Farmhouse close to Porto Petro, Alqueria Blanca, near Santanyi , Mallorca - Countryside Location 10 minutes by Car to Beaches and Porto Petro
C'an Bassa Coll is a beautiful old farmhouse ideally set in unspoilt countryside - very suitable for two families sharing - with dramatic views toward the mountains of the Sierra Levante. The house, garden and pool is surrounded by typical Mallorcan farmland with wild olives,orange, lemon, almond, carob and fig trees. Rough stone walls and beamed ceilings create a mood of timeless tranquility. Large swimming pool with spectacular mountain views. Great terrace with plenty of shade. The nearest sandy beach, Cala Mondrago, is within a large national park and just 10 minutes drive away.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
You might like to know.
We have been visiting Mallorca and our houses there for some 40 years. Now we live in London and Mallorca where we have many good friends in the South East where our Fincas are situated.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Sitting by the pool on a hot July day, listening to the crickets and looking out over the pool toward the mountains, life can hardly get better." Alistair Sawday's 2011 guide to Spain - Special places to stay.
We had such a wonderful holiday at your house. C'an Bassa Coll has a happy and welcoming spirit about it. The whole place is so well thought out and beautifully planned. I loved all the little extra touches from the rack full of straw hats and the wonderful bowl of lemons to the complimentary wine (thank you). The view from the terrace is stunning and well framed by the palms - the little black gate in the wall gives an invitation to walk beyond the garden. From a practical point of view, the house was welcoming and spotlessly clean when we arrived. I cannot recommend the house highly enough - I was very sad to leave. Thank you for providing such a delightful retreat. It was a privilege to stay there and I'm so glad I found your website - all was as promised. Sand
2 holidaymaker reviews
C'an Bassa Coll is the perfect holiday villa for every age group. Children love the large pool and extensive gardens for games and adventures. For the rest of the family there are sun loungers and umbrellas around the pool or quiet shadey areas to read or just admire the beautiful gardens. The villa is very well equipped for modern family life, lashings of hot water, comfortable beds and Editha and Alex look after the house and garden beautifully and are very helpful and charming. The very informative house book recommends beaches, restaurants and places to visit. We particularly enjoyed Sa Placa - tapas in the Square in Alqueria Blanca and Santanyi market on Wednesday mornings, go early! We have been going to Majorca as a family for 22 years, we love it and C'an Bassa Coll is our favourlte villa by far.
We had a wonderful week with our children and grandchildren 8 Adults and 4 young children
The villa was perfect ,each family had their own space if and when they needed it
We found the villa spotlessly clean ,well equipped and beautifully furnished and lovely Edithia the housekeeper came half way through the week to clean and she will babysit !!
The villa is very private and quiet surrounded by countrysde (no noisy neighbours)
Pool and garden beautiful and well maintained .
Lovely beaches minutes away
Porto Petro a short drive away with a variety of restaurants
we recommend Maritimo and La Caracola
Also in walking distance from the villa is the restaurant Campos which had a poor reputation but now recently taken over by Maritomos owners and well worth a visit ,excellent food !
We would certainly recommend this villa to any one
we hope to visit again one day
From the Owner
“When we first glimpsed the Finca, we fell in love with the rough roof tiles and the long ,low form of the deserted house. Later, we saw the spectacular view of the mountains of the Sierre Levante and knew our pool had to go just there. Magic and sheep bells, cicadas and peaceful evenings on the terrace. Surrounded by Mediterranean gardens and yet the beach of Cala Mondrago is 10 minutes away and what a beach ! The fishing harbour of Porto Petro is five minutes away from the house. Small white harbour houses and boats with many restaurants make this a favourite haunt for dinner beside the sea lapping at your feet.”
Activity and Interests
10 minutes by car to twin beaches at Cala Mondrago in a nature reserve.
15 minutes by car to 3 other beaches.
Palma airport is 40 minutes drive. Car hire is recommended
Porto Petro 5 minutes drive with colourful fishing boats, shops, bars and restaurants.
Cala Mondrago twin beaches in national park - 10 minutes drive
Alqueria Blanca 5 minutes drive with shops, bakery, restaurants, small bar, village square and weekly market.
Santanyi 10 minutes drive with bustling village market twice weekly.
Porto Colom 15 minutes with large harbour and promenade restaurant.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Required deposit is 25% of total cost, the balance is due 8 weeks before departure.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“When guests return they talk about the magical terrace and the peaceful surroundings. The fun their children have in the pool or playing table tennis. They love the famhouse ambience and the comfortable bedrooms with the well fitted kitchen and bbq being great favourites. We are very happy when we see such a happy guest book!”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- 300 m²
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with bath, shower bidet WC & basin in the Main House for double and twin. Bathroom with shower WC and basin in the stable apartment. En-suite bathrooms in the 2 Extra large garden bedrooms with shower, bidet WC and basin.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main house with 1 twin & 1 double. Stable apartment with 1 double + 1 single with own terrace. Plus Extra Large bedrooms en suite in garden with 1 twin & 1 double each with own terrace. 5 metres from main house. All bedrooms have air-conditioning.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: An ideal location for families, gated access surrounded by fields. All bedrooms are air conditioned. Outside: Pool 12m x 4m. Loungers, table and chairs. Table Tennis, extensive Mediterranean gardens, fields, 5 terraces. Mountain and sea views. Beautiful terraces with plenty of shade. Utility Room: Washing machine, spin dryer, wash-basin, iron and board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels, including beach towels are included. Maid service 3 times a week. Cook and babysitter available at extra charge. Other: During the long warm months, the lengthy covered terrace for shaded dining with barbecue and mountain views becomes the main room of the house. The table seats 12. A guest called this terrace: "The finest in Mallorca."