Alexander Cottage, Gardenstown, Banffshire - Only 30 metres from the Sea
This former fisherman's cottage which dates from the 1860's is part of the quaint Seatown area of Gardenstown. It is only 30 metres from the sea and offers comfortable accommodation for up to 8 people. It has electric heating throughout but also a solid-fuel stove which can heat the radiators for the more eco aware. It has a comfortable sitting room, dining kitchen and 3 bedrooms. There are sideway sea views from the bedroom windows. There is also an elevated decked area in the garden where you can admire the sea view.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Just a note to say a very big thank you for our wonderful stay at Alexander Cottage! After our 13 hour drive the house was a welcome and peaceful relief. We thought the cottage was great and the area fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful house and place with us. Warm wishes, Katie and Simon.
Just a quick note to thank you for allowing us to stay in your beautiful holiday house. We had a wonderful time and consider ourselves privileged to have experienced such a pristine area, you are indeed lucky. I have come away with tons of photos and beautiful memories. Thank you. Andrew and Therese (Brisbane, Australia)
We are just back from a weeks stay at the cottage and wanted to let you know what a great time we had. We loved the cottage and the area, and spent a lot of our sunny evenings sitting up at the garden area. Our kids had a great adventure - they're 4 and 2.
This property doesn't have any reviews yet!
Activity and Interests
The cottage is only 30 metres from the sea and the garden enjoys views over Gamrie Bay where you may catch sight of a dolphin. The bay has many interesting features including rockpools, the sandy beach and the harbour. The dolphin and whale rescue centre is located in the village. At the nearby towns and villages you could try some outdoor pursuits, take a boat trip or perhaps even do some scuba diving. Bird watching is popular at nearby Troup Head.
Aberdeen is the nearest city and is only 45 miles south. The city has an international airport, railway and bus stations providing onward travel links throughout the UK and beyond. The highland capital of Inverness is the next nearest city and like Aberdeen has an airport and good train links. It is advisable to have use of a car to fully appreciate what the area has to offer. However the village does have a local bus service to Banff (6 miles).
The next village along the coast is Pennan which was used as a location in the film "Local Hero", and there are several other coastal villages which are worth a visit. The nearest towns of Banff and Macduff (6 miles) offer more choice of shops, restaurants and leisure activites. The Marine Aquarium in Macduff is well worth a visit as is Duff House Art Gallery and the Scottish Lighthouse Museum in Fraserburgh (12 miles). You could also discover the Whisky or Castle Trail.
Within the village all the basic services are provided. There are a couple of grocery shops, restaurant (open in the mid-high season) and of course a good local pub which serves food. The nearby towns of Banff and Macduff will offer a wider range of shops and services.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Christmas New Year
24 Dec 2016 - 8 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£50|
25% deposit required at time of booking. Balance to be paid in full 2 calendar months prior to holiday. Full terms and conditions listed on owners website. Pet an additional £15.
Change over day is Saturday. Departure by 10am please. Arrival from 4pm. Short or longer breaks may also be available. Please contact owner for details.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom which is on the ground floor has a shower over the bath.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms) +sofabed and pullout bed. Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and footstool bed (suitable for a child only). Bedroom 3 with large single bed. A double sofabed in the lounge. Travel cot on request. All beds are made up with fresh linen.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The cottage is heated by electric storage heaters but there is also the central heating which is fired by the solid fuel stove. We have our own children and young guests are very welcome. There are a selection of toys, books, DVDs and some board games in the cottage for guests to use. Outside: The cottage has the added bonus of some outside space. There is a patio to the front of the cottage and a rockery with shared rotary clothes dryer. At the top of a few steps is a new decked area with sea views where you could have a barbeque or just sit and admire the view. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The beds are made up with fresh white linen for your arrival and towels are provided for use within the cottage only. Please bring your own linen for the cot if required. The cottage will be cleaned before your arrival.