Apartment in Estrela da Luz, Praia da Luz, Western Algarve - Close To Centre Of Luz Village And Shops, Just 5 Mins Walk To Beach
Fully equipped modern, split-level apartment in the luxury Estrela da Luz resort, featured on Channel 4's A Place in the Sun. The spacious 2 bedroom apartment is fully air-conditioned and has under-floor heating, with direct lift access. A luxury, landscaped resort, Estrela Da Luz provides everything needed for a leisure or golfing holiday, or short break. The family-friendly resort comprises some 140 apartments grouped around three outdoor pools, including a children’s paddling pool. The Estrela Health and Beauty facility includes a further indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi and sauna room, with fully equipped gym, fitness studio, and beauty/therapy rooms. The resort also has a large friendly bar/café serving snacks, meals and drinks throughout the day and evening, with free wireless internet access and a games room. In addition, there are poolside snack/lunch bars, staffed reception and recreational and sports facilities, including a kids' club.
Top Traveller Review
Fully satisfied 100%
About the Owner
1 holidaymaker review
Fully satisfied 100%
Wonderful location, flat all we could expect, clean and everything you need for a holiday, well equipped and everything for eating in and restaurants nearby for a lovely evening out. We have been to this flat and complex many times and will keep coming back. Can recommend 100%.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Golfing packages and beauty/therapy breaks can be arranged.
The lovely promenade which leads down to the sandy Praia da Luz beach is just a 5 minute walk. Sheltered by stunning sandstone cliffs, fringed by rock pools and offering a range of water sports, the large beach is ideal for families, with numerous beachside cafés, restaurants and bars.
There are direct flights from most UK regional and major airports to Faro International (flying time from 2½ to 3 hours). Faro airport is approximately a 50 minute motorway drive from Luz. A train service also operates from Faro to Lagos. You can arrange a hire car from the airport, or in Luz. Alternatively, transfers can be arranged if you prefer, and with local buses and taxis available in Luz centre, you need not hire a car for this holiday.
Estrela da Luz is close to the centre of the delightful village of Praia da Luz; the large beach, local supermarkets and range of shops, cafés and restaurants are all within a 5-10 mins walk from the apartment.
Luz itself is a gateway to the less populated village resorts and beaches of the western Algarve. 6km east is the town of Lagos, with its 7 mile Meia Praia and beautiful Dona Ana beaches and marina, together with a wide range of shops, restaurants and bars.
In additional to all the expected holiday resort facilities, Praia da Luz also has several banks and English-speaking medical practices. Inland are the mountains of Monchique and to the west, Sagres and Cape St. Vincent, the most south-western points of mainland Europe. The beach villages of Burgau and Salema are within easy distance of the apartment, as are family attractions such as Zoo Marine, water parks, crazy golf and Lagos Zoo. Portugal’s capital, Lisbon, is about a 3 hour car journey.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 30 Sep 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Cancellation refunds: 4-6 weeks 50% of rate refunded. 2-4 weeks 25% of rate refunded. Less than 2 weeks no refund.
Preferably Saturday, but can be flexible depending on other bookings. Check-in and check-out times are usually 4pm and 10am respectively to allow for cleaning. Arrangements may be made at reception for earlier arrivals and later departures.
A non-refundable deposit of 20%, payable upon booking. Balance to be paid 6 weeks prior to holiday by cheque or bank transfer.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with bath/shower combination, vanity unit, bidet and WC. A luxury en-suite bathroom adjoins the master bedroom with corner shower, vanity unit and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/ 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Large luxury master bedroom on upper floor, has king size bed, two fitted wardrobes with dressing area and en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 has twin beds, large fitted wardrobes and a safe. Both bedrooms are air-conditioned. Single put-up bed in lounge.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There is a multi-purpose sports area, with tennis (coaching available), a multi-sport court and children's play area. Horse-riding, water sports, golf and sea fishing can all be arranged. A family friendly resort, Estrela da Luz offers a children’s club in peak season and use of a sister resorts in the area. A small additional charge, payable locally, secures use of luxury pool towels as required. The resort has secure underground parking, with reserved spaces for residents, serviced by a lift to the apartment, and a 24-hour reception with helpful staff on-hand. Outside: Large south-facing balcony with sea views; access from kitchen and lounge, equipped with table, chairs and sunbeds. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Mid-week cleaning and towel change is included. Further cleaning/laundry can be arranged at reception, payable locally. Guests provide their own beach towels. Other: A baby's cot and/or highchair can be arranged at a cost 35€/week, payable at reception.