Apartment in Praia D'el Rey, Silver Coast, Portugal - Peaceful Location, Walking Distance to Golf Course And Glorious Beach
Praia D'el Rey Golf and Beach Resort is one of Portugal's most exclusive (award winning) with pristine beaches, beautiful countryside, world class golf course and luxury facilities. You don't have to be a golfer to enjoy this location. Only 10 minutes away is the historic town of Obidos with horse riding, sailing, biking and child safe beaches on your doorstep. This apartment is luxurious and well equipped with an excellent sunshine position and views over the gardens and pool. Three large bedrooms (one double and two twins that can also be made into doubles) two luxury bathrooms, well equipped kitchen with modern appliances and spacious living/dining room. Free wireless access from the pool house. Central heating makes cosy accommodation during the cooler months. The apartment has TV, DVD and CD Player with a good selection of DVD/CD's, toys, books and games for your entertainment. CD Player can be connected to ipod so you can plug & play. BBQ also available from May 2010. Apartment ideal for couples or large families.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are a family of five and live in the Cotswolds in England. Richard and I have three children. We purchased our apartment off plan in 2004 and have enjoyed many holidays in it over the years. We have rented it out through Owners Direct every year and have had many lovely families and couples renting our apartment.
Back in the UK Richard runs his own craft beer wholesale business in the Cotswolds. Soraya works for a Consultancy in London advising corporates on health and risk in the workplace.
Our children just love coming to our apartment for holidays and we find it and the PDR resort very chilled and relaxing and we love the beaches.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Again we had a fantastic holiday in PDR, to the extent that the kids were hoping we would miss the flight! All in all it was a really relaxing holiday. Everything was perfect with the apartment.
We managed to get to Tribecca on our own (got babysitter through the Irish family next door) and had a beautiful meal - thanks for the recommendation! We would thoroughly recommend a visit to the aquarium in Lisbon and I don't know if you are aware but there is a great English speaking butcher in Serra del Rey.
We would be happy to provisionally book the same 3 weeks for next year"
Mr & Mrs S. from Ireland. June 2013
"Apartment and PDR was lovely! Most enjoyable aspect of the holiday was variety of beaches and lovely places to visit. Very helpful website handy to print things off beforehand. The resort was beautifully laid out and very well kept. Club bar and restaurant great and welcomed families. Aug 13
For more reviews checkout our webiste
5 based on 2 holidaymaker reviews
This was our first visit to Portugal and we couldn't have stayed in a nicer place. The apartment was huge, tastefully decorated, clean and had everything you needed. We were a family of 4 with 2 teenagers and there was plenty of space. It was lovely to be able to walk from the terrace to the pool in a few steps to have a break from the sunbathing. The resort is well tended and beautifully landscaped and although a huge site, was very quiet, especially at night, so very restful. There is a clubhouse with a la carte and bar restaurants and also free wifi. You can get wifi near the apartment too but signal a bit hit and miss. Only one shop on the resort which was very expensive so we shopped in the local small town Serra d'el Rey which is only a 5 mins drive. Would highly recommend and would definitely go back.
Perfect family villa on The Silver Coast
Having only ever been to the south of Portugal, we decided to explore the less developed Silver Coast for half term Oct 13. The villa was perfect for us and our two young daughters aged 5 & 7. It was very well equipped with everything you might need but also felt very homely and inviting. It proved to be an excellent base, the lovely medieval village of Obidos is only a short drive away as too are the surfer beaches at Peniche which are well worth a visit – plenty of golden sand and a very interesting display of surfing skills, our girls loved it. The journey from Lisbon is straight forward – even at night. The directions from the owners were spot on. They were a pleasure to deal with and we felt very relieved to arrive at somewhere so welcoming. The local food we had at the restaurants was good, far less commercial than the south. All in all it was a great choice and I would recommend both the villa and general area to both couples and families, especially those who want something a little bit different away from the Faro crowds.
From the Owner
“We love the Silver Coast for its beautiful coastline, fresh fish, friendly people and peace and quiet. We were looking initially to purchase a property in the Algarve having visited it many times. We were introduced to the Silver Coast by a friend and were smitten - we found it much nicer than the Algarve and less spoilt by tourism. The local food is simple but so fresh and delicious and really good value, which we just love. There are some fabulous towns nearby which are lovely to visit and of course Lisbon has a lot to offer and it is only 45 mins drive. We love it here!”
Activity and Interests
The local Praia Del Rey beach stretches for miles in both directions from the resort and is excellent for sunbathing, walking and surfing. It's a ten minute walk and there are also parking areas for beach access. The local beach is patrolled during the peak season and a lifeguard is based at the beach access beneath the Marriott Hotel. Swimmers and surfers not used to the awesome Atlantic surf should observe the Safe and Danger flags. Baleal, Peniche and Supertubos beaches also nearby.
