Country House in St Jean de Thurac, Nr. Agen, Lot et Garonne, France - ountry House in Rural France nearr all Activities/Amenities: Pool, Petanque Are
BED AND BREAKFAST FOR UP TO 12 PEOPLE for . Large house, IDEAL FOR VISITORS WISHING TO ENJOY THE LOT ET GARONNE REGION OF FRANCE parking space for 5 cars. 200m to superb cycle track bordering the Canal Midi Petanque area with boules. Badminton Board GamesRelaxing, private garden, tranquil yet near to all amenities. Wifi/internet available. Large new plancha – steak grill by the 6.5m (child safety) swimming pool. 2 large lounges both with English satellite TV/DVD, upstairs terrace overlooks super gardens. Large downstairs terrace shaded by vines alfesco dining under lovely vines. The Lot Garonne is a fantastic area of sw France with great sceneryand lots of places to visit and enjoy. Near to shopping centre all attractions near to fab Walibi adventure park and amenities for the young and older visitors. The Lot Garonne is a fantastic area of sw France with great sceneryand lots of places to visit and enjoy. Near to shopping centre all attractions near to fab Walibi adventure park and amenities for the young and older visitors. Lovely historical villages nearby.
2 of the bedrooms with en suites with shower and double sink/toilet en suite these are on the ground floor
1 room has a double bedroom with a single bed also poss single bed size folding bed
2 room has a double bed
these rooms have French windows to the garden
= sleeping for 5 /6
There is a large lounge breakfast room with television and brand new kitchen which leads out to the vine covered terrace – lovely to have breakfast there and eat “al fresco” near to this is our new “Olancha” large grill /large cooker and outside fridge – swimming pool 3 metres from this are 3 bedrooms on the top floor
2 double bedrooms and a twin room on the first floor. again with en suite two of these have a shower and toilet and one has a bath and shower both with French windows overlooking the garden- bedrooms have air/con / ceiling fans - French windows to the garden
1 twin room with en-suite and shower – the toilet is just across from this bedroom ( there are actually 9 toilets in the house )French windows to the garden
= sleeping for 6
4 BEDROOMS WITH AIR CON ALSO AIR CON IN UPSTAIRS LOUNGE
Upstairs is another large lounge area table and chairs for 12 large plasma television WITH HD SATELIITE
English/French channels - /stone fireplace with log fire – outside terrace surrounds the upstairs lounge and overlooks the garden
We purchased the house 9 years ago it had originally 3 bedrooms - we have spent the past few years renovating the house – we have rented out for a few years and I have received some letters from previous visitors if you would like to see them I can post these to you
The house is really like to 2 houses in one it is a very large house and visitors seem to really appreciate the space it has -especially the two separate lounge areas-
FULL SIZED TABLE TENNIS TABLE - NEW TENNIS COURT IN VILLAGE – BADMINTON – PETANQUE AREA- 9 LOUNGERS BY THE POOL
Top Traveller Review
We particularly enjoyed cycling along the canal and had some great games of petanque alongside the river.
About the Owner
Whilst we were travelling through France years ago we really liked with this area of France and fell in love with our property and the situation. We enjoy the fact that our property is very private and tranquil and has such a beautiful/private garden. We often go go back to the UK to see our family and we rent out our property - we are very flexible on the arrival and departure dates.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have received several letters from our 'full house lets' from 2009 if you would like to see these please let me know
John and Elaine and boys aged 6, 9 and 15. Kids had a super time enjoying the great cycle track and there is so much to do in the area what a super place for a holiday-especially enjoyed new swimming pool after a day out we made good use of the large BBQ. Such a relaxing place.
The Paisley family - We were 2 families holidaying together and had plenty of space to do our own thing. We especially liked the two lounges and 2 kitchens give us room where we could read and have some space. There were plenty of activities for the children, the renown Walibi Park where we all had a great day out. Also the great 'Aqua' indoor swimming complex with lovely outdoor picnic area. Thoroughly recommended.
The Holmes family. Good place for a holiday. Enjoyed lovely weather for Easter-time. Enjoyed bbq /pool area-super family terrace for our meals very relaxing.
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Returned to 'Les Peupliers' for the third time with large group of friends who all fell in love with it. It is the perfect house for several families with its five ensuite bedrooms, large lounges and fabulous garden full of nooks and crannies for stolen quiet moments. Kate and Michel are so welcoming and considerate of guests' needs. There's always a welcome pack in the fridge (which is very handy if one should arrive late in the day) and plenty of information regarding the house itself, internet, hi-fi, local attractions, markets etc.
