Village House in Saint Romain en Viennois, Vaucluse, Provence - 3 Km From Vaison La Romaine
This is a spacious village house on 3 floors opening onto the inner road of an ancient village, fully renovated during 2006 and 2012. The top terrace has views to the east over the Barronnies mountains. Beside the house to the west is a large enclosed courtyard. There is a large tiled terrace accessible from the salon on the top floor bordered by a garden with an olive tree, a pomegranate tree and numerous flowers and herbs. The house lies against a hill under the protection of the apse of the village church.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Thanks for giving us the opportunity to stay in this fantastic house. We've had a brilliant holiday.'
'Had a wonderful visit to this part of France - so peaceful here! Loved sitting on your upstairs patio watching the swallows each morning.'
'We had such a relaxing time. We truly love the area and hope to return soon.'
'Thank you so much for the use of your lovely villa. We have had a terrific two weeks of fun and sun. So many sights and so much history here in Provence it deserves another visit. We thoroughly enjoyed the bounty of the big juicy grapes hanging from your vines.'
Activity and Interests
We are about 2 hours' drive from the beaches at Les Saintes Maries de la Mer (the Camargue) and about the same from Marseille.
The nearest airports are Nimes (75 minutes), Montpelier (90 minutes), Marseille (90 minutes), Lyons Satolas (120 minutes), St Etienne (150 minutes). By car, 600 miles from Boulogne-sur-Mer. Exit the A7 at Bollene and follow signs to Vaison-la-Romaine and then the D71 to Saint Romain en Viennois.
3 km (4 minutes drive) to the centre of Vaison-la-Romaine (has a hospital with A&E), 30 minutes' drive to Orange and Bollene. 50 minutes to Avignon.
The village has a lively cafe/bar featuring an outdoor dining area (moules frites on Friday evenings in season) and a pizzeria. There are many, many other good restaurants in the area. A municipal tennis court is a couple of minutes' walk away from the house. There are regular brocante, vide grenier, and art markets in the summer. The village fete takes place over 4 days at the end of July. All is quiet on our side of the village during the fete. The Intermarche supermarket is 1.5km from the house (2 mins drive), Vaison is 3km. Horseback riding is available at Chateau neuf-de-Bordette about 5 miles away. Swimming in the Ouveze River or the Toulerenc (15 minutes drive). Swimming is also available in Vaison at the municipal pool beside the Roman ruins and also in Nyons at their recently opened water facility.
Other activities in the area include cycling (world-famous for road and mountain biking), hiking, rock climbing, tennis, horseback riding, shopping, live theatre, visiting museums, sightseeing (Roman and medieval antiquities; great mountains), downhill skiing, cross country skiing, music and dance festivals, wine-tasting (Cotes-du-Rhone Villages), haunting traditional outdoor markets.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Stay tax||€1 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 18 years.|
A deposit of 20% is required to secure a booking. The balance is due 8 weeks before the start of the holiday or, if booking less than 8 weeks in advance, immediately on booking. Refunds will vary from 100% with up to 8 weeks' notice to 0% if less than 2 weeks' notice. The price includes linens. Bookings during high season run only from Saturday to Saturday. Rentals for less than one week will be charged at the rate for a full week.
Changeover day is Saturday. Departures by 11am, arrivals after 3pm. This can be changed for longer lets. There may be a fee. Contact us for information.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in Euros. Rent may also be paid in pounds sterling at a rate determined by the exchange rate at the time of the contract and agreed in the terms of the contract. Discount available for return rentals.
- Available arrival
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Three bathrooms plus additional WC, as follows: bathroom with shower on 2nd floor; bathroom with bath & shower on 1st floor; separate WC on 1st floor; bathroom with walk-in shower on ground floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has queen-sized bed (140 by 200cm), bedroom 2 has twin-beds (90 by 200cm). Bedroom 3 has king-sized bed (160 by 200cm).
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is heated by electric radiators plus a wood-burning fireplace in the salon. In season there is an additional charge for electricity and/or wood. The house is not suitable for small children or people with limited mobility as the traditional staircases are steep and uneven. The house is not suitable for wheelchair users. Outside: There are 3 mountain bicycles available for rent. Utility Room: Washing machine, racks and lines for drying clothes. Newly renovated for 2012. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: There is no charge for linens and cleaning for one week's hire. For each additional week there will be a cleaning charge and a charge for fresh linens.