15th Century Tower-House, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, living room
Casa del Podere in Borgo Fontanini is a fortified house-tower set in 20 acres of fruit groves and chestnut woods in the beautiful region of Emilia Romagna. Just 45 minutes from the centre of Bologna and Modena. This location represents the perfect base to enjoy your holiday in Italy. The house is very comfortable and offers a breathtaking view over the valleys and mountains of the Apennines. It is perfect for small groups of 6 persons as well as for larger groups up to12 people traveling together, as it is offers 5 double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen with open fireplace, a spacious living room with eating table, panoramic terrace with furniture and barbeque. The villages of Montombraro and Zocca, with restaurants, shops, swimming pools and tennis courts are at walking distance. We organize cookery courses for enthusiastic amateurs, gourmets and anyone who appreciates food, wine and cooking.
About the Owner
Born in Bologna in 1973, I have a university degree in foreign languages and literature's. I work at the Agrotourism "I Fontanini" since its opening in 2003, where I manage the customers, the advertising and the public relations.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Choosing Fontanini as our holiday destination was an excellent idea! Our family spent two lovely weeks in "Casa del podere" in the beginning of July 2006 enjoying pleasent climate, fresh air, quietness, beautiful views and buildings. The friendly and warm hearted people made us feel like home.
As a designer I paid attention to the interior which had been decorated with good taste. The kids were lucky to have a well equipped swimming pool nearby in the village. That´s why it wasn´t worth driving all the way to the seaside. After doing it once we were happy to be back among the friendly village people away from tourist places...But it was nice to go shopping to Bologna and Modena now and then. The history of art and architecture makes the city of Florence worth visiting over and over again.
Family Leinonen from Espoo, Finland
Leila, Eero, Kaarle (13), Kreeta (12), Max (6) and Viktoria (3 yrs old)
From the Owner
“Bologna and Modena 1 hour far away, mountain views, fresh air, pleasant climate both in the summer and in the winter, the quietness, the wild nature, the singing birds, the excellent food and wines, the friendly people in the village. Village fairs, excursions and plenty of activities organized from May until November. Montombraro famous swimming pool and the Parco dei Sassi di Roccamalatina.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We organize cookery courses for enthusiastic amateurs, gourmets and anyone who appreciates food, wine and cooking. During your stay it is possible to organize visits to Parmesan cheese, Balsamic vinegar and Parma Ham factories, where a guided tour in English is followed by a tasting. You can taste local wines in our cantina. Florence, Parma, Ravenna, Rimini are recommended day-trips.
Nearest airport is Bologna (1 hour driving).
Forli is 1h40 driving.
Firenze 1s 1h40 driving.
The use of car is essential.
Nearest village: Montombraro 10 minutes walking.
Zocca: 10 minutes driving.
Vignola: 30 minutes driving.
Ferrari Maranello: 40 minutes driving.
Bologna: 1 hour driving.
Modena: 1 hour driving.
Reggio Emilia: 1h20 minutes driving.
Parma: 1h30 minutes driving.
Ravenna: 1h45 minutes driving.
Faenza: 1h30 minutes driving.
Ferrara: 1h25 minutes driving.
Mantova: 1h30 minutes driving.
Rimini: 2h00 driving.
Florence: 1h45 minutes driving.
Pisa: 2h00 driving.
Venice: 3 hours driving.
Local shops (butcher, bakery, groceries, pharmacy, tabacchi, ice cream shop) opening hours:
Monday thru Sunday 8.30-12.30 and 1630-1930
Thursday all day closed.
Bank and post office mon-sat 8.30-13.00
Weekly market in Zocca: Tuesday 7.00-13.00
SUPERMARKETS in Zocca : CONAD is at the end of the village coming from Montombraro, after the gas station on the right. There is also 3MG Market, located in the centre, as you come in Zocca turn right toward the Pharmacy, then left and the stop straight ahead on the slope that leads to a parking area : the market is in the right corner of the place.
INTERNET FACILITY : at the end of the village, turn left to the swimming pool, you will immediately see a parking area, on the left of which there is the entrance to their office, called MULTIMEDIA CENTRE.
RESTAURANTS IN MONTOMBRARO :
1. SAN CARLO on the right corner opposite the church square, very good hand made pastas and grilled meat for a nice price.
2. LA CASCINA DELLE ROSE driving to Zocca, just outside Montombraro, on the right :panoramic terrace, good food and wonderful wines.
3. ODISSEA : from the church square straight ahead until you see it on your left : very good « crescentine and tigelle », typical mountaind breads served with salami, ham and cheese.
4. KING BAR : driving to Zocca, just outside Montombraro on the right, very good « crescentine and tigelle », typical mountaind breads served with salami, ham and cheese.
5. PIZZERIA at the swimming pool : nice space outside, good pizzas also to take away.
RESTAURANTS IN ZOCCA:
1. OSTERIA DEL SOLE : restaurant in the centre of Zocca, extremely good food and wines in a panoramic spot. It is in the centre, as you drive through Zocca, located in the new buildings on the left, you have to go down a short slope.
2. PANORAMIC : before coming to Zocca, on your right, old fashioned hotel with a panoramic restaurant that serve traditional dishes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 10 guests; add £22 per night, per additional guest|
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£178|
1) Reservation procedure: by email or telephone to check availability. 2) Payment policy: a booking deposit through bank transfer, or credit card is requested. Balance on the arrival day.
Changeover day Saturday in high season. Flexible changeover day in mid and low season. Check in time: between 15:00 and 19:00. Check out time: 10:00.
Notes on prices:
Prices are per 10 people accommodated for 1 week in euros. Rates include water, gas, electricity, bedroom linens, bathroom and kitchen towels, firewood. Final cleaning and taxes: 150,00 Euro. The costs for central heating, when needed, are extra and depend on the amount of gas used, which is metered upon arrival and departure. Baby cot and high chair for free. Pets allowed if previously agreed with the owner at 30 Euros per week. Extra bed Euro 70 per week. Baby cot and high chair for free.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Living in this house is like living in different Centuries at one time: the house is in fact made up of different buildings constructed along the centuries. The living room is the most ancient part, it is like a fortress dominating the valley from its massive stone walls and it dates back to 14th Century. The sleeping area is an ancient 16th century dove cote tower and the recently added entrance, kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms only date back to the 17th Century. The house is enchanting, spacious, and let you enjoy small landscape paintings from every window. The big kitchen with fireplace is the heart of the house, where meals are prepared and consumed together. The bedrooms are spacious, cosy and comfortable and the quietness of the location lets everybody sleep very well.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1-ground floor- wc, shower, bidet and sink. Bathroom 2 -1st floor- wc, shower, bidet and sink. Bathroom 3 -1st floor- wc, shower, bidet and sink.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 on the ground floor, has got a double king-size bed and a cot. Bedroom 2 on the 1st floor, king size bed. Bedroom 3 on the 1st floor, king size bed. Bedroom 4 on the 1st floor, has got 2 twins. Bedroom 5 on the 2nd floor, has got 2 twins.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: WIFI included. Cot and highchair for children free of charge. Outside: There is a panoramic terrace provided with table, chairs, deck-chairs and BBQ for dining al fresco. Utility Room: Washing machine available in a separate laundry room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bathroom towels, bed linens and kitchen towels are provided, they are changed every week. Cleaning 1 x week. Extra cleaning service available.