Apartment in Ovronnaz, Valais, Switzerland - Opposite Thermal Baths, South Facing Balcony
Les Chalets des Marie is a very attractive development of two separate buildings with six and eight quality apartments. Ours is on the second floor with windows south and east taking full advantage of the glorious views and sunny position. Very convenient for the thermal baths opposite, with a shuttle bus from outside the door to the ski lift every 15 minutes. Ovrannaz is a popular all season resort with a variety of activities. Said to have some of the best powder snow in Switzerland that pleases skiers and snowboarding fans equally. From nursery slopes with baby lifts and toboggan runs to high (2,500m) Tsantonnaire ski runs including carving and freestyle there is something to please everyone, even the most demanding. 25km of cross country, 15km of winter hiking and 5km of snowshoe paths with new features being added create a well rounded resort. In summer there are 150km of hiking paths, over 50km of mountain bike trails, river fishing, paragliding and golf at nearby Sion.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Easily accessed by road (1h 30m) or rail and bus from Geneva (Easyjet 1.10h from Gatwick or Stanstead) in under two hours. Winter Saturday flights direct from London City Airport to Sion (15 mins from Ovrannaz).
Geneva 125km, Sion and Martigny both 30km. Leytron/Riddex 15km (N9). Verbier, Nendaz, Crans Montana within easy distance. Montreaux for a day out or take the small train from Martigny up to Chamonoix (30 minutes).
Ovrannaz has a good supermarket, bank, post office, tourist office, sports/hire shop, baker, patissiere, deli and a dozen or more restaraunts and bars.
Check out the following for ski maps, trails and detailed information.
www.essovronnaz.ch (ski school)
www.thermalp.ch (spa facilities)
www.sbb.ch (Swiss Rail)
- Booking Notes:
25% non refundable deposit at time of booking, balance six weeks before arrival. Returnable deposit of £100 to cover breakages/damage. Refunded on departure via our local agent.
Saturday departures by 10.30, arrivals 15.00 or times by arrangement in mid/high season. Flexible arrangements otherwise or at short notice. Long weekends if available.
Notes on prices:
Short notice bookings with discount in low and mid season.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom with shower unit, sink and wc. Washroom with large sink and wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom one with large double bed. Bedroom two with two full size single beds.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Underfloor heating. Natural stone floor thoughout the open plan Kitchen/living/dining and hall. Fully tiled bathrooms. Bedrooms have wood strip flooring. Outside: Large L-shaped tiled balcony with outside lamp, table and chairs. Beautiful panoramic views. Large common area terrace on the ground floor. Reserved parking space. Utility Room: Laundry room on the ground floor with washing machine, dryer and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen, towels and cleaning supplied: CHF100 per week. Other: Hallway with storage/wardrobe. Ski/boot locker in the basement. Reserved car parking space.