermarket located 10 minutes drive away where you can get all your provisions including food, drinks, toiletries and BBQ charcoals. Takeaways are available from the local Pizzeria – Pizzeria Flor do Sol – which is only down the road and there are also lots of excellent restaurants in both Portimao and Lagos. No smoking is permitted within the apartment and no pets are allowed. Outside: The main terrace, accessible from the sitting room, is equipped with 2 comfortable sun loungers as well as a table with 6 chairs and an umbrella for you to enjoy. The BBQ will help you decide to ‘eat in’ some evenings while the separate balconies accessible from the bedrooms are also perfect if you want some time to yourself. For those lazy days in the sun there is also a large roof terrace. The sizeable circular pool is ideal for children and offers its own showering facilities, sun loungers and parasols and is shared by the 24 apartments. The pool is however rarely crowded and the surrounding garden area is ideal for both relaxing and playing. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels and linen are included and additional maid services can also be arranged. You are requested however to please provide your own pool/beach towels. Other: The entrance with elevator and garage (washing-machine, boiler) is on the ground floor.