We particularly enjoyed cycling along the canal and had some great games of petanque alongside the river.
Les Peupliers is a big, comfortable house with a gorgeous garden. We stayed there with friends and family and found that there was much to do and see in the area such as walking, cycling and driving around the many beautiful towns and villages nearby. It is also a perfect place for doing nothing at all and just enjoying the quiet of the garden and the river bank. We would highly recommend this delightful place to a family or group of friends.
Beautiful house, tranquil location
A most beautiful house, wonderful gardens and such a tranquil setting. House ideal for 2 families as such a lot of space, 2 lounges ideal for us as extended family of 10. Plenty of places for a little peace and quiet! Lovely terraces both upstairs and down, including the wonderful BBQ area. House and kitchen very well equiped, home from home.
We all enjoyed the lovely pool and walks and bike rides along the canal just next to the house.
Unfortunately, due to a member of our group taken very poorly on our first day we didn't explore the area a great deal but did visit some very picturesque villages nearby, enjoyed the tennis court in the village and fishing in river and canal locally.
Kate and Michelle, the truely lovely owners, gave us a very warm welcome on arrival with tea and biscuits! They were the most helpful people when 1 of our group was still in hospital at the end of our holiday. We would all love to return one day.
From the Owner
“We enjoy living here as it has such tranquility and private. One of the best things about the house is the space, it is really like having 2 houses in one which is great when a lot of people stay. We have kitchens and large lounges both upstairs and downstairs, plenty of privacy for all. There is a an abundance of venues within easy driving distance. One of the most popular is the renowned 'Walibi Leisure Park'. Most villages along side the Lot and Garonne rivers have small beach areas.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
If you would like to rent the accommodation to do your own "activity holiday" this can be discussed. We rent the house out in several ways:- as a Bed and Breakfast, self catering, long or short lets, fully catered with guardian in attendance. Please contact the owner to discuss the different options.
The Basin at Arcachon and the Atlantic beaches are about 1 hour 55 mins away. Arcachon is a stylish resort famous for its safe beaches and its seafood. The Atlantic beaches from Biscarosse to Lacanau-Ocean are a surfer's paradise and very lively resorts. In season they are well protected by lifesavers. The Aqualand water theme park at Le Teich, near Arcachon is an invigorating day out!
Agen Railway station 9km. Toulouse airport approximately 1 hour away. Bergerac and Bordeaux airport approximately 1hr 30mins. A car is essential. 'Les Peupliers' is in the department of the Lot et Garonne, one of the 5 departments making up the region of Aquitaine. Lot et Garonne is a area of rolling hills and woodlands. It has the wine regions of, Buzet in particular producing many fine wines. The climate is one of hot, dry summers and mild winters. Summer generally lasts from April-October.
Fantastic outdoor swimming pool/complex in Agen (8km). One of Europe Aquaparks Adventure - 'walibi' huge entertainment value just 25 mins away. The charming historic village of Puymirol is 8km away, the summer home of the famed Counts of Toulouse with renowned restaurant. The surrounding area is filled with picture book villages built on cliffs, with cobbled streets, some of the most beautiful villages in France. Monjoi, Castelsagrat, Montcuq, Lauzerte, Pujols, Moissac, Villeneuve-sur-Lot.
Letters from some of last year guests available.
The nearest bakery is about 4 minutes by car or why not enjoy a short cycle ride along the "Canal du Midi" to pick up your coissants/bread!! ( There has just been 80 thousand euros spent on the beautiful cycle track that runs from Bordeaux to Toulouse-) The track passes our house this has proved to be extremely poplular with our clients - lovely to cycle to the canal to enjoy seeing the pleasure boats cruise the canal and to see people enjoying the cycle track.
Tennis -we have a key to the new tennis court in the village so clients can enjoy as much tennis as they like - rackets/balls available
Fishing - marvellous position for this sport -as the house borders the Garonne River and 2 minutes behind the house is the "Canal du Midi" WE actually own the land just across from the house that is next to the Garonne - we have made steps down to the river -our guests can enjoy fishing in tranquility - and in the heat of the day the trees offer excellent shade - also a beautiful spot to enjoy the fantastic "sunsets" of the South West of France.
Restaurants, shops, pharmacy, supermarkets, banks etc, all 7 minutes away.
