Country apartment in Cortes de la Frontera, Nr. Ronda, Andalucia - Peaceful Rural Location, Ideal For Walking Holidays
This is the 'real' Spain - a working village in the mountains of Andalucia, about 35km SW of historic Ronda and a 2 hour drive from Malaga airport. Our accommodation has all the necessary bits and pieces for you to enjoy either a short or extended self-catering stay. Dedicated guest terraces lead to our swimming pool, and all with exceptional views. We are a 10 minute walk from the village of Estacion Cortes de la Frontera and are on a small hill overlooking the Guadiaro river. Walking birdwatching, or just chilling out are the main reasons guests come here...and there's all of historic Andalucia on your doorstep to explore. The small single track railway stops at the village station and allows journeys to Algeciras and even Granada. Sevilla is a 2 hour drive and the sophistication of Marbella and Puerto Banus is just over an hour's drive away if the tranquility gets too much for you. We are registered with the Andalucia Ministry of Tourism and our number is: VTAT/MA/00653.
Top Traveller Review
Excellent property in a stunning location
About the Owner
David and Hilda have run this haven of rural tranquility in Andalucia for 15 years but have now decided to retire and move elsewhere in Spain. The new owners . Placido and Trini - want to continue to provide accommodation for visitors to this area in 2017 and are taking over the finca and the apartment just as David and Hilda have run it in the past. They are Spanish and speak English extremely well so can bring another dimension to your stay here. David and Hilda will continue to accept bookings on behalf of Placido and Trini so please email them with any questions or queries and they'll try and help.
4.9 based on 22 holidaymaker reviews
Excellent property in a stunning location
David and Hilda where excellent hosts very helpful with lots of advice on the local area. The property and its surroundings are beautiful and kept to a very high standard of cleanliness. We had a lot of trips out planned however we ended up spending most of our time at the Finca with the cats and dogs for company. We would recommend a visit to Rhonda to visit some of its spectacular attractions such as the walk down the hidden stairs to the gorge, we had a lovely day there. If you are looking for a lovely getaway we would definitely recommend this Finca and David and Hilda will point you in the right direction for excellent Tapas!!
Really friendly and great base for exploring .
Really cute accomodation and spotlessly clean. David and hilda were really helpful prior to stay giving us fab directions to their finca. Sadly we had some freaky wet weather but every night we came back from exploring we arrived home to a warm and well lit retreat. The area and white towns, villages and mountains near by david snd hildas finca are phenomenal . You would need a car but the train station is close by. I would strongly recommend staying here if you are up for a walking or exploring holiday.
Charming apartment in glorious setting
This charming country apartment met and exceeded our expectations. Everything was spotless and beautifully maintained. David and Hilda were incredibly welcoming and they have thought of everything - the larder and fridge were stocked with eggs, bread, milk etc., the bathroom was supplied with all kinds of toiletries and there is a library of interesting and useful books about Spain. They gave us great advice about what to do and where to go. This spot is perfect for visiting Ronda or the coast but our favourite activity was taking the train a few stops along the valley and hiking the trail back along the river. Sitting outside in their lovely garden on a chaise lounge and enjoying the spectacular views was very nice too!
We would most definitely recommend this little bit of heaven to our friends. Wish we were still there!
Marvelous country retreat
We easily found the property following the owners clear directions however we wished we had taken the Ronda route rather than the busier one via Estepona. A very warm welcome from Hilda, David and the pets was much appreciated. The little casita had everything we needed. It was spotless and comfortable. The food pack provided was very useful. The Wi-fi worked well. The garden and pool area was a wonderful oasis of calm. We loved the views. Hilda and David gave us lots of ideas of things to do in the locality. A week wasn't long enough to fully explore the area. We enjoyed visiting Ronda, Estepona (recommend the charcoal grilled fish in the beach restaurants, expensive but a real treat), Pileta prehistoric caves (English & Spanish spoken) and the interesting white villages. The scenery is stunning with good bird watching opportunities. Hilda and David were wonderful hosts.
Beautiful location, very relaxing holiday
We had a wonderful holiday at Finca las Delicias. The apartment, grounds and surrounding areas were just as I had expected them to be and looked exactly as they do on the pictures. Everywhere was kept immaculately clean and tidy.
Our hosts were lovely people, very friendly and welcoming and very helpful with local information.
We mainly spent our time on the patio and in the pool as it was very hot. We didn't hire a car but you can get around by train, the station is only a 10 minute walk away.
It is a very quiet village, a couple of local bars and a few very small shops, definitely not on the tourist track, which suited us down to the ground. I would highly recommend this place and would definitely go back again.
We have recently returned from a lovely stay with David and Hilda at their Finca near Cortes de La Frontera. From the outset we were made to feel very welcome and their hospitality throughout our stay was never ending. The welcome pack and all it contained was delightful after a long journey and the invitation to pick from Hilda's herbs and from the abundant fig tree was too inviting for words. Both David and Hilda were very helpful in terms of places to visit, places to eat and drink and just in general. We chose to stay close to home most days and enjoyed the delights of the pool, the views and the terraces, however ventured further afield on occasions to visit some of the local villages and surrounding area. The local bars and restaurants that we tried were very friendly serving good local food and drink at very reasonable prices. We would love to visit this area again and may return to see you both (I hear the groaning of the recycle bins already). Truly a lovely spot and lovely people. Thank you again.
