Villa near Sao Bras de Alportel, Magnificent South Facing Views, Secluded Hillside Setting
Casa Farroba is a luxury villa set in its own grounds with a large swimming pool, magnificent southfacing views in a secluded hillside setting, 3 double bedrooms + 2 newly refurbished bathrooms, large living/dining room with open fireplace, air conditioning, wi-fi, LCD TV, DVD, all Sky channels. Fully fitted newly refurbished kitchen, daily maid service. The master bedroom and lounge/dining room open onto a large upper terrace with splendid south facing views. A Moorish BBQ + a large open BBQ are at one end of the terrace. Wide easy steps lead to the poolside and further terracing. The garden has numerous orange, lemon, grapefruit, peach, avocado, almonds and fig trees. Casa Farroba is located in the hills near the small market town of Sao Bras de Alportel and an easy 20 mins drive from airport, beaches and golf courses. 5 mins by car from S. Bras de Alportel, where local shops will cater for all your needs.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
I have visited the Algarve since I was a little girl when my parents fell in love with the rustic nature of the country and friendly people of the Algarve.
Having spent many holidays there my parents finally bought this land and built the villa in the '80's.
Over the years we have all spent many happy holidays and long weekends around the pool or on the beach which is a short drive away.
As the property is mainly used as a second family home it is kept to a high standard for those that wish to rent it - we do this to cover some of our costs of keeping the place in the family.
I now look after the upkeep and lettings of the villa and would be very happy to assist you with any questions you have whilst considering your holiday.
We look forward to hearing from you & welcoming you to our
Guestbook comments from the owner
Villa is fantastic with great views.
We had a wonderful holiday and the villa was as beautiful as we had expected.
It was idealic and so relaxing and peaceful.
5 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Fantastic and spacious villa for a family holiday. With its 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms it allows families to enjoy all comfort. Walking from your bedroom directly onto the terrace with a magnificant view on the mountains. The pool is great fun. From the sunbeds around the pool, we as parents could observe what the childeren were doing. The accomodation is only a few minutes drive from the nice village and the beaches are reachable within half an hour. Great place !
I spent a lovely long weekend in this gorgeously spotless villa. Perfect location with stunning views and in a really peaceful spot. Extremely relaxing. Thoroughly recommend it and will definitely go back again.
An absolute gem
I’ve visited this stunning villa twice and it’s an absolute gem. Perfect location in an ideal setting with breathtaking views over the valley, but five minutes from the local Intermarche. The accommodation is spotless, truly home from home with everything you need, plus a fantastic upper terrace above the pool - great for leisurely breakfasts or alfresco suppers. A little piece of paradise.
This fabulous villa was everything we could have wished for. Comfortable, spacious and a fantastic pool. great outdoor area on two levels, sunshine all day. excellent location near to village and beaches, yet quiet and peaceful. all mod cons including BBQ, big fridge freezer. Highly recommended.
What a Fantastic Villa!
We have now visited Casa Faroba for many years and it never fails to deliver on the wow factor! Clean, airy, so many facilities and set in the most beautiful setting with a magnificent swimming pool and a good variety of local reasonably-priced restaurants.
After every memorable stay, we return home completely relaxed after having had the most perfect holiday.
Activity and Interests
A 20 mins drive from coast/beaches. Val de Lobo and eastwards near Tavira.
Faro airport is a 20 mins drive. Car hire or use of a car is essential.
5 mins from S. Bras de Alportel. 15 mins from Loule, a busy Portuguese market town. 20 mins drive from Tavira, a wellknown historic Moorish coastal town.
20 mins from beaches.
S. Bras de Alportel has numerous shops which will cater for all your needs. A large supermarket is located on the outskirts of the town. There are various banks with Multibanco cashpoints in English and plenty of restaurants to choose from.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Usual changeover day is Saturday.
Arrival time 3 pm, departure time 11 am.
Booking Deposit 20%
Booking confirmed by letter or email.
Balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to departure date.
Keys of villa forwarded 4 weeks prior to departure date.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
10% discount for long winter
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, WC. Bathroom with shower cubicle, WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with super king size bed and air-conditioning. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and air-conditioning. Bedroom 3 with twin beds and air-conditioning
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There are fixed electric radiators in bedrooms and 3 further oilfilled radiators on castors to be plugged in where needed. All bedrooms have dual air conditioning (heating in winter and cooling in summer). The steps to the pool can be closed off to keep young children away from the pool. A welcome pack consisting of bottle of wine, water, bread, butter, cold meat and fresh fruit awaits your arrival. Outside: The garden around the villa and beyond the swimming pool has numerous fruit trees and is designed on 3 levels down the hill. A Moorish BBQ + a larger open BBQ are at one end of the upper terrace, with a large patio table + 8 chairs. The lower terrace surrounds the private swimming pool (10 x 5 m) with 6 sunbeds. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, beach towels and linen are included. The property is cleaned every day, except Saturday and Sunday. Towels and linen are changed every 4 days. Other: Kitchen with built-in appliances. All bedrooms have air conditioning, dressing tables, hanging and storage cupboards.