Private Villa with heated private pool. In a peaceful location with an Elevated Position and panoramic views. 4 Double Bedrooms + 3 Bathrooms
Maison Belair is set in a private, rural location where peace, tranquility and relaxation are the order of the day with it's own private, heated saltwater large pool. Perfect for either one or two families to share. Satellite 20GB Broadband internet and outside table tennis. Our beautiful house is built into the hillside, an 'upside down house' as the main living accommodation is upstairs, to make the most of the beautiful views. The kitchen opens out onto the long balcony with patio chairs and a large table, this makes it the perfect location to enjoy a relaxing meal accompanied by a glass or two of wine, whilst enjoying the panoramic views over the swimming pool and to the rolling Dordogne hills beyond. The large, private 12m x 6m outdoor heated saltwater swimming pool with terracing and sun-bathing areas is heated to 26 degrees. The house is approx 2.5km from the village of St Severin where there is an award winning bakery! Good restaurants can be found in the local surrounding villages too. The nearest main town is Riberac, 15 minutes away
Top Traveller Review
A lovely comfortable home from home
Jeanette and I are delighted you and your Family had such a lovely time at Maison Belair. Thank you for your review and also for mentioning the alternative golf course at Perigueux, we shall be sure to let future holidaymakers know about it. So great the kids loved the pool, keeping it really warm has always been a priority for us, as we know only too well with our own kids how this allows it to be enjoyed for much longer. Very best wishes to you both and we hope to welcome you again at Maison Belair in the future, Edward & Jeanette.
About the Owner
When I met Edward, over 25 years ago, he claimed that he knew France (his 'experience' was one day trip to Boulogne!). Well, I wanted to introduce Edward to a much 'bigger France', so before the children came along, we travelled around many areas in France with our little tent and had some fabulous, fun experiences getting to know the French people, who were so warm and friendly, particularly as we had our pigeon French at the ready -:)
We now have two children (21 and 18) and over the years Maison Belair has and still does provide us with great times. It is particularly well suited for two families. Edward and I are Partners in our own business and always appreciate getting away from hectic schedules to calm and tranquility at Maison Belair.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Fabulous views' - Family with 3 children from Bucks.
'Peaceful with amazing pool' - Two families from Yorkshire.
'We must come back' - Family from Leicestershire
2 holidaymaker reviews
A lovely comfortable home from home
We had a wonderful 3 week stay in this lovely house with plenty of space for relatives and friends who joined us for a few days mid-holiday. The owners (in England) provided us with all the information and facilities we required for a comfortable carefree stay. The village is less than 2 miles away.As golfers, we found the 9hole golf course (20 mins away) OK but a very good18 hole course at Perigueux (1 hr away). Amazingly, the heated pool could be warmer than the air temperature - great for kids. The wifi was an added bonus. As seasoned French travellers, this is one of the nicest houses we have rented.
Fabulous Villa in Beautiful Setting
We have just spent a fabulous week at Maison Belair. We were a group of 2 families, including 4 teenage children. The accommodation was excellent, very spacious. The downstairs double bedroom has a lovely en-suite bathroom and patio doors that open only a few steps from the pool. The kitchen was well equipped and the lounge/dining room had plenty of room. The pool and gardens were well maintained and very private. However, what really takes your breath away are the stunning views from the extremely large balcony. The table comfortably seats 8 and sitting down to dinner as we admired the valley below was simply magical. There are plenty of vineyards, supermarkets and restaurants nearby. All in all, I would highly recommend Maison Belair to anyone who is looking for a truly relaxing holiday surrounded by the French countryside.
From the Owner
“During Summer 1997, we toured south Charente / north Dordogne and met such lovely people. We had it at the back of our minds since 1990 that, one day, we would love to own a holiday home in France and when we came to this area, we felt this was perfect for us. The one thing we knew was that we wanted a swimming pool and so we set about looking at properties with swimming pools. However, all the properties we saw seemed to have beautiful pools, but awful houses, so we thought let's look for our ideal house first and then build a pool ourselves. I was 6 months pregnant, looking around properties in 90*F, so wonder just how we kept on looking! But on seeing Maison Belair, it was such a spectacular setting - the property was beautiful and the views remain the very best we have ever seen.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Explore the Cognac regional producers
Visit St Emilion and its vineyard
Tour the wonders of the Bordeaux left bank, visit the most famous chateaux in the World in the marvellous Medoc
Man made beaches at Lac Jamay near Riberac where they have free canoes during summer holiday season, Aubeterre-sur-Dronne and St Aulaye (en route to St Emilion). The Coast at Royan is just under 2 hours away.
Nearest Airports: Bordeaux approx 1 hour away. Bergerac approx 1 hour away.
Other Airports: Poitiers approx 1 hr 45 mins away. Limoges approx 1 hour 45 mins away. Car hire would be essential.
10m from Riberac - the Dordogne's Foie Gras capital and famous for canoeing.
20m from Brantome to the north-east.
25m from Perigueux - the Perigord to the south.
26m from Angouleme - Charente's capital to the north.
35m from St Emilion - to the south-west.
38m from Bergerac - to the south.
45m from Bordeaux to the south-west.
60m from Sarlat - to the south-east.
