Villa in Kalkan, Turkey, - Beautiful Pool, Breakfast and Rooftop terraces; new gardens and traditional Turkish 'undercroft'.
Villa Corisande is a three bedroom villa with uninterrupted views of the unique Bay of Kalkan, and the Taurus Mountains tumbling to the sea, from no less than four levels. Most afternoons a gentle sea breeze is welcomed by our guests, to temper the heat of the Turkish sun.
Kalkan is very hilly; but unlike so very many properties ,no taxi is needed to get from Villa Corisande to the restaurants and beach - it is only a gentle 10 min stroll downhill to Kalkan village centre or the weekly market.
Villa Corisande offers its own private pool and terraces on three levels. The roof terrace offers simply spectacular views from sun loungers over Kalkan, the bay and mountains; and a brick-built BBQ for al-fresco dining.
At pool level is a shaded breakfast-terrace; afterwards bask in the sun or laze in the shade of the parasols by the poolside, taking in the unforgettable views. A further brick-built BBQ is available at pool level. The substantial pool terrace has loungers and parasols, and plenty of space so you don’t feel crowded.
The third, lower terrace - new in 2014 - has cushioned wicker garden furniture, allowing comfort and relaxation away from the noise of the pool-fun, but still with lovely views over the bay.
Also at lower level is the Ottoman-style undercroft – with its own white wicker cushioned seating, offering total shade in the heat of the day, and a secluded retreat with soft lighting for a romantic evening.
Inside, the villa is comfortable, with open plan kitchen, dining and living areas. There is air-conditioning throughout; three shower/bathrooms (one en-suite) and a separate bedroom balcony.
The villa is very child-friendly. The internal stair-cases are gated. We have three high-chairs, travel cot and a play-pen, on request. There is also available a Graco buggy. There is a wide selection of childrens books and toys for children up to age 7 and a large box of Duplo.
The villa has Internet Access
Top Traveller Review
Fantastic family villa holiday!!
About the Owner
Professional family in North West UK. If you want to know more, feel free to contact me.
5 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
Fantastic family villa holiday!!
The villa was a delight, homely, comfy, with fantastic views out to sea from terrace, it had every convenience of home. Very welcome use of washing machine and a dishwasher which was a godsend. The pool was fabulous and used constantly by all the family. We enjoyed eating in the villa as the facilities were first class. The town centre had some lovely restaurants where we dined out regularly as well. The air conditioning was very welcome, however there was a wonderful breeze also. A Car wasn't necessary as taxis were on hand and the shops are in easy walking distance. Wonderful service from Sharon and Rambo the managers who attended to any request, plus a fresh delivery of bread early every morning which was lovely. One of the best family holidays we have had and will definitely be going back as soon as possible.
A Turkish Treasure
My wife and I have just returned from two weeks at Villa Corisande and having travelled extensively round the World can honestly say that this was the one of the best holidays we have ever experienced.
The Villa is set in an ideal location with breath-taking views over the harbour and many an evening was spent sitting on the rooftop terrace (which is huge) sipping our Gin & Tonics and feeling contented with the world. The pictures of the villa do not do it justice and it is incredibly spacious with a multitude of balconies and sleeping options. The electrical appliances are all new and it was a Godsend being able to wash our clothes given how hot it was out there.
One thing that I think needs mentioning is the location of the BBQ as it is situated on the porched area next to the pool which meant that I could easily cook up a meat fest whilst talking to my wife. Meat is incredibly cheap in Kalkan and it was lovely being able to serve up steaks and salad next to the outdoor seating area whilst admiring the view.
The bedrooms are large with plenty of storage space and the air conditioning was very welcome given how hot it was. The bathrooms are excellent with a very impressive shower to blast away the day's dirt from our sweaty bodies.
As with all holidays an obvious concern is location since you don't ant to be too near the town centre not too far away. This is where Villa Corisande excels. At night time all you can hear are the street dogs in the hills and there is no noise pollution from the town (even then the town isn't exactly noisy). There is a large supermarket within easy walking distance as well as a number of bars and restaurants. We were lazy and had a car for our holiday but there is really no need and we only used it to make the weekly supermarket shop at a bit easier.
Sharon and her husband Rambo were on help with any questions we had and they delivered a fresh loaf of bread to the villa every morning before we had even woken up. The swimming pool and graded were maintained daily and the pool was lovely to be able to jump into when the day temperatures were up around 38C. We were so impressed with the villa that for the first four days we didn't venture away from it as it was a tranquil and luxurious oasis of comfort.
Needless to day, we were very impressed with the villa and have already spoken to Fiona about returning next year (we have only been home 48 hours!).
Fantastic family villa
We had a brilliant stay in Villa Corisande. We have three small children and were looking for somewhere not too far from the centre of Kalkan and also suitable for the little ones. It was spot on with it being a short hop from town and Fiona arranged for her puch chair to be left to use plus high chairs and kids plastic bowls etc. The pool was also idea for kids with it being fenced in and gated. Living space was ideal also, plenty of room and very comfortable. We are already thinking of another stay in 2015, it was just great.
Everything you could want and more!
Our first time to Kalkan and our first villa holiday experience but will definitely return again. Such a relaxing holiday being able to wake up on a morning and sit outside looking at the beautiful view! We walked into the town every evening for drinks and food but did have to get one of the friendly taxi drivers to take us home. Tip... Take a photo on your phone of the address sign on your phone to show the driver as most taxi's won't know where it is. Rambo and Sharon were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. A holiday we"ll never forget. Thank you
We all had a great time at the Villa and loved the location / facilities of the property provided by Fiona (the owner) .
