Villa in Lardos, near Lindos, Rhodes - Mountain Views, 1.5km to Sea, in Gated No-Through Road
The Garden Villa at The White Houses of Lardos - Luxury 3 bedroom holiday villa benefiting from private pool, sun terraces and extensive garden. Situated to the south of the Island of Rhodes on the edge of the 300 year old village of Lardos near Lindos. Lively village atmosphere only steps away where tavernas, cafes, shops of all varieties can be found. Surrounded by pine covered mountains and olive groves it is 5 minutes drive to the nearest beaches. For families easy access to go-karting, crazy golf and water sports. Luxuriously furnished from Habitat and John Lewis. Free wifi available. Swimming pool surrounded by terraces for alfresco dining, with lawns and extensive planting. Rooms have air conditioning. House equipped with smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and first aid kit. Cot and high chair on request. Wireless access available. EOT reference 3445/4-7-2013
Top Traveller Review
very good home from home
About the Owner
Our love affair with the Greek islands commenced more than 20 years ago. Regular visits to Rhodes led eventually to our decision to make it our second home. The sheer variety that the island offers ranging from the medieval Rhodes Town to the deserted beaches in the south combined with warm deep blue warm waters of the Aegean. Our perfect island destination.
Guestbook comments from the owner
‘Probably the best holiday I have had and the kids agreed - superb place and wonderful village. We got on so well, will have to go back’ - Murphy family.
‘The brochure did not do justice to your place’ - The Burlings.
‘The house is fantastic. Something for everyone... A local wedding happened in Lardos was great invited us to join. Go karting and water sport you must tell others’ - Threshie family.
2 holidaymaker reviews
very good home from home
relief when 4 of us walked in what a lovely home we were late getting in 2 am and lovely welcome pack waiting and lovely clean villa that impressed already trying to book for next year
lovely well equipped villa
We stayed for a week in this lovely property . It is furnished to a high standard throughout and well equipped , especially in the kitchen . Nice little touches like beach towels, hairdryer and a welcome pack with basic essentials very welcome . Also very safety conscious with fire extinguishers and very clean and smart. Kate, the owner, was helpful via email and the booking process and obtaining keys was easy. The outside areas and pool are perfect for outdoor living and relaxing . The villa is located in Lardos , a quiet traditional Greek village with several good quality restaurants, bars and shops including 2 supermarkets in easy walking distance . Car hire or taxi s can easily get you to other nearby places including Lindos , Pefkos, crazy golf and several beaches --Lardos and Haraki beach and castle are worth visiting. The scenery is stunning .
We loved the quietness of the traditional village and friendly people but found it easy to get out and about further afield. The weather was fantastic and we had a wonderful week. We wanted a high standard of facilities and cleanliness and the villa ticked our boxes well. Thankyou .
From the Owner
“Over 300 days of sunshine per year and the warm blue Aegean sea make Rhodes a wonderful place to spend time relaxing and exploring. Whether it be a week by the pool or longer exploring the towns, villages, mountains and beaches of this fabulous Island. After 20 years of regular visits we are still discovering new places and things to do. Our personal favourites remain wandering in Lindos, exploring the medieval walls and streets of Rhodes Town and swimming at Haraki beach. We also find no stay complete without a visit to breathtaking views of Monolithos”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beaches are 20 mins walk or 5 mins drive. There are a mixture of well developed beaches with facilities right through to deserted quiet beaches in the far south of the island. A selection of sandy and shingle beaches are within 15 mins drive of the property. An information pack with directions and recommendations on beaches, restaurants and sightseeing is supplied for all guests.
Rhodes airport is a 50 min drive to the property. Detailed driving directions are supplied with booking confirmation. A rental car is recommended.
Two UNESCO World Heritage sites are within easy reach. The famous town of Lindos is a 5 min drive. The ancient medieval walled city of Rhodes Town is a 50 min drive to the north of the island. The coastline is dotted with the ruins of Crusader Castles. Several nearby villages have ancient Byzantine churches with fabulous frescoes.
A variety of shops, restaurants and bars are within 3 mins walk in the centre of the lively village of Lardos. These include a butcher, fish market, bakery, fresh fruit and vegetables. There is a pharmacist, bank and information centre. Buses and Taxis are available from the central square to the rest of the island.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Sep 2016 - 30 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings are taken all year round. Please contact us by email or phone to make enquiries regarding availability, offers and bookings. 20% is required immediately to confirm a booking and 50% 3 months prior to departure. Full details of the booking conditions are available.
There is flexibility of changeover as direct flights now go more days of the week. Normal check-out is 10am on day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
A reduction is given for booking for 2 weeks.
Special prices are available for NHS Staff. Please ask for prices for out of season - November to March. No charge for cot and high chair or wireless access. No charge for air-conditioning.
We do take bookings for variation on length of stay, ie 10 days.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The White Houses are located on the edge of a friendly village which is opened all year round, with all the services one could wish for. With views over the olive groves and mountains. When you rent our house from us we will send you our regularly updated listings of beaches, restaurants and other attractions. We write this ourselves and is based purely on our own experiences. Personal favourites also include buying our fish from the man that caught it, eating grilled chicken from Savvas Grill or an amazing pasta dinner at Roulas. You will not go hungry!”
- Air Conditioning
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower-rooms on first and ground floors each with with WC, wash hand basins with mirror over, towel rails, fully tiled. Walk in shower cubicles.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: 3 Bedroom Villa with Private Pool Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 on 1st floor with king size bed, fitted wardrobe, opening to views over mountains. Bedroom 2 with king size bed, fitted wardrobe. Opening to same viewing terrace with chairs. Bedroom 3, ground floor, with two large single beds, fitted wardrobe.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: All rooms have air conditioning and shutters to keep rooms cool. Safety: Smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, first aid kit. Smoking is outside only please. Off street covered parking. Pool and garden are maintained regularly. Private pool open on to terraces and lawns. Cot and high chair are available on request. The house has wireless access available and has all the amenities you would expect in a family home. TV, DVDs, hairdryer, coffee machine, BBQ. Outside: Private pool. Sun loungers, mats and cushions are provided. Large brick built traditional BBQ, terrace tables and chairs for alfresco dining. Sun terraces south facing for sun all day. Shaded seating area for reading and relaxing. Utility Room: Walk-in storage cupboard with ironing board, iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Beach towels, full set of towels, linen are included with change occurring weekly. Washing machine available for any additional washing. If an accident occurred or quest wanted additional services can be available Other: The 2nd downstairs terrace has further round table and chairs. Swimming towels, linen, towels, blankets are provided. Beautiful brick built outdoor barbecue area. Denby crockery and John Lewis cutlery.