Villa in Quatrim do Sul, near Olhao, Tavira & Fuzeta, Eastern Algarve - Quietly And Conveniently Located Near Olhao, Tavira And Fuseta
The villa is within the quiet village of Quatrim do Sul between the fishing town of Olhao to the west and the historic town of Tavria to the east. The villa provides a great place to relax if you just want to chill by the pool, look at the view and cook sardines on the barbecue! - and also provides a base from which to explore the coast and beaches, inland countryside and the surrounding towns.
The villa is perfect for families, groups of friends, bird-watchers, star-gazers, beach-combers, cyclists, hikers, kayakers, sailors, fishers, golfers, eaters & drinkers, sunbathers, swimmers and especially those who like to just sit and do nothing for a while!
Casa Jardim Formosa is around 30 minutes drive east from Faro airport. The village is south of the N125 - check out the map to see how close to the sea we are!
The villa is situated in a quiet "cul-de-sac" of just two other properties, and has a fruit & vegetable garden plot to one side and an almond/olive grove to the other. In front are open views to the Ria Formosa and beyond to the Atlantic Ocean. The garden is private and fully enclosed.
There is a large, "calcada" (natural stone) driveway with parking for several vehicles. The villa sits within the middle of the garden which includes lawns, flower beds and fruit trees.
The villa benefits from air conditioning (cool in the summer, warm in the winter), and wireless internet. The spacious villa (300m2 plus) has views across garden to the lagoons and beyond to the ocean from all bedrooms and living rooms with cool, marble floors on the ground floor and traditional tiled floors elsewhere. The villas "wings" embrace the view and the rooms spread out from the central circular "turret" which provides a spacious entrance hall with staircase to the first floor.
The pool is the main feature of the garden and offers a gentle introduction to swimming for youngsters with its "Roman" end and shallow steps (10 x 5m plus the Roman end). The pool terrace has recently (Winter 2014/2015) been relaid with local "Santa Catarina" terracotta tiles and provides plenty of space for sunbathing whilst enjoying the open skies and beautiful views of the Ria Formosa natural park.
Top Traveller Review
Peaceful, Fantastic Views, Relaxing
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Great time was had by all (naturally) but it really is a 5* place. Already counting down the days to next years visit!
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
Peaceful, Fantastic Views, Relaxing
Enjoyed staying in this lovely villa. There is so much space and it is well equipped. We LOVED the pool and the views and general outlook are great. It's so open - lovely clear blue skies. Its private and quiet. We explored the surrounding countryside - Tavira is so pretty and went to the beaches at Pedras del Rei and Fuseta plus going to the Island from Olhao was fun. But the villa itself is great to spend time at too - evenings spent barbecuing fish then watching the stars. Very relaxing and just what we needed.
From the Owner
“As a family with four young children, we holidayed in the Eastern Algarve for several years before deciding to buy a permanent base in the region. We chose Quatrim do Sul as it is away from the main hustle and bustle without feeling isolated and is convenient for getting out and about to local shops, towns, etc. Apart from the that, the views are splendid and we get an instant feeling of well-being and relaxation as soon as we open the shutters.”
Activity and Interests
The beaches in the Eastern Algarve are nowhere near as crowded as those in the west - they are beautiful too - long, sandy and secluded. Favourites include the island of Armona accessible by ferry or aquataxi from Olhao; Cabanas just beyond Tavira which is reached by small fishing boat; Pedras del Rei reached either on foot or by miniature train; Fuseta reached by ferry; Quarteira where you can park your car on the sand and lunch on fresh sardines in the adjacent restaurant.
Faro is the nearest international airport (about 20km or 25 minutes drive) although we have used Seville (about 1½ hour drive on the motorway). We recommend hiring a car so you can get about easily. The bus service along the N125 is very good but would be followed by a 1-2km walk to the villa! If you prefer not to hire a car, please ask us for details of a taxi service from Faro airport which is bookable in advance (to avoid being overcharged).