Approx. 2 hour flight to Lisbon Airport. British Airways, TAP (Air Portugal) and Easy Jet all provide daily flights. Car hire is advised. Praia D'el rey is 55 minutes drive from the Airport and the journey is very straight forward. Summer 06 a new link road will be completed (between the resort and the motorway) which will shorten the driving time to 45 minutes making it even easier! Owner will provide directions from airport.
The hisotic town of Obidos is only a 15 minute drive, with its famous narrow streets and whitewashed houses, shops, bars and restaurants. The fishing town of Peniche is only 20 mins drive with the lovely Baleal beach en route. Caldas Da Rainha is half 1/2 hour scenic drive and is a typical Portuguese spa town with all the facilities you need including hypermarkets, independent shops, hospital & market selling seasonal produce. You are also within driving distance of Lisbon, Estoril and Sintra.
There are good local shops and supermarkets a short drive away and the 5* Marriott Hotel provides excellent sport, leisure and spa facilities which you can benefit from. Tennis courts 3 minutes walk from the apartment (rackets can be hired). There is a seasonal water park at Peniche. We can also recommend good local restaurants that offer mouth-watering seafood, local cuisine and wines. Praia D'el Rey is a beautiful natural environment with friendly Portuguese people - a touch of the real Portugal and a great place to unwind and have fun. A full information pack is provided in the apartment.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Apr 2017 - 23 Jun 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
24 Jun 2017 - 3 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
4 Sep 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
25% deposit to secure booking this is non-refundable. A refundable damage deposit of £250 is also required with final balance payment.
Do email us with any questions you have about the apartment or local area.
Preferred changeover day is Saturday in peak season but we aim to be flexible where possible. We can certainly be more flexible out of season. Minimum 5 days rental in low season and minimum 7 days rental for peak season.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Please note an additional heating charge is made for low season rentals to cover the cost of gas. A damage deposit of £250 is required for each booking. If you prefer to pay in Euros we can take payment in Euros, call or email for price.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our apartment is home from home for us and we have put a lot of effort into making it homely and cosy. We have some great art on the walls and some lovely colourful decor - we love the look and the modern feel. It is always so clean and tidy and well organised. We purchased this apartment deliberately for its location on the comples. It is south facing and gets the sun all day long on the terrace, which is lovely. It is also only a few steps from the pool and baby pool and with small children this was a must. It has a lovely garden and lawn which the kids get the use of to kick the ball and play games - its gives us real space. Being Ground floor you get the benefit of the garden space making it very pleasant. Free wireless access. Our complex is tucked away and is really peaceful.”
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Sauna ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Luxurious bathrooms with quality fittings and superb showers. Plentiful hot water supply and fluffy white towels. Each bathroom has bath, shower, toilet, bidet and double basin within large vanity storage cupboard. Two hairdryers provided.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) + cot Notes on bedrooms: Warm and stylish furnishings in all bedrooms, all work as doubles. 2 can be twins (divan beds). Sheets, duvets, blankets all provided. Two full length mirrors, bedside tables with lamps and large wardrobe with built in drawers. A cot with linen available.
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Suitable for families with young children and with no balconies or steps children have freedom to run around outside. Supervision by pool is obviously essential. There is a shallow baby pool and a large pool with a deep end (but not very deep so child friendly). Our apartment is strictly non smoking. Being ground floor, it is very suitable for elderly and infirm. Inside the apartment is suitable for wheelchairs but there is a lip at the front door and patio doors. Patio terraces are accessed by double opening patio doors - great for BBQ's. The golf clubhouse, which serves excellent meals and provides a takeaway service, also caters for wheelchairs as does the 5 star Marriott Hotel located within the resort. We also provide up to two cots with linen, high chair, toddler step, potty and change mat to help lighten your load. All guests will receive a welcome pack on arrival providing essential groceries Outside: Access to covered terrace from living room and kitchen, which opens onto lanscaped gardens providing plenty of seating, sunbathing and playing areas. Garden furniture (table, 6 chairs and 2 sunloungers all wood) also provided for alfresco dining along with a gas BBQ. As the apartment is south facing you get all day glorious sunshine and the covered terrace provides suitable shade. Utility Room: Washing appliances are in the kitchen. Iron, ironing board and clothes drying rack also provided. High chair is also available in the apartment, which attaches to the dining chairs easily. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Clean towels and linen provided for your arrival with you beds made up for your arrival. Weekly maid service is also provided including weekly clean, change of bed linen and fresh towels. Towels are for apartment use only. Beach towels are not provided. Other: Rooms have great aspect over the landscaped gardens and pool. Living room has two double french doors and the kitchen has single door which all open directly on to sun terrace. Outdoor table with 6 chairs and 2 steamer/sun loungers, all wood.