The historical town of Agen has a great deal of tourist activities for young/old. Many activity parks.
Horseback riding, hiking, excellent golf course (15 mins away), canoeing, water, great "professional karting" venue with children enertainment and restaurant, American 6 flags amusement and water park. Tour the famous wineries, museums, shopping, sightseeing,reasonably priced restaurants nearby. Village fetes and markets every weekend with dining and dancing under the stars. Concerts (from opera to rock), antiques and book fairs, children's activities, fireworks. In Puymirol there is a medieval fete, in costumes re-enacting the Middle Ages with jousting tournaments on horseback, sword fighting, folk music, mimes, magicians, and food. Prehistoric sites and staligmatic caves.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 6 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
5% extra diiscount for return bookings. Special Rates for small groups. Price includes water, gas and electric.
Flexible changeover dates. The manager will be on hand to welcome you to the property - contact details will be given so you a can phone him in advance of your arrival to enable him to be on hand to show you all the details of the house.
Notes on prices:
PLEASE NOTE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE ASKED US TO US IF WE WILL DO A LOWER PRICE FOR LESS PEOPLE - YES WE WILL DO THAT PLEASE DO E-MAIL ME IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS THIS
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Over the past 5 years we have been working on the house and we now have 6 letting bedrooms. All of these have en-suites which our visitors say is a great plus, letters from last year's visitors available. We rent the house out between April and October Our large house which borders the Garonne River and just behind – 2 minutes walk is the lovely 'Canal du midi'. The 'Marie' have just spent 80.000 euros on the superb one an 90 kilometres cycling track which runs from Bordeaux to Toulouse. We have 11 cycles available for our guests. I like to cycle to watch the pleasure boats we enjoying the cycling especially me as there are no hills!!! My husband is a very keen gardener and we enjoy the lovely garden which is very private and now has a 6.5 metres swimming pool – with safety ladder.”
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 5 en-suite bedrooms. 2 double bedrooms downstairs/en-suite/strigtht out to terrace and gardens. 1 Twin room/ensuite 2 double rooms ensuite all overlooking the gardens. 2 more toilets up/down corridors-very large rooms plenty space for all refs avail
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11/12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 5 bedrooms /en-suite. Sleeps 11/12. All bedrooms have views over the garden. On the downstairs floor the 2 bedrooms / air-con and en-suite/shower (these bedrooms have French windows to the garden. 2 db bedrooms/en-suite air/con and twin room upstairs.
- Notes on accommodation: 2 of the bedrooms are on the ground floor. 3 bedrooms on the first floor. Many rooms have French windows overlooking the attractive gardens. 3 bedrooms have heating/air condition units. 2 bedrooms have heating and ceiling fans. Upstairs - spiral staircase leads to the spacious lounge which has a large stone fireplace, French and English Television, DVD, large lounge settee sitting for 8 also large dining table sitting for 14. Two buffets with relevant crockery/glasses needed. The kitchen is next to the upstairs lounge a large kitchen with wooden units, Electric oven and hob with 3 gas hobs and one electric 1 kitchen buffet and a french dresser. Plenty kitchen utensils and crockery. The lounge leads onto the upstairs balcony which surrounds the upstairs of the house, small table and chairs are on the balcony – giving lovely views of the Garonne river and the farmland. There are 2 bedrooms/en-suites behind the lounge and 3 more bedrooms/ceiling fans off the long corridor. Outside: There is a "child safety" private 6.5 metre round swimming pool with several loungers - it is out of the ground with a special "safety ladder". The attractive garden is large safe and very private. From the downstairs lounge and bedrooms, French doors leads to the vine covered terrace and outdoor area with the very large French style table; under the vines which covers the entire terrace providing welcome shade. The owner is a keen gardener. Apparent in the attractive garden and 3 garden terraces. Extra large stainless steel Barbecue available and garden furniture. There is ample parking for 5/6 cars and several bicycles are available to guests. The immediate area is perfect for long walks and a cycle path passes the front of the property. WE have a selection of cycles for young and older guests - to maintain these in good order we ask for a 10euros per bike to keep them regularly serviced by our local bike shop-when booking please advise bikes required and sizes please Utility Room: We have a special water filter system- cost 2500 euros -ideal -PLENTY OF BEDDING TOWELS AVAILABLE - washing machine- games-tennis ' badminton rackets - plenty boules for the petanque area iron/board Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Please contact owner.