Villa nr. Porec, Istria, Croatia - Peaceful Hamlet Location with Panoramic Views to Sea
Luxury villa built from Istrian stone and reclaimed oak beams and terracotta tiles. Private heated pool (8 x 4m) with Roman steps for easy entry and exit and waterfall feature wall. Clear plastic safety cover operated electronically. Peaceful location at the edge of the hamlet, with panoramic views to the sea and wireless internet. Landscaped gardens with tile-capped stone walls all round and wrought iron gates to parking for 2 cars. Tastefully furnished to the highest standard, including American side by side fridge/freezer with chilled water and ice dispenser and canvas pictures of local flora and fauna. Air conditioning in each of the bedrooms. Double glazed windows and doors with traditional external wood shutters with outside access from each bedroom, central heating throughout and traditional Istrian open fireplace giving our villa a welcoming rustic charm.
About the Owner
I live in England with my wife and three young children. My wife and I both work and we try to make it out to our villa at least 4 or 5 times a year. We fell in love with the country when we went on holiday and bought the land to build our lovely villa.
Guestbook comments from the owner
The house is really beautifully built with the reclaimed materials, and beautifully finished inside and out - the pool and the outside lighting were excellent!We've just returned from your beautiful villa.
We had a wonderful time not least because your villa and its location are stunning! The villa truly lived up to all our expectations!
Lovely stay in a lovely villa. The pool was wonderful, great position as it gets the sun all day. Very nice & peaceful - couldn't ask for nicer surroundings.
The landscape & view of the woods around the villa was breathtaking and something I will never forget.
The ice-making fridge is a lifesaver in a 41degree heatwave. Cheers for a great 2 week family holiday in a fantastic villa.
From the Owner
“We love Istria because of the green rolling countryside, vineyards, crystal clear waters and last but not least, the fabulous Mediterranean food. Our villa is in a little hamlet of about 15 houses and is a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of our busy lives in England. With Ryanair and Easyjet now flying to Pula, it is easier than ever to get to our place for a long weekend. The nearby coastal towns are excellent for people watching and eating freshly cooked food.”
Activity and Interests
Porec (15km) picturesque coastal town combining pleasures of seashore and water sports with a taste of rural Croatian life. Daily trips to Venice. Vrsar (15km)-historical coastal town with beautiful marina, restaurants and bars. 25 mins drive to Rovinj-stunning Venetian town. 10 mins drive to famous Limski Channel famous for local oysters and mussels. 30 mins drive to hilltop town Motovun famous for truffles. 30 mins drive to hilltop town of Grozjnan, famous for jazz festivals and artists.
Car hire is essential. Pula airport (30 mins) with Ryanair from Stansted, Easyjet from Gatwick and other airlines from Manchester and Glasgow. Trieste airport (Italy) is 1 hour 45 mins drive with Ryanair. Ljubljana Airport (Slovenia) is 1 hour 45 mins drive with Easyjet daily. Ryanair and Easyjet fly daily to Venice where you can get boat to Porec or drive (2 hour 40 mins).
Nearest villages of Danjeli (1km), Tinjan (2km) and Sveti Lovrec (3km) for basic groceries. Local restaurants in Danjeli, Tinjan, Vrsar (15km), Limski Channel (7km), Porec (18km) and Rovinj (25km) all beautiful coastal towns set by the Adriatic which are rich in culture. Many events and festivals are held throughout the year at these and other local villages. A famous jazz festival is held annually at Groznjan (30km) and concerts are staged in the beautiful Roman amphitheatre in Pula (40km).
The Istrian peninsula is renowned for its good wine, ham, cheese, fresh seafood with plenty of restaurants within 15 mins drive. Within driving distance of the villa you will find beaches, sport grounds, horseback riding, yachting, fishing and diving opportunities. Excursions to Brijuni Islands, Rovinj, Pula and Venice by boat.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
30 Oct 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
Non-refundable 30% deposit of total rental booking. Booking remains open until deposit money is received. Balance to be paid not less than 6 weeks prior to arrival. You should arrange your own cancellation and holiday insurance. Money to be paid by electronic bank transfer. Credit card payment not accepted.
Sunday changeover is preferred but can be flexible. Check out at 10am. Arrival after 3pm.
Notes on prices:
Prices are shown in UK pounds per week.
10% discount on subsequent weeks for 2 or more weeks booking.
Payment by electronic bank transfer only. 30% payable to reserve a booking and 70% payable 6 weeks prior to the start date of the rental period.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villa is enclosed within stone walls and is therefore safe for families with young children. It has its own heated swimming pool with safety cover and a barbecue & dining area for fantastic al fresco dining. For the keen golfer, there is a new 18 hole championship golf course at the Kempinski Hotel about 45 minutes drive away.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 140 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite fully tiled bathroom to master bedroom with wall-hung wc, wash basin, mirror cabinet, bath with shower & shower screen, and heated towel rail. Downstairs fully tiled shower room with wall-hung WC, wash basin, mirror cabinet & heated towel rail.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with kingsize bed, air conditioning and private balcony with panoramic views. Bedroom 2 with twin beds, air conditioning and French doors to sun terrace. Bedroom 3 with twin beds, air conditioning and door to sun terrace with pergola.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Please respect this is a non-smoking villa. General supplies such as washing-up liquid, bathroom soap and toilet rolls are provided. Cot mattress is provided but please supply own bedding. The villa is also ideal for off-season breaks, having central heating throughout and a large traditional Istrian-style open fireplace for cosy nights in. Please note that the pool is open from April to October. Outside: Landscaped gardens with tile-capped stone walls all round including olive, fig and peach trees. Wrought iron gates to paved parking for 2 cars. Sweeping panoramic views over countryside to the sea. Private heated swimming pool (8m x 4m) with full Roman steps for easy entry and exit. There is also an outside shower. Large surrounding patio area with traditional stone BBQ - the patio area is in the sun for all of the day and you can enjoy watching fantastic sunsets whilst having dinner outside. Sun loungers and chairs, locally handmade wooden table and benches for dining and large pergola for shade. Outside lighting on house and in garden for the evenings. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, bath mats, bed linen and tea-towels are provided, and changed weekly. Property is cleaned once a week. Please supply your own beach towels for the swimming pool. Other: Spacious dining area within open living room containing locally hand made oak dining table and 8 chairs. The villa is fully alarmed and has a safe for valuables. Wireless broadband internet is available.