Apartment in Estombar, Nr. Portimao, Western Algarve - Village Location
This lovely penthouse 2 bedroom apartment, sleeping 4, has internal finishes of the highest quality, on the edge of the village of Calvario. It has a sunny and private 90sqm roof terrace overlooking open countryside, with panoramic views of the Monchique Mountains, River Arade and the town of Portimao. Within 4km of the apartment there are many beautiful beaches, golf courses, the picturesque fishing village of Ferragudo; historical Silves with Moorish Castle is only 10km away.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
‘We had a great holiday, enjoyed touring the Algarve area. The apartment was beyond our expectations, the layout and size of the condo was great. The apartment felt like it was home with all the modern conveniences. It was enjoyable to lounge around and make use of the roof terrace. We found the location very central to all areas of the Algarve, we managed to visit most of the little towns within an hours drive each way. The weather was 25 and sunny every day so we had a great vacation. Thank you for allowing us to use your condo and we would recommend the condo to anyone looking to stay in this area’ - Owen and Patt, Ontario, Canada
"...a welcoming comfortable apartment - nicely off the beaten track, but easily within reach of most places." - Helen and Alastair, Reading U.K.
"Enjoyed our stay here; apartment is lovely - everything we expected and more!" - Chris and Graham, Manchester U.K.
Activity and Interests
Some of the Algarve's finest sandy beaches are located along this stretch of coastline, the nearest being at Ferragudo (4km). Ferragudo offers a water sports centre with facilities for water skiing, jet skiing, and windsurfing. Many other beautiful sandy beaches (Praia da Rocha/Vau, Alvor) are within a 10-15 mins drive.
Car hire is recommended. Only a 45 minute drive from Faro airport via the A22 highway. Lisbon approx. 2.5 hours drive.
Rail travel possible from Faro to Estombar local station (5 min drive or 15 min walk away).
Estombar - hilltop village with characteristic Algarvian church 10 min walk. Lagoa small town with every facility 10 min drive
Pretty fishing village of Ferragudo 10 min drive. Portimao town and Praia da Rocha/Praia do Vau beaches 10-15 min drive. Monchique mountains and historic Silves with Moorish Castle approx. 30 min drive. Slide & Splash waterpark 5 min drive
Casualty department and hospital Portimao 10 min drive over Arade bridge (N125). Carvoeiro 15 min drive. Historic Lagos 22 km.
Local good and reasonable restaurants/bars (serving freshly caught fish and traditional Portuguese dishes), and mini-market are within a few minutes walk. Supermarkets, banks and cash points in nearby Lagoa and Ferragudo. All holiday needs are also catered for in Portimao - tourist information office, banks, pharmacy, shops, boutiques, restaurants, bars, nightlife, new marina (boat trips). Tennis courts in popular beach resort of Carvoeiro. Public swimming pool in Lagoa, 10 min drive. Recommendations, leaflets and information on excursions, sports facilities, restaurants etc. in apartment.
Good bird watching from roof terrace over river/estuary and suspension bridge, and at Alvor - river and estuary. Stork's nests on chimneys throughout Portimao/Ferragudo area, visible from the roof terrace!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
30% deposit payable on booking. Balance due 8 weeks before start of holiday.
Flexible depending on existing bookings. Arrivals after 3 pm (or earlier by arrangement). Departures by 10.30am.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Family bathroom comprising whirlpool bath with shower over, WC, bidet & a washbasin set into a vanity unit, with hairdryer. Second bathroom with basin and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with twin beds, fitted wardrobe, chest of drawers/mirror and private balcony; wall-mounted flat-screen TV (UK and EU channels); river/mountain views. Bedroom 2 with twin beds, fitted wardrobe, dressing table, CD player and private balcony.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Air conditioning and electric shutters throughout the apartment. Bedrooms 1 and 2: Beds can be separate as twin or together as double. Cot and highchair supplied. Off road parking. Non smoking apartment. Outside: The stunning private roof terrace (90 sq.m.) with panoramic views offers a a fixed brick BBQ, sink unit (with hot and cold water), large table, sun shade, electric sun awning (with remote control), 6 chairs, and 4 sunloungers. Separate room off terrace is fitted with kitchen facilities (fridge, kettle, plates, glasses, cutlery etc.) Large paddling pool available for inflation with electric pump. Exotic plants on roof terrace and balconies. Utility Room: Washing machine, pulley clothes dryer/airer, utility cupboard containing iron, ironing board etc. on rear balcony. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, bedding and linen included.