Villa in Kalkan, Turkey - Quite Location, 15 Mins Walk From Kalkan Centre
Villa Ikbal (meaning 'beautiful to the eye') is a private villa with panoramic views overlooking Kalkan village and bay. The villa is appointed to a high standard with marble floors throughout, natural stone walls and an internal spiral staircase to all bedrooms. The villa is fully air-conditioned and double glazed for added comfort. The lounge leads onto an outside dining area with steps down to the large sunbathing terraces and private pool, ideal for relaxing and entertaining.
Top Traveller Review
One of the Best!
About the Owner
We have been visiting Turkey for almost 30 years and first visited Kalkan in 1995. We instantly fell in love with the place and returned again and again, eventually buying a villa in 2006. We love Kalkan, the people and have many Turkish friends in the area. We now have more time to visit and just enjoy relaxing overlooking Kalkan bay.
Guestbook comments from the owner
The villa is very clean, spacious and well maintained........ We spent unforgettable moments in an excellent atmosphere with magnificent views over the bay of Kalkan. We return most likely next year.
Huseyin Yavas and Family, Brussels, Belgium. August 2014.
The villa was perfect with the most amazing views of the mountains and Kalkan Bay. The pool was large and the pool area was also very spacious.
Tracey Abernethy and Family. Hertfordshire, August 2014
The villa ambience exceeded expectations from the website photographs.
Janet Chesterton and Family. Surrey, July 2013
The villa was fantastic . It was immaculate, clean & had everything we required.
Sharon Moon and Family. Lancashire, July 2013
Villa Ikbal lived up to all our expectations with its quality, location and sea views.... Villa Ikbal and Kalkan gave us a holiday we will always remember.
Paul, Michele Barker and Family, Lincolnshire UK. August 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
A beautiful and excellently appointed and spotlessly maintained villa situated in Kalkan and with a view that could not be bettered. We will not hesitate about returning. Mr & Mrs B Newman and Family. Cheshire, June 2010 and May 2011 and 2013, August 2014.
1 holidaymaker review
One of the Best!
An excellent villa in a superb location with wonderful views across the bay of Kalkan from each of the terraces. We have now stayed there 3 times with our son and his young family over recent years and are now planning our next visit. The villa is extremely well maintained and appointed and we are looking forward to seeing the further improvements which have been taking place during this last winter. Situated in a quiet location with uninterrupted views. The walk into town and to the restaurants and shops is very easy though we generally used taxis to take us back home - these are cheap and readily available.
Activity and Interests
Villa Ikbal is approx 15 minute walk to the village and 20 mins to the harbour. There is a small pebble beach next to the harbour which is clean and safe for swimming. Approx 15 mins drive is Patara beach, 18km of golden sand and one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Kaputas beach is also close by on the way to Kas. Five beach clubs are also located around Kalkan and these offer gardens, swimming and other water sports.
Direct flights to Dalaman are available from a number of UK airports with a range of economy and charter airlines. Villa Ikbal is approx 1 hour 40 mins transfer from Dalaman and private transfer can be arranged. Should flights to Dalaman be unavailable then it is possible to fly to Antalya, transfer to Kalkan is approx 4 hours. Car hire is available at the airports or locally in Kalkan if required.
Villa Ikbal is approx 1.5km from the centre of Kalkan. The larger town of Kas is approx 20km along the coast and Fethiye is approx 1 hour away by car. The local area can be explored easily using the local minibuses (the dolmus).
Kalkan has a huge variety of restaurants and shops selling leather goods, carpets, silver etc. There are well stocked supermarkets close to the villa. There are also banks and a post office in the village. Market day is Thursday and well worth a visit. The narrow cobbled streets lead to the harbour where you can relax and watch the world go by. For those who like to be energetic on holiday you can try scuba diving, horse riding, white water rafting, canoeing, paragliding or jeep safari. There are also tours to many of the historical sites in the area (e.g. Xanthos, Tlos, Saklikent Gorge, Kekova and Ephesus).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
To enquire about booking please contact the owners directly by e-mail or phone. A non-refundable deposit of 33% of the total booking fee is required with the signed booking form. The balance of the fee is required 8 weeks prior to the start of the booked period.
The preferred changeover day is Monday. If this is not suitable please contact the owners to discuss alternatives. The villa will be available from 4pm and should be vacated by 12 noon on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Prices may be subject to change at the owners discretion. Discounts are available for a booking period of 3 weeks or longer. Please contact the owners if you wish to discuss availability and pricing for out of season rentals.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 190 m²
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- All bedrooms have en-suite showers and WC There is also a cloakroom WC. Separate shower and WC at the pool level.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Double Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with King Size Double Bed and en-suite. Bedroom 2 with Standard Double Bed and en-suite. Also has an annex with an additional single bed so could be used as a twin bedroom. Bedroom 3 with King Size Double Bed and en-suite.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The villa has a hillside location overlooking Kalkan bay. There is a large open plan living area with an internal spiral staircase leading to the en-suite bedrooms and terraces on two more floors. There are a number of balconies giving wonderful views of Kalkan bay and the surrounding area. The main dining terrace leads down to the private pool and sun bathing area. Outside: Villa Ikbal has a private pool (approx 9metres x 4metres. 2 metres deep at the deep end. Non-swimmers should be supervised at all times) and large sun terraces. Sun loungers and parasols are provided. There is also a small private garden area and an outside dining area overlooking the pool with BBQ facilities. Utility Room: Full laundry facilities are available in the villa. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Included is a daily maid and cleaning service. There is a full linen and towel change twice per week and the pool is cleaned daily. Please bring your own beach and pool towels.