Sharon and Rambo , Property management in Kalkan responded very quickly to any questions raised when onsite at the Villa .
Jo Harvey in the X Press tours office arranged transfers very efficiently to and from Dalaman Airport.
Kalkan Old Town is downhill so very easy walk (in my opinion) from the Villa with the option of taxi back if you do not fancy the walk back up hill (especially in the scorching sun).
This Villa will be top of my list / first choice when returning to Kalkan as it met all our needs and more.
A wonderful property .
Lovely place to holiday
Highly recommend Villa Corisande for your visit to Kalkan. It is exactly as shown in the pictures - beautiful views from the pool, roof terrace and recently constructed lower terrace. The amenities and facilities are ideal for couples and families. A genuine 10 minute stroll to town and a wide variety of restaurants and bars. Rambo and Sharon are on hand for any questions or help needed. We will be returning.
From the Owner
“Look at the photos and you will see. Best views in Kalkan!”
Activity and Interests
There is a fifteen minute walk to Kalkan Beach or a five minute drive to Kalamar Beach. Patara beach with its 16km sandy beach is not far away either and Kaputas is a short bus ride. In the Summer, there is a safety barrier at Kalkan Beach and cafes for parents of older children where they can relax whilst maintaining direct contact with their children playing.
Dalaman airport is the nearest airport but some guests use the more distant Antalya airport. There is a taxi service available from Dalaman but if you plan to explore the region independently then you may prefer to hire a car and drive to the villa.
A car is not essential if you wish to spend a lazy week by the pool, sightseeing tours are available from the town centre.
Kalkan lies at the heart of the Lycian Way and is surrounded by many ancient cities and sites. Most notably, Xantos, the largest Lycian city, is just a short drive away as is Myra, said to be the birth place of St Nicholas. Saklikent Gorge is a must-see, with its cooling waters for you to wade in.
Kalkan offers a variety of watersports or try paragliding in Kas. Horse riding is available at Patara.
Fethiye is the nearest commercial town, one hour away and Kas is 30km.
Kalkan is a picturesque town which welcomes tourists. It is very family-friendly and you can wander the bustling streets until quite late into the evening. There are said to be over 100 restaurants, many with roof terraces, where you can sample traditional Turkish cuisine at reasonable prices. If you wish to stock up on provisions there are supermarkets as well as a fishmonger, butcher and green grocer. Alternatively, visit the weekly market where you can buy almost anything: cotton goods, jewellery, carpets and, of course, genuine fake watches, don't forget to haggle!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
25% deposit on booking. Final balance due 8 weeks before departure. An additional £250 returnable 'breakages' deposit is also required with the final balance.
Preferred changeover day is Saturday although this may sometimes be flexible. Guests should arrive after 3.00pm and vacate the property by 10.00am although this can sometimes be negotiable according to the guest schedule and the advice of our manager.
25% in advance to book. Balance due 8 weeks before arrival. Bankers draft preferred.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Fabulous views from all levels. New undercroft (a lovely quiet retreat to escape from the children!) Large terrace area by pool. Very chiild-friendly.”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- recreation centre
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain climbing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- There are 3 bathrooms (one per floor) each tastefully tiled, and fitted out with marble-topped vanity units; two have showers, one has a corner bath. The lower floor en-suite is a wet room. For complete luxury we provide L'Occitane en Provence toiletries.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 rooms) - max 8 using roll-away beds Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom: King size bed; hand-made wooden furnishings, bay-facing balcony. Bedroom 2: twin; balcony access; hand-made wooden furnishings. Bedroom 3: lower floor twin; en suite; own sitting area; hand-made wooden furnishings; independent access.
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Villa Corisande has air conditioning throughout, and mosquito screens in all rooms. The lower floor suite has its own separate access - ideal for older children, or for grandparents or others wanting some independence. There is a digital safe for your valuables, and the property benefits from wrought iron security gates, and smoke alarms for your safety. For younger guests a travel cot and high chairs are available - by arrangement in advance; there are stair gates where necessary on internal stairs. The villa has wooden flooring throughout, and locally hand-made wooden furnishings. There is a parking space immediately to the front of the villa off the recently re-laid road. Our local management team includes Sharon a native English speaker - who will be able to help with any local difficulties - and her husband Rambo who is a particular favourite with all our guests. The villa has its own independent water tank (3000 litre) providing a reserve against municipal water cuts. Outside: Villa Corisande is not part of a complex. It offers a private swimming pool 4m x 6m and 1.8m depth throughout. The spacious poolside area is laid with attractive stone with a dramatic stone wall draped with bougainvillea to one side. There are umbrellas, side tables for your drinks and six sunloungers. There is shade in the afternoon for those who want it. The breakfast terrace provides a wonderful location for al fresco dining throughout the day. There is also a large roof terrace, providing panoramic views, with dining furniture and additional loungers for those who enjoy serious sun-bathing. There is a built-in BBQ at the breakfast terrace; and another on the roof terrace. There are gardens providing attractive greenery which are maintained - as it the pool - by our friendly local staff. Utility Room: The washing machine is located in the first floor bathroom. Ironing board and iron provided. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen provided. The pool/garden areas are maintained daily by local staff. Our Turkish manager (Rambo) delivers bread daily to your door. A welcome-pack of "first day essentials" is provided (includes wine!). Weekly cleaning/linen change. Other: The external 'undercroft' is a new feature and is part of the villa building. Decorated tastefully, it provides a romantic hide-away or a family living room. With comfy seating, and a coffee table, guests can enjoy indoor luxury outside.