Activity and Interests
If beach time is essential, Sabanillas is a 1 hour drive south and Estepona a wee bit more. Gibraltar is 75 minutes by car and Marbella and Puerto Banus about 90 minutes. The Atlantic coast of Spain - Tarifa along to Cadiz - is about 1.5 - 2 hours drive away with some of the few remaining unspoilt beaches in this part of Spain. These latter are noted wind surfing areas.
The most used airport is Malaga (2 hours drive away) - but guests also use Jerez (90 mins) - Sevilla (2 hours) or - the closest - Gibraltar (75 mins) We have even had guests arrive from Granada by train and our local station is a 10 min walk away.
For those using Malaga airport wishing to hire a car, we recommend Helle Hollis with whom we have negotiated a discount - book on-line and quote "Home Owner's Club No. H7841" for your 15% off.
Ronda, with its famous bullring and medieval Arab buildings is a 35 Km drive along spectacular mountain roads (or by train) and the equally historic, but far bigger, city of Sevilla is a 2 hour drive. Closer to hand are all the "pueblos blancos" (white villages) for which Andalucia is renowned and where you can lose a day just wandering the steep, narrow alleyways. Limestone caves are on the doorstep including the famous Cueva de la Pileta with it's prehistoric cave paintings.
Our village has the basic amenities - shop, bank (that opens for an hour a couple of days a week!) and several bars where you can eat magnificently for next to nothing. Neighbouring villages have more to offer such as dedicated restaurants and banks which open every day (!) - but only in the morning. Seriously, this is a "chill-out" location for those who love the mountain scenery and the traditional way of life of the "old" Spain.
It's also the norm that itinerant sellers of local produce pass the finca and you can buy locally baked fresh bread most mornings, fruit and vegetables once or twice a week, fish (almost) every day and, according to the seasons, things like chestnuts, melons and water melons, all from the men and women who grow them.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 1 Oct 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Changeover days are flexible as we recognise that your travel arrangements are determined by factors which we have escaped from. If you want a mid-week break or a long weekend - no problem. We do, however, want a minimum 3 night stay.
Notes on prices:
The price is for the apartment per night which sleeps 2 people. For stays in excess of 2 weeks, we may be able to negotiate special deals with each client. In Winter months you should budget for additional heating costs in the form of gas bottles - say £15 - £25 per week.
We want a 25% deposit to secure each booking, with the balance payable 1 month before arrival. Each of these payments is non-returnable should you change your mind. To make life easy for our UK guests, we have a UK bank account so you can transfer the money, usually at no cost to you if you use on-line banking.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- not suitable for children ...
- pets not allowed
- smoking allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 44 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- A large, Spanish tiled bathroom with bath and shower over, bidet, basin and wc give a touch of luxury. All soaps, shower wash, shampoo, and towels are supplied and changed when needed. We also provide bath robes and a hairdryer.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) The bedroom has a standard sized double bed with more than adequate storage in the wardrobe and chests. Flagstone floors keep it cool and the room is light and airy, bathed in morning sunshine. We also supply good quality bedding.
- Golf ...
- We are happy to share our facilities with our guests and you may use our washing machine and ironing board, borrow any of our books, pick from our herbs and veg patch etc etc. You may also choose to integrate into our way of living or remain completely private - we'll respect either choice. We are always on-hand to advise on places to go, things to see, what to ask for in Spanish or direct you to local attractions that you might not know about. In the house we don't find air-conditioning is needed as the design of the building - with wooden shutters and thick walls, along with flagstone floors - keeps the interior cool during the days. For the Winter months, a safe wall mounted gas fire provides adequate warmth, along with cosy feather duvets. We are not isolated and have close Spanish neighbours. Our finca is set in an acre of land overlooking the Guadiaro river and has 70 white grape vines and, in March to June, an abundance of wild flowers. We have an 8 metre pool (used May to Sept as it's heated by the sun) which our guests share with the 2 of us. There are two separate terraces for guests, one with a table and chairs for dining and the other with sun loungers and some shading from the sun. Outdoor cooking facilities are also available, dependent upon the time of year, in the form of a brick-built barbecue (although there are severe restrictions on outside fires in this part of Andalucia because of the very real danger of "forest" fires). From April to October, you may use outdoor gas burners/cooking rings as an alternative (as the Spanish do) and we also have a large gas powered barbecue. There is adequate off-road parking on our land and it is quite secure with lockable gates. As the apartment is attached to our own home, we are quite happy to share our washing machine in our utility room with our guests. We provide towels - including poolside towels and these are changed weekly, along with the bed linen - twice a week in the warmer months. We provide a basic daily "maid" service. We keep the apartment non smoking, but provide ashtrays for outdoors. You will find a welcome hamper (A seasonal fruit bowl along with local produce, eggs, bread, chilled beer, soft drinks, wine, milk, tea, coffee, olives, etc). There is a WiFi facility so you may use your laptop/other internet device from the apartment.