Olhao is the nearest town (about 3 km) with a great waterfront marketplace and good supermarkets. Tavira to the east is about 25 mins drive; Faro Shopping to the west is about 25 mins drive. There are two excellent pottery shops within a couple of kilometers of the villa. Waterparks can be found to the west, beyond Faro - approx 40/45 minutes drive away and are well worth a visit!
The Ria Formosa Natural Park provides the ideal setting for bird-watching and all manner of water sports from kayaking and sailing to diving and dolphin watching. The clear, open night skies are super for star-gazing and watching meteor showers (especially mid August). Even watching the rhythmic movements of the tides provides interest: during high tides at full moon the fisherman's huts seem to almost float away as they are swamped by the tidal flow.
The villa's nearest town, Olhao has a good variety of the usual shops - pharmacies, paper shops selling English papers, banks, a post office, etc. There are good local restaurants (Olhao, Moncarapacho, Tavira) - and the local food is excellent.
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please contact the owners to confirm availability and to discuss booking procedure (which will be sent out via e-mail). Upon receipt of deposit (£200 per week booked), booking will be confirmed. Balance required in cleared funds six week prior to departure. £200 security deposit also required at time of balance payment - repaid upon your return to UK subject to confirmation by villa management company. The pool can be heated for winter bookings (October to Easter) - please request when booking.
Thursday preferred changeover but we try to be flexible so do ask. Arrival time is 4.00pm but subject to agreement with the maid service as access may be possible prior to this. Guests are asked to vacate the villa by 10.00am on the morning of departure.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds based on full occupancy. Pro rata rates apply for additional nights.
Discounts for bookings of two or more weeks. And we are happy to discount for use by a single couple using the downstairs of the villa only and for reduced occupancy, out of season; please ask for details.
Pool heating - where requested - is charged at £120 per week to cover fuel delivery, boiler priming, fuel charges and additional chemicals.
£200 per week booked with balance payable around six weeks prior to arrival date.
Security deposit of £200 payable to cover loss of keys, breakages, damage, etc
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- near the sea
- water parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor bathroom is en suite to the bedroom with bath and separate shower, sink & loo. There is also a separate cloakroom on the ground floor. The upstairs bathroom provides a spacious shower, sink & loo.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Ground floor with French windows onto the terrace. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 family room with 2 single and 1 double beds.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: All three bedrooms and the main living room have air conditioning units which provide cooling comfort in the summer. Additionally, fans are provided. There is broadband at the villa provided by a wi-fi router. A travel cot is available along with a high chair and "trip trap" chair for toddlers at no additional charge (but please let us know in advance if you will need these - you should bring your own cot bedding for the travel cot). We are happy to welcome well-behaved pets - an additional 50 euros per pet per week is chargeable to account for any extra cleaning required (wet noses on the patio doors, dog hairs, garden maintenance, etc). There is a good selection of books, board games, children's games and a collection of DVD's and jigsaw puzzles. Outside: The garden is fully enclosed and gated and is landscaped with fruit trees (lowquats, olives, almonds, lemons, kumquats, figs, mango, oranges, etc). There are lawned and terraced areas, both covered and uncovered. The villa is situated on high ground and has fabulous and uninterrupted views across lagoons to the Atlantic. There is a covered terrace with views for al fresco dining, plus ample open terrace space from which to enjoy the sunshine and views. Additionally, there is a table tennis table and giant chess. There are two barbecues - a large Weber gas barbecue plus a brick built charcoal barbecue. There is a also a granite topped prep area on the covered terrace with power. (We use it when juicing citrus fruit and making toast for breakfast). The table and chairs can be kept in the shade or moved into the sun and used with the sun parasol. The pool is 10 x 5m with gentle steps at the "Roman" shaped shallow end and slopes gently to the deep end. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron and ironing board. Small tumble dryer can be provided at an additional cost of 30 euros per week payable locally (to cover cost of additional electricity). Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and bathroom towels provided - changed weekly for stays over twelve days. Maid service available upon request at additional charge. Beach/pool towels available for hire 5 euros each (to cover laundry and wear & tear).