80m from Futuroscope fun park at Poitiers - directly north
A crazy golf course just outside the local village of St Severin is great fun for all the family. Tennis Courts can be booked at the Pharmacy in St Severin, though you will need to take your own equipment. Canoeing at Riberac on the river. The hilly countryside around Maison Belair is fantastic for cycling and we would recommend taking your bicycles with you, though these can also be hired locally. Lac Jemaye is near Riberac, which is a huge lake with play areas and beaches for the children. It has walks and at the height of the holiday season they have free canoes and pedaloes which are provided by the local authority. Aubeterre (a member of the ‘Most Beautiful Villages of France), is a medieval village nearby which is very pretty and has an amazing underground church, being the oldest in France. Around Brantome there are marvellous "Grottes" (underground caves) as well as excellent restaurants and bars with a beautiful river running right through it. The main large towns are Angouleme, approximately 35 minutes to the north, whilst to the south-west there is Bordeaux (an hour away) and to the south-east, Perigueux in 45 minutes - all are fabulous for shopping and site-seeing. There are also the main Cognac areas (inc Jarnac) which are worth visiting - Remy Martin has a train to go round it's estate and Hennessy has a boat trip over the beautiful river Charente. The wine regions all around Bordeaux are also approximately 45 minutes away. Futuroscope is at Poitiers and is well worth a visit for older children - a brilliant exposition of 3 dimensional Imax cinematography and it has many ‘scary’ simulators too in which you can ride.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Bookings via telephone, email or post. 25% of amount with booking. 75% balance, plus £250 deposit 8 weeks before arrival. Deposit returned by cheque approximately 7-10 days after your departure, assuming no damage.
You will be expected to leave the villa in a clean and tidy state. However, should you wish to have our property manager undertake the final cleaning for you, on your behalf, please let us know at the time of booking as this can be arranged and paid for locally.
All bookings are Saturday to Saturday.
Notes on prices:
- SPECIAL OFFER w/c 17 September - SAVE £100 on THIS, our very last week remaining for the whole Season!! Was £699 and it's now just £599. First come first served, email or call now, these weeks really must go!
- Extra 10% Discount off the 2nd week of any 2-week booking (not in conjunction with other offers, you always receive largest discount when available).
- Large heated private pool - natural salt treatment for excellent health benefits
- UK Satelite TV
- Satellite broadband
- Table tennis table
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We added the heated swimming pool in 1998, and in 2016 we changed it to be a saltwater pool which is amazing and leaves your skin feeling conditioned instead of stripped by chlorine. Over the years we have upgraded the bathrooms and showers. We've redecorated and have kept the warm "French" feel in the rooms upstairs with a more modern feel at the garden level. To get to Maison Belair is a very easy drive - from Calais it takes around 7 hours and is all motorway and dual carriageway until you get to Angouleme, (around 40 mins from the villa). One of the reasons we let people stay at our villa is that now our children are older, they want to see more of the World, other than the Charente and it would be a shame to have such a beautiful property not being enjoyed by somebody. We've had many happy family holidays at Maison Belair and in the Summer one of everyone's particular favourites is a visit to nearby Lac Jemaye where the canoes are provided free of charge by the local Council.”
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- water parks
- winery tours
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 150 m²
- Garden Level Toilet - Toilet, Separate Toilet
- Ensuite Bathroom - Garden Level - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Double sinks with large mirror and fitted cupboards
- Garden Level Main Bathroom - Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Double size shower with basin, large mirror & fitted storage
- Upstairs Bathroom - Bath with Shower, Bidet, Large, separate bathroom with mirror and storage cupboards
- Upstairs Toilet - Toilet, Separate Toilet
- - Upstairs, large Family bathroom - Upstairs, separate WC - Downstairs, large family bathroom with separate double shower cubicle - Downstairs, separate WC. - Downstairs en suite, double-shower room with twin basins and toilet to king size bedded room.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Upstairs Double Bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, Cot is available at a small extra charge
- Upstairs Twin Bedroom - 2 Single Bed
- Garden Level Twin Bedroom - 2 Single Bed
- Garden Level Ensuite Double Bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed, With french doors leading to garden.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on Bedrooms: Upstairs: Bedroom 1 with King size bed. Upstairs: Bedroom 2 with 2 x Single beds. Garden Level: Bedroom 3 with King size bed, en-suite shower room with double basins, french doors to garden. Garden Level: Bedroom 4 with 2 x Single beds
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: Travel cot and/or high chair available at £15 per week. Please note no cot linen or cot pillow is provided. Notice required when booking. We have super-fast 20GB satellite broadband internet access at Maison Belair. Outside: Heated pool is warm, completely private and a large 12 x 6m with steps down into the shallower part at the Roman-end. 6 adult size poolside sun loungers to relax upon and enjoy the surrounding views. The pool is surrounded by a fence, with a child lock on the wooden gate at the entrance. The pool is set just above the orchard (any fruit can be eaten in season - figs, walnuts, apples, cherries) and just in front of the house, within the large garden that surrounds the House, totaling around 1.5 acres. Stunning, panoramic views of Dordogne hills from the swimming pool, the lovely elevated balcony of the house and also from the bedrooms too. The illuminated balcony setting is perfect for evening meals, being just off the kitchen, sipping wines and staring up at the thousands of stars that come out to play each night! We also provide a large barbecue. There is also a new table tennis table with bats and table tennis balls for the more energetic. Utility Room: Automatic washing machine on lower floor (garden level) Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included (not pool towels). Changed prior to your visit and changed upon your departure. You should bring your own pool towels. Other: Covered balcony upstairs making the most of the fabulous views over the pool and Dordogne hills beyond, with French doors leading out from kitchen and the dining room. Table and chairs seat 8 - perfect for al fresco dining.